Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pixieromamba91

PostSubject: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:49 pm

Ok, so I don't know if this is too personal or not, but I just wanted to know some people's opinions on this issue. So recently, I have been hearing somethings about me. More bashing than anything, and usually I'm not a person who is effected by slander too much because 1. They are people who don't know me, and they are just saying things over the internet.

I know I am not the best Gyaru out there but I try my hardest to do my best. I was never very good with make-up but I continue to live in the Gyaru lifestyle because it something I love to do, but my question is, if you have been at Gyaru for a long time, and you still don't feel like you're the best, should you quit or keep trying?

I'm not really trying to get personal here, this is just a question that came up in my mind after browsing through Gyaru Secrets one day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000004810839
pomponette

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:44 am

must continue! You're getting better still
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://quennoftheglitter.blogspot.com/
Tirin

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Keep on trying! I mean if it's something you love, why listen to girls with no better to do than complain about strangers over the internet?? You're way above them! Plus there's not really a specific way gyaru should look, if you think about it.. All the famous gyaru do their makeup different ways and as long as you keep looking "special" (stand out in a crowd, and such), you're doing it right Smile well of course you have to have falsies, and all the other critera for being gyaru, but who are they to judge? You have your unique style and you're constantly improving (as we all do), there's no reason you should stop doing what you love! - especially not because of some random girl(s) with no self-esteem!

I've been bashed on at Gal secrets as well before, but i'm not going to stop being me just because some random girls over the internet (probably on the other side of the planet) don't like it! Couldn't care less xD They always have to find soooomething to complain about with every girl that is getting a bit of attention. It's so obvious it's jealousy, whatever they say. not necessarily of the other girl's looks, but of the attention they get and perhaps the person's self-esteem, etc. They thought I looked like a bitch who had gotten a boob-job just because I'm confident with being sexy, lol. I get a lot of positive response about my style though, and that's what I listen to! I know it can be hard, but you should always focus on the positive things! ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beautybytirin.blogspot.com/
PinkuGyaru

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:53 pm

no no! your BEAUTIFUL! Who says your not a good gal?? That lame site gal_secrets?? They aren't even comfortable enough to put those post up without being anonymous.

Who says they know everything about gyaru and do it perfectly? If they were that good at being gyaru themselves then they wouldn't need to bash other people to make themselves feel superior.

I say avoid gyaru secrets all together. It's garbage. All the girls they put down are beautiful gyaru.

Unless they CREATED the style, they have no right to judge anyone. Your beautiful! Your a star. Most importantly you have the sweetest personality I've ever met!

I just had a pic of mine thrown up on that site and i was like "meh, i don't know you so who cares". Sure it was still annoying but I'm not going to let it effect me and give up gyaru over it.

Those are the girls who haven't matured passed calling people "fat" and "ugly". Don't let their stupidity dictate what you are. Your a wonderful gyaru. I bet all the girls on their wouldn't have the guts to say it to your face. Your perfect sweetie. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chertel

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:49 pm

well if you give up now then you'll never get better! everyone was a newbie at some time in life.

just keep trying!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miyo3

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:58 pm

It sounds silly to me for you to give up just because you or someone else thinks you're not "the best".
No one starts off being the best. We all learn how to become better, little by little, through trial and error.
Besides, what's "the best" look like anyway? Isn't style supposed to be about self-expression and catering to your best features? In that sense, "the best" will vary time and time again.
From what I've read, it sounds like you really love what you do. Personally, I don't think you should give up on it just because a few people are being negative and nonconstructive towards you.

Keep on being the wonderful gal you are~ ♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:43 pm

My opinion is that no, you should never give up something you love just because someone starts giving you a hard time or says hurtful things about you. However, don't use the old clichéd excuse of "Oh, they're only saying that because they're jealous" as it probably isn't true. The fact of the matter is they probably don't care about you either way at all, which is exactly why they've started to pick on you.

My advice to anyone in this situation would be to take what they say and use it to turn yourself into something better for yourself. Comments insulting your looks just for the sake of insulting them - for example, the words ugly, fat etc - can all be discarded immediately, they are irrelevant to you. But comments about something specific such as your hair or the way you do your make-up, even if they are insulting, should be looked into. Even though the way they said it was cruel, do they actually have a basis in fact?

Even though they're insulting, their observations may be insightful and you could learn a thing or two from them. And then what? You've taken the words they used to insult you with and improved yourself with them. That's every bit a kick in the teeth for them as it is a huge pat on the back for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aya

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:20 am

LOL Gal secret is CRAAAAAAAp.

I just saw something about Tirin being fat. WHAT THE F?

This is bullshit. Seriously don't listen to them. They are jealous bitches.

Keep doing what you love to do. Don't let the other tell you what to do. And you will improve in time!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://keepitcute.tumblr.com/
Tirin

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Fri May 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Aya wrote:
LOL Gal secret is CRAAAAAAAp.

I just saw something about Tirin being fat. WHAT THE F?

This is bullshit. Seriously don't listen to them. They are jealous bitches.

Keep doing what you love to do. Don't let the other tell you what to do. And you will improve in time!!

Wait what?? ME fat? xD I weigh 50kg and I'm 169cm tall. If I'm fat then they (or well the person writing that) must be either some kind of anorexia-skeletons or from a different planet, LOL.
Back to top Go down
ichigoo112

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:11 pm

i've seen a little bit of the site gyaru secrets but i still dont get it. who writes all of that? Panicked idk it just seems to me that we as (in my opinion) the nice people should try to be nice to them. i mean, if theyre saying all of those mean things it means theyre insecure rite? so although they shouldnt say that stuff cuz its just wrong and hurtful, we should try our best to be and not be intimidated by them. i feel we should tell them when theyre being stupid and mean, but make sure they know that it's ok to be insecure, but they shouldnt take it out on someone else. maybe if we shine through like how princesses in stories are always kind and courageous, they will stop posting such mean stuff. i feel the style of gyaru fits the kind princesses so well anyway. please tell me if you disagree cuz i'm probably wrong Angry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tirin

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:35 am

ichigoo112 wrote:
i've seen a little bit of the site gyaru secrets but i still dont get it. who writes all of that? Panicked idk it just seems to me that we as (in my opinion) the nice people should try to be nice to them. i mean, if theyre saying all of those mean things it means theyre insecure rite? so although they shouldnt say that stuff cuz its just wrong and hurtful, we should try our best to be and not be intimidated by them. i feel we should tell them when theyre being stupid and mean, but make sure they know that it's ok to be insecure, but they shouldnt take it out on someone else. maybe if we shine through like how princesses in stories are always kind and courageous, they will stop posting such mean stuff. i feel the style of gyaru fits the kind princesses so well anyway. please tell me if you disagree cuz i'm probably wrong Angry

I honestly don't think being nice to them would help. They are mean people, and therefore wouldn't care if we try to be "friends" with them. Just because you are insecure doesn't give you the right to say hurtful things to/about others. I used to be pretty insecure, but I was always nice to people, which made them nice to me too, and i became much more confident because people liked me.

They need to learn that no one will like them until they change! Of course we shouldn't trash them back (we are above that), we could just simply ignore them.. But really, if they are nice, people will be nice back, and everyone will be happy! Like they say "Happiness is a perfume that you can't spray on others without getting a few drops on yourself". Wink
Back to top Go down
petitefeet

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:47 pm

If you love it, do what you do.

Don't worry about someone you've never even met criticizing you for something. They don't know you, nor do they walk in your shoes, so they have no room to judge you and your actions.

As long as you're happy, who cares what they have to say?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chocolatetrout.blogspot.com
HannieAX8

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 am

You must continue! If you're not the best, you must practice until you become better and better ! Thumbs up
Keep the spirit ! n_n
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?   

Back to top Go down

When You're Not So Good Do You Give Up?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1