Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Do women have more diversity in fashion than men do ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
collapsing_cake

PostSubject: Do women have more diversity in fashion than men do ??   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:17 am

I'm on a few blogs/forums and I can't help but noticing that there are always more female members.
Do you think that women have more choices available in fashion than men do ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shop.ebay.co.uk/thebluetoffee/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do women have more diversity in fashion than men do ??   Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Go down any normal high-street and you will see countless shops for women and only a few for men. In my town there are four clothes shops not counting small independent businesses; all are women's clothing stores and only two have a men's section. Both are on the second floor and well under half the size of the women's downstairs. This trend is mimicked almost everywhere I go, and while it's not as bad in large cities, men are still under represented on the high-street.

I think men do have less choice in what fashions they can wear, and certainly in where they can actually shop. Then of course there's the whole specific sex-related garments which men can't acceptably wear in our society. A woman can wear dresses, skirts, shorts and trousers and it is all considered normal. A man could never get away with wearing a dress or a skirt, so already that's their possible choices halved.

My boyfriend is very fashion conscious and often complains to me that it's harder for him to find clothes he wants in comparison to me. I can waltz into pretty much any clothing store (including a man's!) and walk out with something acceptable. He can't. He gets around it though by customising a lot of his own clothes and adding to plain garments or ordering from overseas, but the fact that he has to do that at all when women don't need to is unfair.

However I do find that a lot of men don't invest as much time or effort into their clothing choices as women do. Even though I'd recognise my boyfriend as being fashion conscious, my wardrobe is easily four times bigger than his. This could perhaps be a contributing factor to less men being present on fashion forums. Stereotypically, it is a dominantly female domain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Do women have more diversity in fashion than men do ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1