Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Questions regarding lenses and false eyelash irritation.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SullenMay

PostSubject: Questions regarding lenses and false eyelash irritation.   Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:24 pm

I really need advice. Sad

I'm coming into some problems..

Lashes-I've noticed my lid--near my lash is getting irritatated. The ends of the fake lashes are causind the irritation it it's quite painful. They're like, pressing into my skin and it's getting raw. Is there any way to avoid this?

Lenses-I want pink/violet/gray. I want 14.0mm. But I don't want to cover my eyes, I want something a big bigger. Does 14.0mm do that or is that normal iris size? And if I buy mutiple lenses I need to invest in mutiple cases to hold them in, correct? Is there a better brand of lenses? Plus I want a pair that'll have a 1yr lifespan.

Ohh~~ I don't know what I'm doing. Sad( I just threw myself into a pool of lenses and I don't wanna screw myself. I have no knowlage in lenses.. Price or quality..or anything. I just know the colours I want...

Makeup-I look a blotchy horrid mess at the end of the day.
Routine::
1> wash
2> lotion
3> wait 5 min
4> foundation
5> concealer
6> powder
7> eye primer
8> eyeshadow
9> eyebrow filler
10> liner
11> contour face
12> lash application
13> mascar
14> curl lashes
15> powder blush
16> cream blush

Then I do my hair however I do it.

Should I be changing my routine? Use les products? Change my order of application? Apply more products?

Then again it's really hot and humid and that might have something to do with it.. :/

Boots are out of season, can't find a nice pair of boots. Any other foot wear that will compliment the style? I love gladiators with giant gems and neon flip flops. I have tons.. haha ROXY is my favorite brand.

Well..yeah. That's all at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sullenmay.blogspot.com/
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding lenses and false eyelash irritation.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:32 am

For lenses, I go to pinkyparadise.com. 14mm is much larger than your iris, so no worries on that part. However, these are going to be your first lenses, correct? Try buying one pair, rather than multiple at first. Lenses are a cute way to add a more doll-like feel, but you don't need more than one pair in any given day. So start off with one pair and see if you like it, or if you'd want them larger or made by a different company.

As for your lashes, I would suggest using a different eyelash glue and better quality lashes. This problem shouldn't happen unless you are allergic to the glue. So for now, I would try a different glue, and if it continues to happen, try switching the lashes~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding lenses and false eyelash irritation.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:15 pm

SullenMay wrote:
Lashes-I've noticed my lid--near my lash is getting irritatated. The ends of the fake lashes are causing the irritation it it's quite painful. They're like, pressing into my skin and it's getting raw. Is there any way to avoid this?
How stiff are the lashes you're using? I've tried out a fair few brands of lashes, and found some have very stiff lashbones (no idea what else to call them) that just do not bend around the eyelid well, and cause me great irritation by jabbing the skin on my eyelid until I simply have to remove them.

Other brands, with a more flexible lashbone, give me a much easier time wearing them and its not long before you completely forget about them. So my advice would be to just shop around and see if the lashes you're using are comparatively stiff when compared to others. Also follow Ahn ne's advice and switch glues to rule any allergy out.

However, before you start experimenting, stop wearing lashes for awhile and let the irritation fade and any damage done to your skin heal. The eye is very sensitive and if you keep putting foreign objects on irritated skin it doesn't matter what initially caused it; anything else you do will just further your problem.

As for making make-up last, seriously just top-up throughout the day. Once is usually enough but with humidity you might have to do more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dtan0914

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding lenses and false eyelash irritation.   Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:55 pm

For the lashes it usually happens for really stiff ones, I know that because it happens a little bit to me too. You can either cut off a little bit at the length to make it fit without irritating you (don't do it from the beginning of the lashes or you'll ruin the fit of them) or get a new glue like someone suggested. You also need to make sure you're using your glue correctly, like if you're waiting for it to dry enough before applying them.

Lenses I would start out with 14mm to ease into them. It should cover up your eye and a little bit more, while still looking somewhat natural. Personally I recommend EOS and Dueba lenses for the best comfort. For recommendations, I would go for EOS's Adult series and Flower series for people just starting to wear circle lenses. You can get both from Pinkyparadise.com and use code 'dtan0914' for free gifts Very Happy Make sure you also get a prescription from an optometrist for what prescription you need as well~

For your makeup routine I would use face primer instead of lotion and curl and put mascara on your eyes before putting on the fake lashes. I'd also recommend a makeup lasting spray (like the ones from Urban Decay) as well to prolong your face makeup (do this before you put your eye makeup on). If you get a lasting spray you'd have to move the contouring and blush steps before doing your eye makeup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dtan0914.blogspot.com
SullenMay

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding lenses and false eyelash irritation.   Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:54 pm

The pair of lash I was wearing did have a stiff.. lash line? Most of the ones I use are clear band and they cause no irritation. I accidently slept with a pare of lashes on.. The looked untouched the next day! Just some minor glue applicant on the outer ends. I actually did it on purpouse the 2nd night. Felt wonderful and they're still in great condition. I just had to do some heavy-duty make removal so I just took em' off. They wern't too expensive so I don't mind testing how long I can keep em on (ehile being clean) before I have to remote/trash em.

I actually have 2 new pairs of lashes.

I did buy a cute pair at the dollar store just to see if they would work-- the second I removed them the lashes went all sidewayse. Sad

lenses: I am SO getting viloet/pink. Probably next friday I will order some. Whats good lense solution?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sullenmay.blogspot.com/
dtan0914

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding lenses and false eyelash irritation.   Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:20 pm

I personally like Target's store brand (up & up), it's super cheap at around $4.50 for 2 bottles and I find that it's better than Renu (which I used to use).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dtan0914.blogspot.com

Questions regarding lenses and false eyelash irritation.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forever Gyaru ::  ::  :: -