Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

So...?:3
omnivore
30%
 30% [ 9 ]
flexitarian (occasionally eats meat but usually not)
23%
 23% [ 7 ]
pescetarian
30%
 30% [ 9 ]
vegetarian
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
vegan
7%
 7% [ 2 ]
other
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Kotohime

PostSubject: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Well I saw the pesce-vegetarian topic and I'm exactly like that but I thought since it's old, I'd just start it up again in general.Smile

So do you follow a diet due to health, ethical, environmental reasons?

How do you care (or not) about the environment and/or animal welfare in general, also about make-up products, how your clothes are made, organic food? Are you strict about products without animal testing and control which companies don't do them?

I'm interested in just seeing opinions here. Didn't put it into Health and Fitness since it's not really about keeping your body shape but more...general.^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mizukodomo14

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Mostly I follow a no meat diet cause A) My dad's a vegematerian xD
and b- it makes me feel heavy- all of my fat accumulates in my butt and my boobs- and both are big enough thank you very much Crying

I'm pretty environmentally conscious (ap enviro does that to you) but really, it's mostly cause it's easier to cook vegematarian (yes, I call it vegiematerian Razz)

not so many germs i have to worry about and what not :>

but I like to cook, so cooking meat has never been an issue for me too much- just my dad lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Teitei2.devianART.com
Lyiasha

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm a vegetarian (3 years) Thumbs up New emotes xD
I try to avoid using products that are tested on animals and I try to spread the word whenever possible.
I gained a bunch of weight when I stopped eating meat (I was a twig) but I feel healthier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
applesugar

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:50 pm

I've thought about becoming a vegetarian for only health reasons, but then I realized how bad I would miss fish. I love the taste.

Even though I eat meat, on the subject of animal rights I do eat organic/free range meat as much as I can. I try to make sure to use products that don't test on animals. While on the subject of the environment, I almost always buy my clothes from the thrift store. It's recycling, AND I am not supporting sweatshop labor. And it's really effing cheap. Wave (Gawd, i love these new emoticons)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kotohime

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Wow lots of different people here.:O No vegans yet though.

Lyiasha wrote:
I try to avoid using products that are tested on animals and I try to spread the word whenever possible.
I gained a bunch of weight when I stopped eating meat (I was a twig) but I feel healthier.

Yeah I don't necessarily think that cutting down on the meat makes you a lot healthier, at least not if you've never had a healthy life like me.^^ Soy/seitan is healthier than meat but I still eat a lot of sweets, a lot of chips and fries. Wave

And it's good if gals pay attention to where they buy things, especially because make-up is important.
I try to pay attention with make-up too and use hair products without silicone (sometimes I'll pick one that contains it but once in a while doesn't kill you, for the rest of the time I take natural products though).

applesugar wrote:
I've thought about becoming a vegetarian for only health reasons, but then I realized how bad I would miss fish. I love the taste.

Even though I eat meat, on the subject of animal rights I do eat organic/free range meat as much as I can. I try to make sure to use products that don't test on animals. While on the subject of the environment, I almost always buy my clothes from the thrift store. It's recycling, AND I am not supporting sweatshop labor. And it's really effing cheap. Wave (Gawd, i love these new emoticons)

Haha you're exactly like me, I tried vegetarianism but realized that I can't live without fish.xD Couldn't find enough reasons to stay that way so now I still eat fish but pay attention to where it's coming from and what kinds are ok.
Yeah I agree with you there, I think the most important is where you get your food, vegetables, fruits, meat,... If people can't live without meat then at least organic one is better than the lifestock industry.

Mizukodomo14 wrote:

What's a vegematerian?:O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
su-siu

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm a pescetarian, though I don't eat much fish anyways, but my dad doesn't like how hard it is to cook dinner so hes kinda made me ._.

Once I can move out I'll go all the way (Y) xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mizukodomo14

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Kotohime wrote:

Mizukodomo14 wrote:

What's a vegematerian?:O

My way of saying vegetarian- I used to say it when I was little, cause I didn't know how to say it for real, and it kinda stuck w/ me
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Teitei2.devianART.com
Lyiasha

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Kotohime wrote:

Lyiasha wrote:

Yeah I don't necessarily think that cutting down on the meat makes you a lot healthier, at least not if you've never had a healthy life like me.^^ Soy/seitan is healthier than meat but I still eat a lot of sweets, a lot of chips and fries. Wave

And it's good if gals pay attention to where they buy things, especially because make-up is important.
I try to pay attention with make-up too and use hair products without silicone (sometimes I'll pick one that contains it but once in a while doesn't kill you, for the rest of the time I take natural products though).

Well I may have gained weight because I was becoming a woman (I was 13 when I stopped eating meat) idk but idc either I know I feel good.I have nice stamina,regualar digestion,a pretty good complexion,And perfect vision since I stopped eating meat.No joke.But idk maybe I'm just strange. Meh 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Lyiasha wrote:
I was becoming a woman

At first I thought you meant an operation. XDD

Anyway. (:
I'm a pescetarian (OP might recognize me as the one that made the other thread). The only fish I like is sashimi tbh. SOMETIMES I like cooked salmon. But I barely EVER eat fish, like su-siu. Maybe once every other week. For me it was a major health leap. I have become so much more healthier, and more aware of the food going into my mouth. I lost an average of 15lbs. I was 165, now I am any weight from 147-150 (you know, good days, bad days).

Haha. I also have learned to love a lot of new foods, which is good. And not eating meat automatically rules out some horrible fast food places, you will forget McDonalds even exists (I sometimes go for some fries and the playground, though, it's horrible--I know, haha).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Kotohime wrote:

That's another choice all together.
Not eating sweets so much is another huge leap everyone should make.
I don't really like sweets, but when I have a craving, it's pretty strong.

I told myself that other foods were "sweets" and candies are "illegal." Haha.
It works pretty well, tbh.

My sweets became breads, rice, and nuts. (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyiasha

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:46 pm

appa wrote:
Lyiasha wrote:
I was becoming a woman

At first I thought you meant an operation. XDD

Anyway. (:
I'm a pescetarian (OP might recognize me as the one that made the other thread). The only fish I like is sashimi tbh. SOMETIMES I like cooked salmon. But I barely EVER eat fish, like su-siu. Maybe once every other week. For me it was a major health leap. I have become so much more healthier, and more aware of the food going into my mouth. I lost an average of 15lbs. I was 165, now I am any weight from 147-150 (you know, good days, bad days).

Haha. I also have learned to love a lot of new foods, which is good. And not eating meat automatically rules out some horrible fast food places, you will forget McDonalds even exists (I sometimes go for some fries and the playground, though, it's horrible--I know, haha).

Nope I was born this way lmao

I still eat at Taco Bell and Jack In The Box but that's about it.Everything else is usually home cooking with me.I'm just happy I know how to cook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
momo;

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Truthfully, I would love to become a vegetarian.
(Or at least a pescetarian just because I doo love me some sushi/sashami. ;D)
BUT, oddly enough, my mom won't let me. Crying
So when she cooks meat (which is basically EVERY night, because that woman is a meat-o-holic),
I generally shrink off into the next room or say I've already eaten. Tears

Sadly, she caught on to me though, so sometimes she actually forces me to sit with her as she watches me eat meat. >->
She says it's too.. unhealthy(?), or something to stop eating meat.
IDK, she's an odd woman (but I love her).
So anyway, for now, I still have the occasional partaking in meat.
I don't like it, but until I move out, I'm stuck.
Other than that, my family generally get's mainly organic and free range items from the grocery store.

On a side note: I don't eat fast food anymore. I used to be a HUGE fast food junky,
but since my change in diet, fast food is no longer appealing to me. Neither is candy tbh.
Which for me, is a HUGE leap in my diet. Because I used to base my diet on nothing but carbs and sugar/candy. Meh 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyiasha

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:57 pm

momo; wrote:
Truthfully, I would love to become a vegetarian.
(Or at least a pescetarian just because I doo love me some sushi/sashami. ;D)
BUT, oddly enough, my mom won't let me. Crying
So when she cooks meat (which is basically EVERY night, because that woman is a meat-o-holic),
I generally shrink off into the next room or say I've already eaten. Tears

Sadly, she caught on to me though, so sometimes she actually forces me to sit with her as she watches me eat meat. >->
She says it's too.. unhealthy(?), or something to stop eating meat.
IDK, she's an odd woman (but I love her).
So anyway, for now, I still have the occasional partaking in meat.
I don't like it, but until I move out, I'm stuck.
Other than that, my family generally get's mainly organic and free range items from the grocery store.

On a side note: I don't eat fast food anymore. I used to be a HUGE fast food junky,
but since my change in diet, fast food is no longer appealing to me. Neither is candy tbh.
Which for me, is a HUGE leap in my diet. Because I used to base my diet on nothing but carbs and sugar/candy. Meh 2
Just tell her how you can get protein from things other than meat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aya

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:18 am

I eat what I feel to be eating Smile So I guess I'm omnivore!

BUT With my poorly student salary, i'm not eating meat as much as I would nomally do. Meat is really expensive and I don't have the money most of the time.

Honestly, I'm not "missing" my meat-o-holic times. I eat much more vegetables, fish and beans. If you are not eating meat, you at least need to eat beans and a variety of proteins from other products.(that's what my nutritionist friend told me!)

I dislike fasfood. Not for the taste, but for the way it makes me feel after... I feel really weird, like if my body is telling that IT IS BAD for me!! Sooo I don't eat fast food alot... And I don't know why but when I'm eating a little too much sweets or candy... I start feeling really nauseous. So yeah loll It's the best thing to keep me away from it Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://keepitcute.tumblr.com/
siusiu

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:33 pm

I'm an omnivore, but recently I am not really craving meat as much as I used too. Like, before I started high school, I wanted to eat steak everyday!! But now I can barely bring myself to eat a piece of chicken, or whatever. It's not that I dislike meat, but I just find myself not really feeling like eating it. So I've been eating a lot more salads, etc recently. And I guess that's a good thing for me anyways!

But also, I found this out today. There was a study that took a bunch of women from China, and half of them maintained a regular Chinese soy and vegetable diet, while the other half began a North American diet. And it turns out that at the end of this study, the half that changed to the North American diet were 90% more likely to develop breast cancer than the people who maintained a soy and vegetable diet. Not saying I won't stop eating meat (at least not now), but that's kind of a scary fact isn't it?

Back to my diet, lol, I eat fast food, but not too often. Only when I'm craving it or when I have no time for anything else. I just love french fries, and I eat pretty healthy most other times, so I don't feel guilty about treating myself every so often. But a weird thing for me is that I have almost NO cravings for candies or sweets anymore. I used to crave candy all the time, but now I hardly ever want it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zerda

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:50 am

I would say omni, but i've been skipping the meat for a while now. I don't know why, I guess it just doesn't taste as good as it used to. So i'm going for flexitarian!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.lykkesitron.blogspot.com
su-siu

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:59 pm

siusiu wrote:
I'm an omnivore, but recently I am not really craving meat as much as I used too.

I'm pretty sure my face just went like this Horrified
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:47 pm

su-siu wrote:
siusiu wrote:
I'm an omnivore, but recently I am not really craving meat as much as I used too.

I'm pretty sure my face just went like this Horrified
Hahahahahaha. I could just imagine that expression irl. Oh, how hilarious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
farawayorbit

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:15 am

I was vegetarian until month ago. Now I'm pescatarian but only because of my health. I'm not a very good example. Since I was vegetarian for almost a year I lost so much weight and I didn't really eat much. Now I see it wasn't the right thing to do. I avoid using products that test or animals and I feel that it's so wrong. Besides my health problems I do feel healthier than before and I would never go back to eating meat. Simply,I don't like the taste of it and it feels just wrong to me. I do feel bad for eating fish but not that much. I'm getting used to it now. But there is one thing that upsets me, well actually two. First one is how some vegetarians/vegans eat a lot of sweets and then they're obese. Second is how some of them don't know anything and all they eat is potatoes,rice and bread with some cheap topping. Furious
Oh and that rumor about B12 vitamin? It's a complete lie. If you eat the right foods you won't have problem with it. There are a lot of things that are rich in this vitamin. Not as much as meat but they have enough amount for you.
Bow
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://farawayorbit.tumblr.com
IceCream

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 am

im pescatarian since my 15s, now im 17 almost 18 Happy
i want to become vegetarian (the type that doesnt eat eggs as well), but only when I enter university, I think im still to young to become "full" vegetarian. im pescatarian cause I dont like meat especially when is pink inside or when it has blood inside, its gross Dissapointed it almost makes me throw up Cry i cant cook meat or anything that has got blood inside, there is no blood in dry fish.

i also avoid products that are tested on animals and i care about the environment, I try to do my best to protect it 8I do recycling, I dont use sprays). im fond of natural products just like skincare products, shampoo etc. i also have my own bio garden on my balcony (mostly vegetables), it tastes much better than the ones that we can find in supermarket Happy
im volunteering to a organization that takes care of the environment, they do forest cleaning, they give lectures about environment as well Happy I hope i can enter in this organization.

I like sweets a lot Blush so im not going to become vegan (I do my own cakes).

I dont feel any desire to eat meat, i have become much healthy than before and my doctor told me it was ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
poppi.san

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:27 am

I'm a avegetarian for a year and a half =)! And it was much easier than I though, since all I was eating before was just chicken anyway, so it was easy to give up everything ^^. I have lost a lot of weight since... some of it was normal, others is because i stoped eating much (does anyone get a weird sensation of being bored of eating? XD...).
Luckly there are plenty of quick foods you can microave that are vegetarian, like the quorn stuff, and it's so tasty too Very Happy.

My family didn't understand at first, and they even tryed to make me eat meat, thinking it was a phase, but meat was making me feel unwell, giving me belly aches and nausea, so I had to fight through them a bit to get "my way" =p... worked out fine ^^!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jocreations.co.nr
Yua

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:26 am

I just don't like the taste of meat.

My mum is a horrible cook, and when she prepared meat it was like chewing on a piece of cloth. Horrified
So, I've always preferred fish and vegetarian stuff. It's yummier! x3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TiesOfAffection.blogspot.com
poppi.san

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:40 pm

I totally agree veggie stuff is yummier Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jocreations.co.nr
Yua

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Ikr!
I can't believe people try to convince me of how delicious bacon is, I TASTED IT it's gross. Just oily and clothey. ...Ew -shudders-
And the best pizza is tuna pizzaaaaaa. Or The spinach one, hmmm. Makes me wanna go get some, but it's 5 am so I shouldn't be eating. (*~w~)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TiesOfAffection.blogspot.com
RedMary

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:44 pm

I've been vegan since 2008.
I don't have any issue with getting enough vitamins. I dont eat fast food or anything with a slew of words I can't pronounce. I actually weigh more now than before going vegan. My skin looks amazing and doesn't break out like it used to. Also, I rarely get sick now- only once since going vegan. I love the way my body feels now, I feel better now than I did ten years ago!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)   

Back to top Go down

Eating Habits (vegetarian, omni, etc.)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next