Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Half up Hair

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Miss_Juicy

PostSubject: Half up Hair   Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Ahh! I've been seeing this style a bit lately and I really adore it.. so I decided to try it, I based it off of this video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INW2bVUeQTE

The only thing I didn't do was curl my hair.. because I have natural super curly hair. kawaii Anyways.. It was super fast to do... 5-10 minutes if your hair is already curly.

Also I didn't go as crazy with the back-combing >.>
FRONT
[img][/img]
SIDE

SIDE

BACK

Does it look ok on me? No making fun of my face! haha no make up on :face: I was just testing the hair style... also the lighting and camera isnt exactly nice >.> its muh webby cam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Half up Hair   Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:26 pm

I like it. :3
I wish there was more volume at the top, as well as the side.
But it looks fine as-is too. ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Half up Hair   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:22 pm

Aaah a hairstyle I hold close to my heart; I do this when I'm being lazy and want a nicely put together hairstyle without actually putting in any effort! It's such a quick fix hairstyle, it only takes me five minutes to arrange and pin it (although I, too, have natural curls).

What I like to do with mine is slightly straighten the very bottom layer of curls closest to my neck to lengthen them, leave the middle layer as is and then pin up the top layer a little higher on my head. When you do it right, it gives you a nice cascading effect rather than just a bunch on the side of your head, although it depends on which look you prefer really. I also leave a short curl on the opposite side to frame my face, but I do have a fringe, so it'd look very odd if I didn't.

@Miss_Juicy
From the picture - although it's hard to tell - the side looks a little messy. Perhaps comb it next time to pull it across tighter. Once you add in the hairspray it really is a one day only style because your hair will just stick out on one side when you take it down(!) and you'll be forced to wash it, so it doesn't matter about pulling those curls on that one side a little looser. I think this look is cute on you and this hairstyle is just so easy it should be a staple of everyone who can manage it in some form! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mizukodomo14

PostSubject: Re: Half up Hair   Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm

GRRR my hair is ALMOST long enough to do this...
just one more process and it'll be perfect Very Happy
I really like this look... perfect for school this semester, since I have PE first thing in the morning TT_TT
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Teitei2.devianART.com
Aya

PostSubject: Re: Half up Hair   Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Hehe I agree with Hikittty!!

I do the very same thing with my hair, and hair looks longer that way too when you dont pin the lower part of your head entirely Smile

I like to do this hairdo in parties! (60 ppl in a small 3 room appartement.... always too hot, no need to have a fringe that glues to your forehead)

And yep, reallllly fast to acheive. I already got the curly/wavy hair naturally Smile

It looks reaally good on you!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://keepitcute.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Half up Hair   Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:44 am

I was try to do this hairstyle yeasterday, but i have to much hair Sad on my hair it not look good...
Back to top Go down
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Half up Hair   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:44 am

PinkHime wrote:
I was try to do this hairstyle yeasterday, but i have to much hair Sad on my hair it not look good...
I used to have too much hair to do anything with until I got layers. I think this style will be difficult with long hair with no or very long layers ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiika

PostSubject: Re: Half up Hair   Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:17 am

Really kawaii Wave
But I kind of also like half up hair with straight hair. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half up Hair   

Back to top Go down

Half up Hair