Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Where is a good place?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fay

PostSubject: Where is a good place?   Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Where is a good place to get Gyaru clothes in Canada, I can't order online since i don't have a credit card and im broke at the moment, so ya lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:14 am

Go window shopping (since you're broke at the moment) and try on clothes that are cute and form-fitting.
If you like them, then they are good enough to be gyaru-clothing. Since it really doesn't matter what you
wear as long as your hair and make are gyaru. (:

These are old examples, but they should still work. >_<

The two girls above are gyaru, but they are both only wearing a tangtop. (:
To me, not worrying too much about clothes is the best money-saving advise I have learned. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:50 pm

appa wrote:
Go window shopping (since you're broke at the moment) and try on clothes that are cute and form-fitting.
If you like them, then they are good enough to be gyaru-clothing. Since it really doesn't matter what you
wear as long as your hair and make are gyaru. (:

Well...I'm going to disagree with you there, lol. Gyaru is a total look. If your clothes aren't on point, the rest of the look will be off. If we could all get away with wearing simple tank tops and jeans, then what would be the point of gyaru magazines showing new and trendy clothing every season? Clothing does matter, just like makeup matters, hair matters, and nails matter.

And to be honest, hair and makeup don't run cheap, either.

To the OP: What sort of stores do you have at your local mall? Also, what sort of a style are you going for? Can you post some examples?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fay

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Well I absolutely Positively love Nonoka Iwata's Style. And im pretty sure i can pull it off i have almost the same hair as her right now except the color, and ive always like dark stuff.
Her blog
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Fay wrote:
Well I absolutely Positively love Nonoka Iwata's Style. And im pretty sure i can pull it off i have almost the same hair as her right now except the color, and ive always like dark stuff.
Her blog

Where in Canada do you live? If your city has a Forever 21, that's a good place to start. Some examples from there:

http://canada.forever21.com/category.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=acc_hat_hairgoods&page=all&pgCount=25&price=&size=&sort=
(Huge bows are very gyaru!)

http://canada.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=acc_necklace&product_id=1055985985&Page=all&pgcount=25
(A cross is very goth-appropriate.)

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=top_camis_tanks&product_id=2079029151&Page=all&pgcount=25#
(The black and purple plus the lace back give a gothic touch, while the floral print is very "in" right now with gals.)

http://canada.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=btms_skirts&product_id=2055984953&Page=all&pgcount=25
(A short fluffy skirt is a must.)

http://canada.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=acc_bracelet&product_id=1072231109&Page=all&pgcount=25
(Add a bracelet set to further accessorize. Sets are great because you can mix and match the pieces as needed with all sorts of outfits.)

http://canada.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=acc_legwear&product_id=2086711388&Page=all&pgcount=25
(Add some cute printed tights.)

http://canada.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=footwr&footwr_style=footwr_highheels&footwr_size=&footwr_color=&footwr_price=&product_id=2000000444&Page=1
(Finish with some great heels. These are quite edgy.)

Real goth clothing isn't all that hard to find, either. I don't know what stores you have in Canada—I live in America, sorry, lol—but I'm sure there's something for you to work with. You could try thift stores, too, if you don't mind used clothing or shoes.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited by Giuliam on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
su-siu

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:38 pm

One thing I've found is that gyaru trends are often not to different from whats popular here
like right now there are: maxi dresses, rompers, and floral prints, if you find trends that you can find here whether they are brand and the like shouldn't matter so much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Giuliam wrote:

Well...I'm going to disagree with you there, lol. Gyaru is a total look. If your clothes aren't on point, the rest of the look will be off. If we could all get away with wearing simple tank tops and jeans, then what would be the point of gyaru magazines showing new and trendy clothing every season? Clothing does matter, just like makeup matters, hair matters, and nails matter.

:/
I don't know. To me, gyaru is a style that can run across all types of beauty and dress. That's why there are so many styles out there, I think. And so, realistically, any clothes that you're passionate about should fit your unique gal style perfectly. I think clothes are always a question because the gyaru magazines show so much variety when it comes to clothing choices. Clothing is a big market to get on top of, so of course they will advertise it to influence styles they enjoy. But if Kanako or Tsubasa decided to wear something different, that wouldn't make them no longer look gal. Even if they wished to wear some ugly stuff. (:

Sure, clothes can make the difference in making you look five pounds heavier or five pounds lighter.

Excuse my MSPainting failure, but this is the best I could do. >_<;

Picture 1 shows the girls in nothing but underwear, and yet they are undeniable rocking the gyaru fashion, yes?

Picture 2 is more the point I'm trying to make. >_<; (again, I fail at art)
I put each girl in a ridiculously unflattering outfit, and yet they all still look gal. It's because of the make and hair. There is some truth in saying that clothing matters in the style. However, I don't find it to be a necessity. But many do, so I understand. Personally, I love to shop and think about what would look best on me. But the best part of gyaru to me is that I don't have to ask myself if the outfit I like is gyaru or not. I could wear my favorite T and some comfortable shorts and still look amazingly GAL if I could only get the make up right (I still am learning, so it's a tad hard for me).

But, again, I understand where you are coming from because clothes are a beautiful industry to play around with. But I think they only make up 10%, if that, of the overall picture.

(: But don't get me wrong, wearing clothes that suit your body type can make you look a million times more attractive. And wearing popular styles can make you feel more self-assured. But, I don't think it should be something you waste too much time worrying about. (Unless you're going for himekaji or himegyaru--then I love how their outfits make up 80% of their look).

Giuliam wrote:
And to be honest, hair and makeup don't run cheap, either.

That's why I like to use clothes I already own--so I can spend my entire pay check on makeup, nails, hair and savings. (:
Though I usually always end up buying video games. ( =___= ')//

--I AM SO SORRY ABOUT HOW RIDICULOUSLY LONG THIS POST IT. *shootsself* D,8
I hope you guys don't mind my rambling. (''''' > A< ) //
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:10 am

Well said! I think you made some very good points. For me at least, when I see a gal with nice make and hair and an otherwise weird or untrendy outfit, my most immediate thought is, "What's up with her clothes?" Take this image of Tsubasa:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5j20k5uw91qa505to1_500.jpg

Sure, she looks great from the neck up, but her entire look is thrown off by the clothes. (Maybe I just have no imagination, lol.)

My biggest worry is that some people will take the whole, "you can wear whatever you want, just have perfect hair and make!" argument the wrong way and use it as an excuse to not even try. In the end, people can do whatever they want—you always have the last word when it comes to your personal style!—but I still think people should make an effort to give all aspects of gyaru a go, even if it's something small.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:18 am

Oh, thank you. (:
Of course! I think clothes are a wonderful thing to get interested in. I have so much clothes that I could dress an entire nation. xD

Good point. ( n // //n ) //
Trying is key, because without it then there is nothing. >_<;
Because I always look at those magazines with my envy eyes over the cute clothing styles. (:

Cocolulu is adorable. ( * ___ * )
AND LIZ LISA, OH MY~

So many cute braaaandsss. <333

Haa haa, *lamefail*. (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fay

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:40 am

Most of my clothes are sorta scene Sad i really need some help, i think i have the have and makeup down, i will post some pics later, but the clothes i think is the hardest part for me Sad
I think i have the makeup down but i don't really wear blush, and i don't have any fake lashes, but my lashes are really long so... ya lol
But im gonna go for a shower and ill take pics, so ill be back soon! :3

Edit
Here is my most recent pic taken today.
My hair is really flat though, so be warned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:25 pm

Fay wrote:
Most of my clothes are sorta scene Sad i really need some help, i think i have the have and makeup down, i will post some pics later, but the clothes i think is the hardest part for me Sad

Can you post pictures of a couple things from your closet? It might be easier to give you advice once we know what you actually have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is a good place?   

Back to top Go down

Where is a good place?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1