Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nevion

PostSubject: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Hey gals!!

I have bad news!! I came down with a very bad illness and I'm ordered to be on bedrest for at least the next week. So I have to be in my bed with my feet up the entire week!! GAH!!

Anyway, I was hoping that some of you might have some ideas for some kawaii crafts I could do to keep myself occupied and to keep the boredom from worming into my brain and eating me alive.

I'm not much for knitting.. But I'm pretty creative!!! Have any of you ever done any kawaii crafts before?? I need all the inspiration I can get!! ( I can only lay in bed watching anime for so long before my head starts to fall off a bit, heehe sweatdrop )

Lemme know, gals!!

thanks!!

-N
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Deco something. If it's complicated, it should be enough to keep you busy for a couple days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nevion

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm not sure where to get the deco supplies.. Would any regular craft store have them??

any thoughts on what i should deco?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:37 pm

A regular craft store will certainly have things like rhinestones and pearls, but they'll be expensive. If you want good deals on flatback rhinestones—don't bother buying Hotfix rhinestones, as these are more for fabric and require heat to attach them—get them in bulk off of eBay or a store like ArtBeads.com:

http://www.artbeads.com/

Besides rhinestones and pearls, you'll need glue and a tweezers. Stick n' Seal is a good adhesive. You can pick it up at the Home Depot or Target. If you don't want to use rhinestones and pearls, you can also use molded shapes made from air-dry clay, whip cream dollops made from white silicone caulk (also available at the Home Depot), or strips of lace and fake fur. The sky's really the limit. Try looking for some some ideas on Google or YouTube. I'm sure YouTube has some good instruction videos, too.

Most people usually start by decoing something small like a pen or makeup brush, but you can do anything, like your cellphone, DS, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Giuliam wrote:
A regular craft store will certainly have things like rhinestones and pearls, but they'll be expensive. If you want good deals on flatbacks—don't bother buying Hotfix rhinestones, as these are more for fabric and require heat to attach them—get them in bulk off of eBay or a store like ArtBeads.com:

http://www.artbeads.com/

Besides rhinestones and pearls, you'll need glue and a tweezers. Stick n' Seal is a good adhesive. You can pick it up at the Home Depot or Target. If you don't want to use rhinestones and pearls, you can also use molded shapes made from air-dry clay, whip cream dollops made from white silicone caulk (also available at the Home Depot), or strips of lace and fake fur. The sky's really the limit. Try looking for some some ideas on Google or YouTube. I'm sure YouTube has some good instruction videos, too.

Most people usually start by decoing something small like a pen or makeup brush, but you can do anything, like your cellphone, DS, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nevion

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:26 pm

I would totally love to do my DS!! Smile would you recommend using a protective cover for the ds and deco-ing that?? Or would you just do it directly on the ds??

I was actually thinking about learning to crochet. I would only need one needle, so it might not be as awkward for me as using the 2 needles that you need to knit (I always found that really annoying)

I was thinking about crocheting a cute beanie hat and then crocheting little smiling cupcakes and cookies and wafer shapes to accent one side of it! Or maybe even making these out of felt..

Just a thought!!! Smile

It could be real cute.. and real time consuming too...

I've got at least a week on my back, says the doctor, so please keep the ideas coming guys!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Nevion wrote:
I would totally love to do my DS!! Smile would you recommend using a protective cover for the ds and deco-ing that?? Or would you just do it directly on the ds??

Definitely get a protective cover. That way if you mess up or what to eventually change the design, it's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:01 am

I like making stuffed animals.
(:

Cotton is so distracting,
I play with it for hours sometimes (or used to, anyway D; ).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nevion

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Well.. out of boredom I taught myself to crochet!

I made myself this cute oversized baret!!! ^^ pretty good, I'd say.. considering it was my first attempt!!

I'm going to buy myself some pink yarn tonight and I plan to make one like this > http://gnathalie2.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/puff_stitch_beret6.jpg

Hopefully It will turn out well too!!

I love hats!
kawaii
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:30 am

It's cute! ( * u * )
That's so good, especially considering it's your first attempt!

My first attempt looked like doody. xDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nevion

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks! I was super proud of it! Smile

Right now i'm working on a watermelon scarf!! Smile hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!   

Back to top Go down

Advice???!!?! PWEEEEEEZE?!?!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1