Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Telling your friends?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EmiGal

PostSubject: Telling your friends?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:12 am

Hey gals
I was just wondering, how did you all tell your friends that you were interested in gyaru fashion?

I still havn't told my friends and I have no idea how to tell them Sad

I kind of got my friend interested in egg magazine but she doesnt know that the magazine is for gyarus or even what a 'gyaru' is!

Sad I dont know what to doooo because its lonely being a gyaru by myself
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:18 pm

all you have to do is get on of your friends to like it with you! thats what yuka did! XD lol! and here i am! she is allot less lonely now! she has her own cir! >w< or you could just invite your BFF over to your house for the night and ask her what she thinks of your cloths and your style! then gradually show more signs of gal-ness kicken in! did that help at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmiGal

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:19 pm

QT kiri-panda wrote:
all you have to do is get on of your friends to like it with you! thats what yuka did! XD lol! and here i am! she is allot less lonely now! she has her own cir! >w< or you could just invite your BFF over to your house for the night and ask her what she thinks of your cloths and your style! then gradually show more signs of gal-ness kicken in! did that help at all?

Thanks! That really does help a lot! I will try!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:56 pm

o i am so glad i could (finally) help! no prob! ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiigurl1233

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:47 pm

all i did was simply bring a notebook that i print pictures and paste them in it to school one day,and it had some pics of gyaru style(old and new) and my friend was looking through my bag and found that and was looking at it and loved it. then she started showing all of our friends and they all liked it. (this was like 3 years ago cause i was still in public school)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dahomeyu

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:33 pm

When they ask me I just told them kawaii I ma gyaru and if they don't know what is it I explain it anyway all my friends know that I love japan since long time ago xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyouko31

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:55 am

Really~ late reply but~ In all honesty, I started being gyaru about half a year ago because I watched a few youtube videos and I liked the style. I just told my best friend "Yo. I'm gonna be a gyaru-ninja. Believe it." and recently, I turned her into a rokku gyaru~ Score for Kyouko.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyBee

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Honestly, I did not tell them! Haha, I just sort of did it, and of course, they did not really care~! I started putting a lot more of my money into makeup/jewelery/clothes, etc, and I know they think something is up (because usually me and my friends' money goes to art supplies and books!) but I guess they vaguely know what gyaru is and such. (And surprisingly, doing everyone's costume makeup at theatre makes them accept it a WHOLE lot more. lol!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LovelyLittleDolls

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Hmm...well my friend knows I'm into asian stuff xD
I started out as an ulzzang and since Korea is a trend here in my country, most young kids and teens know what ulzzang is.
I've never told my friend I was a gyaru. They probably think I'm experimenting with a heavier darker make up for ulzzang lol. But they know I'm really interested in Japan and the whole 'big eyes' style.
I did show some gyaru pics to my close friend and she said she preferred ulzzang because gyaru looked freaky Crying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pinkBubbles~

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:11 pm

My friends dont really care about it O_O
they are not interesting in the japanese and south korean cultures ... there is a Community in israel about japan and that but
its not really Popular in israel~ Crying
When i told them i am into the gyaru and ulzzang they told me i am very Unique and rostral [ israel goes after usa thats why .. ]
they dont really care about my stuff [ gyaru ulzzang kpop jpop anime manga language ] a little part laughed at me but i dont really care ><"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xcrimsonstarx

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:40 pm

I just sort of said it, my friends are pretty used to me in visual kei and lolita anyways so gyaru to them seems 'toned down' for me haha, I doubt they would be interested in it though, but they have their own styles so its cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telling your friends?   

Back to top Go down

Telling your friends?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1