Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VuJiE

PostSubject: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:10 am

i am tired of trying from unknown conditioner brands to professional brands but still my hair resemble a witch broom.
i also did hair treatment but my hair doesn't improve too much.
everytime i went to get a haircut the stylist gave me what-happened-to-her-hair look. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vujie.blogspot.com
Brackishx

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:59 am

Buy a really good deep conditioner and use it once a week.
I use this stuff
http://www.perfumezilla.com/images_product/tigi-hair-care-150ml-5-07oz-s-factor-serious-conditioner-intensive-hair-remedy-with-sunflower-seed-oil-women.jpg
I picked it up from my salon, it's seriously a life saver!

I've also used this stuff too
http://www.homemakers.com/img/photos/biz/conditioners4-Garnier.jpg
It's less than half the price of the Sfactor stuff and it works well too.

Good luckk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Sometimes the best thing you can do is protect your hair from the start and try to not reach the state of needing repair. How frequently do you wash your hair? Especially condition. Overuse of conditioner strips the hair of it's natural oils and that isn't good for the health of your hair, especially the ends. Another essential piece of haircare is to use heat protection whenever you use heat, it's really not worth ignoring it and not using it.

I don't think I can really suggest to you what I use, as I use a shampoo and conditioner for light dyed hair. I've heard that as far as Pantene goes, you should avoid it because apparently it's heavy and stays in your hair even when you think you've washed it out. If you're wanting to combat frizz, it might be worth trying it out and seeing if it helps hold your hair down?

Although of course there are other factors which can lead to unhealthy hair. Poor diet can affect your hair just like using too much heat. A diet low in fat can cause unhealthy hair, and too much sugar, salts and animal fats can dull it etc

You could always look into some of the 'natural' methods that are kicking about if you get fed up of using chemicals, like using castor oil or mayonnaise before shampooing etc (but it sounds pretty gross!).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
su-siu

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:30 pm

My advice would be to not wash your hair everyday (so like, wash it every other day Razz) and stay away from heat! (As hard as it may be xD, but keeping your flat iron or curler on low heat and air drying your hair works pretty well lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brackishx

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 pm

su-siu wrote:
My advice would be to not wash your hair everyday (so like, wash it every other day Razz) and stay away from heat! (As hard as it may be xD, but keeping your flat iron or curler on low heat and air drying your hair works pretty well lol)
Best advice for sure!
As hard as it is definatly do not wash your hair everyday!
And DEFINATLY buy heat protection spray before you flat iron, blow dry or hot curl your hair. It's a hair life saver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VuJiE

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:33 am

thank you gorgeous for all the advises!!! I am now working hard to make my hair healthy again. Thumbs up
hope can be gorgeous like u all Kiss-kiss
Back to top Go down
Hiika

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:58 am

Remember how you wash your hair. Only wash every 3 day and only use a small amount of shampoo and much conditioner. (Also find products that's good for your hairtype and gives you the result you want.) Rinse off the shampoo with cold water (rather the coldest water you can stand). Cold water will make your hair more shiny (you need to rinse off de conditioner with warm water though.) Also use a deeper conditioner once a week instead of your other conditioner.
Dry your hair carefully with a towel and just easily "hug" your hair. Dont go crazy wave
Don't brush trough wet hair, wait until it's dry.
Avoid heat and use a heat-protecting spray if you need to use the hairdryer, iron or something.

That should help you at least a little Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiika

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:33 am

And yeah, a great tip is to sleep with braided hair, but avoid the metal thing. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hana_chan

PostSubject: Hair tips   Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Here are some tips for achieving and keeping nice sleek, shiny hair (it works well for me so I hope it helps!)

- Wash you every other day or every third day if you can! (invest in a good bottle of dry shampoo)
- Avoid elastic hair ties, harsh combs/brushes, tight ponytails or tight hairstyles etc (use fibre coated hair ties and don't tie them too tight!)
- Use a shampoo/conditioner suited for your hair type (shop around and ask for reccommendations)
- Only use a small amount [2euro coin size] of shampoo and a palm sized amount of conditioner. Leave the conditioner to work its magic in your hair for 3-5minutes [while waiting you could; sing a song, apply a quick face mask, comb the conditioner through your hair over and over, do a body scrub etc.], the longer the better! (I love the Aussie 3minute miracle conditioner)
- Apply a hair mask at least once a week! [use conditioner if you don't have a mask] Let it soak into damp hair [wet your hair over a sink], comb it through your hair gently and put on a shower cap.
*Note* never apply conditioner directly to the roots as it makes your hair get greasy very quickly!
- Remember that freshly washed hair is fragile and you can break it easily so towel dry it lightly and let it dry naturally if you can. If, however, you need to dry quickly for whatever reason use a good heat protector spray and a low heat setting on your hairdryer.
- To get a quick shine boost, blast your hair with the cool setting on you hairdryer to set your style, increase shine and also add volume.
- If you have knotty hair, don't break the hair by dragging the brush through it but instead isolate it, if you can work it out with your fingers or if it's really big and bad apply conditioner directly to it and it should become easier to work out!
- Have a spa day once a week! If you can't bare to not use your GHD, curler, blow dryer etc. then make sure you apologise to you hair properly by treating it to a deep moisturising mask and while your at it treat your skin too!
- If you dye you hair [like me!] then remoisturising your hair is essential. Another thing is not to re-dye it a lot! Dye the roots, and if you are thinking of changing colour, again treat you hair!
- If you can avoid heated tools because it will damage you hair!
- Use clip-in extensions if you can because woven or glued ones will make you hair brittle.
- Over-colouring you hair can make you go bald (I am not joking!) sobe careful and choose bleach/amonia free dyes where possible!
- Trim your hair! It won't make it grow quicker but it will make your hair look pretty!

I hope this helps you!! Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KaoriValentina

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:45 pm

In my experience (I've been doing my own and my friend's and family's hair for years, very recently got extensions myself) it depends exactly what your hair has done.
For thirsty hair, ie; dry, brittle. Use a conditioning treatment for Afro-Caribbean hair.

Go for treatments, ones that you use once or twice a week. If you do it everyday your hair will gain too much moister.
I highly recommend www.theshampooshop.co.uk they sell salon things at affordable prices.

Also. If you want extensions. Go for glue in tracks. Little more money and time consuming but it's worth it.
Clip In's will screw up your hair badly. Believe me -.- plus they start hurting after a few hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissXoXo

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:16 am

I get regular hair trims so the ends of my hair do not get hard from split ends.
I also use a really good conditioner, conditioner is really really important if you want soft hair.
Also I only wash my hair once a week, washing it more often removes natural oils and dries hair out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://candilandxoxo.webs.com/
VuJiE

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:00 am

my hair is getting better now!!! i seriously follow all of your advices and my friends start asking me why my hair less dry already. God I'm happy! Thank you gorgeous! Kiss-kiss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you keep your hair smooth and shiny?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1