Here are some tips for achieving and keeping nice sleek, shiny hair (it works well for me so I hope it helps!)
- Wash you every other day or every third day if you can! (invest in a good bottle of dry shampoo)
- Avoid elastic hair ties, harsh combs/brushes, tight ponytails or tight hairstyles etc (use fibre coated hair ties and don't tie them too tight!)
- Use a shampoo/conditioner suited for your hair type (shop around and ask for reccommendations)
- Only use a small amount [2euro coin size] of shampoo and a palm sized amount of conditioner. Leave the conditioner to work its magic in your hair for 3-5minutes [while waiting you could; sing a song, apply a quick face mask, comb the conditioner through your hair over and over, do a body scrub etc.], the longer the better! (I love the Aussie 3minute miracle conditioner)
- Apply a hair mask at least once a week! [use conditioner if you don't have a mask] Let it soak into damp hair [wet your hair over a sink], comb it through your hair gently and put on a shower cap.
*Note* never apply conditioner directly to the roots as it makes your hair get greasy very quickly!
- Remember that freshly washed hair is fragile and you can break it easily so towel dry it lightly and let it dry naturally if you can. If, however, you need to dry quickly for whatever reason use a good heat protector spray and a low heat setting on your hairdryer.
- To get a quick shine boost, blast your hair with the cool setting on you hairdryer to set your style, increase shine and also add volume.
- If you have knotty hair, don't break the hair by dragging the brush through it but instead isolate it, if you can work it out with your fingers or if it's really big and bad apply conditioner directly to it and it should become easier to work out!
- Have a spa day once a week! If you can't bare to not use your GHD, curler, blow dryer etc. then make sure you apologise to you hair properly by treating it to a deep moisturising mask and while your at it treat your skin too!
- If you dye you hair [like me!] then remoisturising your hair is essential. Another thing is not to re-dye it a lot! Dye the roots, and if you are thinking of changing colour, again treat you hair!
- If you can avoid heated tools because it will damage you hair!
- Use clip-in extensions if you can because woven or glued ones will make you hair brittle.
- Over-colouring you hair can make you go bald (I am not joking!) sobe careful and choose bleach/amonia free dyes where possible!
- Trim your hair! It won't make it grow quicker but it will make your hair look pretty!
I hope this helps you!!