Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Cameras

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ahn ne

PostSubject: Cameras   Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 pm

Since all GALs take photos of their looks,
I was wondering if you all would know of a cute camera
that take pretty hi-quality pictures.

I'm without a camera, so that's definetly something on my
"to get" list. :3

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siusiu

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Just so you know, most "cute" cameras don't have very good quality. Always opt for quality as opposed to looks. Because even if the camera is cute, your pictures might not be if the quality sucks.

Anyways, here are a few cameras that are good quality and stylish.

Canon SD1400IS 14MP Digi-cam

Canon Power Shot SD1200IS 10MP Digi-cam

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W350 14.1MP Digi-cam

The Canon's come in multiple colours as well, and the Sony comes in white. Hope that helps Very Happy And even if they aren't that cute, you can always deco them and add straps etc. Just look at Xiaxue's camera!!

It used to look like this!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Quality pictures are much more important.
I just like to dream (since my deco-skills suck)! ;D

That sony cam is pretty cute, though!
And 14.1 MP is pretty darn good. o__o <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nilastra

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Also to get the best pic possible if you have an unsteady hand a camera stand really helps. Although I'm looking into getting one of these
which is Dual View TL220
12.2 Megapixel Resolution
Recycle bin
27mm WIDE Angle lens
Smart Album
for about 250USDs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:49 am

For anyone wanting a few tips & tricks on taking pictures once you've gotten the camera you want, I really recommend checking out this episode of Xiaxue's Guide to Life. I'm well aware that many people say she isn't Gal, and I personally agree, but you can't deny she has a few pearls of wisdom to pass on. There are some interesting things she mentions which might not be obvious at first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nilastra

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Hikitty wrote:
For anyone wanting a few tips & tricks on taking pictures once you've gotten the camera you want, I really recommend checking out this episode of Xiaxue's Guide to Life. I'm well aware that many people say she isn't Gal, and I personally agree, but you can't deny she has a few pearls of wisdom to pass on. There are some interesting things she mentions which might not be obvious at first.
Xiaxue's not Gal?! Shocked but she fits a majority of the criteria quite well. I suppose if she herself doesn't consider herself gal , then o.O I suppose o.o;; :kaohuh:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:48 pm

A lot of people don't consider her Gal, and I can't remember her having ever referred to herself as Gal or even mentioning the style in her blog. I think a lot of Westerners just see Asian girl with blonde hair, circle lenses and heavy make-up and think "Gyaru" when it's really not that simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nilastra

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Hikitty wrote:
A lot of people don't consider her Gal, and I can't remember her having ever referred to herself as Gal or even mentioning the style in her blog. I think a lot of Westerners just see Asian girl with blonde hair, circle lenses and heavy make-up and think "Gyaru" when it's really not that simple.
ehh :study: it's not even that or I would mistake CL of 2ne1 for being gyaru now lol . DX It's just clothing wise, hair wise, the way the makeup is done, and even her nails! My first thought would be gyaru knowing a fair amount of contouring, falsies, would have been used. she sure fooled me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Hikitty wrote:

Thanks for the link!
I don't consider her GAL either, tbh.
Doesn't mean she can't be a smart girl when it comes to "GAL" things.

:3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chertel

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 pm

idk if u noticed this, but everytime i see a pic of a gal in some mag or blog or watever, they ALWAYS(and i mean always) use cell phone cameras...

why? idk. maybe they dont no wat a camera is lol jk. prob too cool for one or something. but i use a regular camera so its all cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siusiu

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:47 pm

himegyaru wrote:
idk if u noticed this, but everytime i see a pic of a gal in some mag or blog or watever, they ALWAYS(and i mean always) use cell phone cameras...

why? idk. maybe they dont no wat a camera is lol jk. prob too cool for one or something. but i use a regular camera so its all cool.

Actually, many Japanese cellphones have cameras with equal or greater quality to regular cameras. Many have 8 megapix or more. So they probably just find it more convenient to use just their cellphone as opposed to having a phone and a camera to carry around all over the place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chaudalyn

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:44 am

I like to use my cell phone, my hubby's cell phone (his takes video) and my Sanyo. I don't remember the name of it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.chaudie.net
DollyEyez

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Have you guys found a camera with "Soft Mode" Feature in it? I know Xiaxue uses it. Its a new feature that are being displayed in cameras now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:57 pm

himegyaru wrote:

I think it's a lot to do with the online culture of Japan. A large number of sites are mobile version only, or require a mobile phone number to sign up. It's also easier to blog from a phone than on a computer sometimes, so many photos taken on phones can be uploaded directly without having to first transfer to a computer etc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siusiu

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:03 pm

DollyEyez wrote:
Have you guys found a camera with "Soft Mode" Feature in it? I know Xiaxue uses it. Its a new feature that are being displayed in cameras now.

Xiaxue's camera is the Panasonic Lumix LX3, and I know the Olympus PEN E-PL1 has it. Just look for cameras that have "Art Filters". That usually means they have a Soft mode, as well as other modes like Sepia, B/W, Pop Art, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gyaruhair

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:49 am

Hikitty wrote:
For anyone wanting a few tips & tricks on taking pictures once you've gotten the camera you want, I really recommend checking out this episodet.

Thanks for the link. I remember reading about this in a japanese magazine. they call it 盛れる
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gyaruhair.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cameras   

Back to top Go down

Cameras
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1