Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

how to keep bangs/fringe straight??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Umi

PostSubject: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Well, I have a bit of a problem... Tears
I have naturally curly hair, which everybody says they want to have.. but they really don't! haha Very Happy
Anyways, I have a fringe, first because I want one but also because I have a pretty massive forhead.. and I like to cover it up, hahaa Thumbs up
I'm not sure if its my hair staitners or anything, but my hair always curls itself after I've straigtned it, and I don't mind it with the rest of my hair, but a curly fringe.. I probably can't pull that off!
So, gals, I need your help! How can I make sure my fringe stays straight aall day long? haha Thumbs up xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://peachesxandxcream.blogspot.com
Hiika

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:02 am

Do you use hairspray? ^^ Cause that should work.
Or else you could maybe invest a spray that you apply before you straighten your hair that makes it more straight (<- haha, don't know if I'm explaining this well right now xD) Like this for example

Hot Straight Spray from Loréal Paris ~~★

I'm not expert at this subject, so sorry for confusing you wave
I hope you finds a way to keep your fringe straight Wave I could actually have a little help from these kind of tips to, cause I almost have the same problem, haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bommiie

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:33 am

Hey~
I also have curly hair so I know how it feels, even though at the moment I did something like a permanent to keep my hair very straight, so no more curly hair for now.
But try a hair spray to protect your hair from the heat and to make it last long like Hiika said.
I heard Fits Sexy Girl Styling Water Salon Straight is very good, I've been wanting to try it.

About your bangs, I don't know how to explain by text but with the iron just straight it towards the front it will look weird but it's ok, cause next you should do it again but curving the iron down. It's really hard to explain it here sorry TT

Also maybe using hair spray(not the same from above, I mean hair spray to keep hairdos) to keep your hair straight for longer after using the iron may help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 am

I have extremely curly hair so I can sympathise with your problem. My fringe barely curls anymore, because of the many years of wearing it straight, so of course this helps keep it straight throughout the day. However my number one recommendation for stopping a curly fringe from curling back is to blowdry it straight in the first place the night before, then straighten it in the morning.

If you make it bone-dry before you sleep, it shouldn't be able to curl significantly again in the night and then the straightening in the morning should be the "killing blow" so to speak. Then just a light mist of hairspray (although be careful to not use too much, nobody wants a crusty fringe and if your hair is rebellious enough the slightest hint of moisture could have it curling again) to help it hold and you're on your way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tirin

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 am

Ah I have curly hair too! :'D I always straighten my bangs and then use lots of hairspray to keep it straight during the day. It does stay straight that way unless it's really rainy outdoors, then even hairspray and stuff won't work xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beautybytirin.blogspot.com/
azngf

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:16 pm

Does hairspray really work for anyone here?
When I use it, my makes my hair stiff, dull, dry, and starts to create a "dandruff effect."
I finally learned that I don't need hairspray. Thank goodness.
Now, I have 4 spray-bottles/cans in the bathroom, that are barely used. What to do, what to do... haha Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiika

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:09 am

My hair is actually the same ^^ But I still suggest it for others, because I know it works for most people.
But for me, it's not that great, I don't know if it's my hairspray or what, but my hair also gets really like stiff and dry, almost a little... sticky.. aswell. :S
But I still use it some times though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umi

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Awwh, well thankyou everybody! It's really started to make a difference following evrybodies advice Wave I have different hair straightners that my sister gave to me, and I always make sure I blowdry it bone dry before I sleep or straighten it! Also, I never really used hairspary before, it just sort of sat in a can in my room, but I've tried to use it more often and it really works much better! I don't have to hide my hair whenever I go out now, haha Thumbs up
Thankyou again everyone, your advice has really helped! Very Happy Very Happy xoxo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://peachesxandxcream.blogspot.com
sasori

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:44 am

Hm straighten it to death LOL. Maybe also use shampoo + conditioner for straight hair?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iluvpinkglitter

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:35 am

Has anyone ever tried fake bangs? Many celebs use them Ive seen some at Claires accessories and Im tempted to buy some as my hair is naturally curly too. I only hope they dont come off easily .. like Ill be walking in the street or talking to someone and my bangs fall off =(( that would be embarrassing !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.iluvpinkglitter.blogspot.com
Rie

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:27 am

I don't really know about fake bangs... how can you even attach them so that someone can't see they're fake? O.O
I have curly/wavy hair too and my bangs used to be extremely curly as well, however when I grew them out few years ago they straightened itself, lol. I cut them after that and well I still have wavy ends in bangs so they look like this http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7Js6mOjdl1Y/Stfcr6ZW2AI/AAAAAAAADJ4/Gdah7alqE98/s400/eki+kumiki+look+2.jpg but wavy end bangs are cute too, in my opinion if you can't get them totally straight~ ^^
OR of course a gyaru can be bangless... unless the big forehead problem (I have it too Crying )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to keep bangs/fringe straight??   

Back to top Go down

how to keep bangs/fringe straight??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1