Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Make-up!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tosatsu

PostSubject: Make-up!   Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:51 am

So, I've gotten a little interest in make-up communique.
here is where I will post some tips, pictures, instructionals, charts, techniques. i'm a full time make-up artist/Hair dresser so any questions you have, please! feel free to ask...lets hope this works cause i suck at HTML...If you want ANY tutorial on how to do these looks leave me a comment and i'll respond within 12 hours..LOVES

Banbaa:: Comes from Barbie-kei. Notably lighter make up then manba and is especially more blended and almost never having any white make on the cheeks (but sometimes I little strip under the eye). The hair is often crimped, curled, braided, with fringe or bangs off to the side. Clothing is like club wear, something bright, sometimes not. Often times they wear gemstoned false eyelashes or gemstones on the inside corner of the eye. Angie gal Kyon is a good representative of Banba. And Tsuyome is Banba with a light make
B-gal:
Just to be clear B-gyaru AREN'T trying to be like black women! They are emulating R&B artists who are predominately African American. A lot of them tan their skin dark and permanently maintain that tan, but some Rohardly tan at all. They dress like the R&B artists they see and attire hair styles like micro-braids, cornrows, and almost always extensions. The 'b' in b-gal is literally an acronym for 'break' as in 'break dancer'.
Gyaru:
Now then as we go to talk about 'gyaru' you should learn about 'ganguro'. Ganguro used to be the predominant gyaru style, but it is now very old and the term 'ganguro' nowadays is usually used to describe a tanned gyaru. New Gyaru are the trend setters, the models, and the general gal style. Their skin tone ranges from bihaku (white) to ganguro (dark tanned) and they are ship-shape stylish. Gyaru are ultra trendy and they follow many different clothing styles like miruteri, amekaji, saike, rokku, etc, but are ALWAYS up-to-date. They rule Shibuya and often times look like clones with all the same blonde kurukuru (fashion curl) hairstyle (>.<), but remember, true gyaru remain individuals!
Himegyaru:
Directly translated as: Princess Gal. It is a style characterized by pink make-up and long, long eyelashes as well as either tan or very light skin. Huge hair in a bouffant/beehive is practically the uniform. Himegyaru wear Liz Lisa typically because the brand sums up the style. Lots of fur and rich materials as well as lace and velvet; high heels are ALWAYS a must as well as a good structured handbag preferably white, black, or pink. Animal prints as well as rhinestones, roses, orchids, and other flowers. Pearl and cameo inlays and beadwork on nails is a HUGE trend. Hair is teased up on top and curled tightly in spirals on the bottom. Hair color is always caramel, black, or dark brown. Rarely is hair dyed white and never unnatural colors. Casual himegyaru can be confused with oneegyaru.
Kogyaru:
high school girl who chooses to hinder her skin tone and hair color to go against standards set by her school to dictate what she wears or doesn't wear, kogal are set apart from others because of their need to stay kawaii and one step ahead of fashion trends.
Manba:
Comes from Yamanba. it is for the most part exactly the same only the make-up is much more powdery and blended better, and often the clothing is Alba Rosa, cocolulu and fairly non-beach related. However, 4 inch strappy sandals and capri pants are very common. This is an old style. Gaijin-gyaru should really only practice this style as a tribute.
Manba(recent)
The craziest of them all; manba is the shortened term from yamanba and has evolved rapidly since the term was officially coined in 2004. An even darker tan than any previous gal style, hair dyed so much in so many colors that it break like glass and falls out like no other. Hair is teased, backcombed, and hair sprayed super big. Make up is thick contrasting black and white with the white strip down almost to the bottom of the nose. Sometimes colored eye shadows. Very shiny, flashy, lots of glitter and false eyelashes as always, but now some with gemstones and neon colors. As for the clothes: just as flashy as the hair and make up:, bright T's, rave style clothes, mini skirts, tutu's, hot pants, high heels, stilettos, slippers. Some common accessories are feather bowers, big bows, some still wear flowers in their hair.
Oneegyaru(this is what I am)
A gal who is typically in her early to mid twenties who has reformed her previously Wild gal style into a sophisticated and understated form of ganguro. Many oneegyaru still tan and dye their hair light brown or blonde but obesseses with wearing high fashions like LV, YSL, and Chanel etc. This style is super expensive. You'll need lots of money.
Romanba:
A style that is too often called "lolita gal" but is rather 'ro', as in romantic. It is a manba who wears lots of pink and lots of lace. Romanba wear lots of Marie-chan and lots of pearls and flowers. Keep in mind: though similar to the idea of Lolita, its' far from it. Typical brands are Pinky Girls and Liz Lisa. The skin tone is usually very dark with the manba make-up. Alternatively, called "robanba" for the style with the banba make
Yamanba:
The early form of manba, characterized by over the top make-up and stickers of popular Disney characters or cartoons as well as jewels or stick-on earrings. The clothing style is heavy "I just got back from Hawaii" complete with lei's on wrists, necks, ankles and even in hair. Thick ganguro style "panda" make and usually orange, hot pink, teal, blue or bleached white hair. The usual hairstyle is long with many multi-colored extensions with the common long on bottom short on top hairstyle. This style is also old and no longer in practice except by a small handful of oldschool gyarus and sometimes worn as a tribute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sasori

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:59 am

whii!! im excited~
can you make a hime gyaru tutorial?
if you dont mind ^=^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:32 am

you may be able to help!

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk28/gyarufactory/HAIR%20STYLES/LONG/13732969_1051769948.jpg

is this gal baika or onee-kei

i thought onee-kei but i have been wrong allot of times! ^^;

and thank you for the post! i will help me out allot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hello-kokoro

PostSubject: help~*~*   Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:29 pm

I want to do modern gyaru something thats pretty casual for school but still gal
My outfits are mostly celebrity or a tad girly: bby blue polka dot vnecks,marin e marine polos

Can you give me some advice on make based on my style and face

Maybe some advice on my manba makeup?

neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/minniemanba
EmiGal

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:22 am

Hey, I was wondering how i could do this make up?

But I dont want to look emo or anything, because I have noticed on other websites when people go for the gyaru look they end up looking emo and stuff, and i'm not really into emo.
lol

Also, do you know of another way of tanning in the middle of winter? I dont really want to ruin my skin in the solarium things (I think i spelled that wrong)

Thanks

Last edited by EmiGal on Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sasori

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:31 am

carrotcake2 wrote:

neutral

waaah~
love ur t shirts O_O' n___n
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tosatsu

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:04 am

miharuchan wrote:
whii!! im excited~
if you dont mind ^=^

I'll get on this ASAP, i'll do a look similiar looks on some pictures this afternoon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:33 pm

for a modern gyaru look try b-kei
i actually like the emo look! and i try gyaru and i usually look like a girly emo but i don't mind! its cute! =^-^=
rinrin's make: fake eyelashes, blue contacts, white eyeliner...stick or liquid corner of the inside and bottom of eye, black stick eyeliner on bottom and outer conner of eye and inside center part of eye, light blue on top lid, dark mascara, light pink lip gloss, white lip liner, and white concealer on nose.

>w<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hello-kokoro

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm emo!?!?!?!
oh noes :00000

Today I did white on the inside of my eyes between bridge of my nose and a cat eye shadow
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/minniemanba
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:37 pm

take a pic i wana see!!! =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tosatsu

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:59 am

miharuchan wrote:
whii!! im excited~
if you dont mind ^=^

Sorry this took so long, ive been overwhelmed by work,new clients, what a rush !

Im gonna do this step my step as concise as I can(for anyone else who has responded to this thread,i'll get to you by order of request)
Hime Gyaru.

the princess look...I'll start with make-up and move to hair...quickly.if you need any furthur help, just ask.

!-Moisturize.rub your facial moisturizer into your skin(again helps ward off shine and keeps skin soft)
Apply a light concealer, if you dont tan and are naturally pale, just stick to your basic concealer(ivory or better)
Blend this into your skin . 1 layer or 2 should do,until everything is uniform,no blemishes standing out.
2-Apply a translucent powder if your skin is naturally clear and smooth. If not apply a power the same share or 1 step lighter then your concealer. Once youve done matteing your face apply a light shimmer power or transluscent shimmer or even a light yellow over your forehead, cheeks, chin and nose, maybe under your eyes if they seem dull.(i'll get to blush soon)
3-Eye brows, take an eyebrow brush and eyebrow pencil (of similar color to your hair color) lightly sweep your pencil over your eyes and make an arch you like, the brush is your friend, so use it until the color in your eyebrows are blended,light,and uniform. This also helps take away excess make-up.
4-Eyes, Use a volumizing or lengthening mascara, either or work, apply several(2-5) coats of this until your eyelashes are visible above your brow bone, if there are clumps, use the tooth comb on your eyebrow brush and comb through until there are no clumps.(if you wanna use fakes, this works better)
5-If you line your eyes(not the best idea) do it VERY thinly, try not to use to much liquid eyeliner, id almost suggest pencil.Stay close to your eyelash line.VERY THIN.
6-Sweep over your eyelids a nice soft pin, soft brown, optimally you can use both, so accentuate your eyes.
7-Cheeks-Use a light pink,dusty rose on your cheeks.Smile veryyyy big and sweep these over the apples of your cheeks up to your temple. dont over blush or else you'll look cheap, very fine light sweep is key.
8-Lipgoss and Lipstick ,Choose a very pale pink lipstick, put this on,and over top put a light bronze over, i suggest cliniques line, they can show you the lightest bronze, put a very light layer over top your lips,this will help with the rest of your face shimmer.

Hair-Okay, well Hime Gyaru doesnt work well without long hair.If you dont have long hair ,i dont suggest this look, unless youre willing to sink 0ver 70$ into real HUMAN hair, the shades of auburn,dirty blonde,burnt orange etc.If you have natural long hair, and you have a close enough hair color to typical hime gyarus i suggest some blonde hi-lites.
1- So you got the hair color, wash,condition.Blow dry strait,PIN STRAIT.tease the roots with a teasing comb(any comb will work with varying effects) tease your roots, not the hair that shows,for example your natural part.Tease under your part, about 1 1/2 inches under your part, you want a sleek look on top.
tease the back following the same rules as your part.If youre having trouble seeing your back of your hair have a friend hold a mirror behind you while youre facing another mirror or have her do it if your trust her. Use some aerosal hair spray(aquanet works well, but any max hold hair spray works)over the top of your hair liberally. Blow dry the top on low, so it gets stiff on top . .
2-So you hair your hair height.pin the top sections, from your up, in some bobby pins without disturbing the hold, the longer tresses you wanna use a curling iron on.,Put some gel into the ends of your tresses and work through.Once youve done this take a 1 1/2 -2 1/2 inch curling iron and curl each 1 1/2 inch peice clockwise.Hold in your hair for a minute on each strand.
do this till all the hair at the bottom is in uniform curls.
3-So curls are done ,HAIR SPRAY LIBERALLY and wait for them to dry.
4-,curls are done,height is done, grab some clear bobby pins or black if you have fancy lacy hair pins and accesories.So, remember how i said clip back the hair from your ears up.good. Take that hair and pin back to about the middle or your hair,before do this, tease again whatever you didnt curl,tease and tease until you have height.so there you have height, sweep your hair back to that point and cover the teased hair with thew smooth strait hair youve left unteased.use your fingers while looking in a mirror to create a high bouffant, once you found a place that is comfortable and looks decent, pin down with bobby pins.If youve done this correctly, your hair sdhould be high, the ends curled .If you have fringe, sweep it to the side and hair spray, if its long, use a bobby pin to to keep it in place.

hope this helps, any questions,please ask , good luck(sorry i couldnt post photos, cameras on the fritz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:01 pm

OMGness....no way....that is the longest message i have ever seen....i am not reading that...but you sure do know allot!!!! >w<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sasori

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:21 pm

tosatsu thankyou so much!! :star:
thankyou for ur timee and help n___n'
it worked <33
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:18 pm

oh thats good! its really great to have a gal that smart on this forum! i mean we are all good but none of us have that kind of experience!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tosatsu

PostSubject: Re: Make-up!   Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:00 am

EmiGal wrote:
Hey, I was wondering how i could do this make up?

But I dont want to look emo or anything, because I have noticed on other websites when people go for the gyaru look they end up looking emo and stuff, and i'm not really into emo.
lol

Also, do you know of another way of tanning in the middle of winter? I dont really want to ruin my skin in the solarium things (I think i spelled that wrong)

Thanks

I'll get on this ASAP...in the next 12 hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Make-up!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next