Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BommieDollie

PostSubject: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm just wondering, cause the most popular seem sandy browns and blondes, and browns
but is black acceptable?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:13 pm

I have black hair and was wondering the same thing, but it seems that recently, more black haired gals are becoming popular. There is even a whole 2 double pages in Popteen's July 2011 Issue about black haired gals so I guess it's fine Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phantom_

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:28 pm

I think it's fine, but in doing so, you'll have to emphasize the face (especially eyes and eye makeup), and have nice coords.

Usually, gyaru with dark hair, look great with lighter coloured circle lenses
Kie (Edge-S)

Sayoko with Darker hair:

I forgot her name DX

But yeah, it's best with lighter circle lenses, really really good makeup that suits your eye shape, and styled hair at least o.o Adding some color to your hair in the form of scarves, feather extensions, etc etc also helps o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissXoXo

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:48 pm

I think it's very gyaru still Smile
they look just as beautiful with dark hair
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://candilandxoxo.webs.com/
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:52 am

As the others have already shown you, black is a perfectly acceptable hair colour for this style. I imagine any colour is so long as it's styled correctly. You might, however, find it harder to really get your gyaru look down with it though. You have to have exceptional make-up and styling to look gyaru, at least from what I have seen in the Western comms. It's almost like dying your hair blonde is a shortcut to gyaru, because so many associate big, blonde curls with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:40 am

I having also Black hair Wave

Ta-daa Wave

But I have few highlights in my hair and today I coloured 'em blue... I hope my hair will look better then... I'm posting 'bout it to my blog today...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://piecesofkiwi.blogspot.com
Tirin

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Kiwi wrote:
I having also Black hair Wave

Ta-daa Wave

But I have few highlights in my hair and today I coloured 'em blue... I hope my hair will look better then... I'm posting 'bout it to my blog today...

Ooooo i love your nails! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beautybytirin.blogspot.com/
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:28 am

Thanks Tirin! Ps. Ur blog is awesome wave Nails are ViVi ^_____^~ so they're fake ones lol Oh please

I first felt ugly having black hair, because I wear so much black and I felt like I was black all-over, but then I just changed my dressing style a little, adding colorful accessories and using bright-colored tops, and my hair started to look much better! I had before many different colors (red, orange, blondish, brown, light-orange, even green and ofc stripes...... etc) but still the black suits me best. I think it's always 'bout how u dress up - I love to use hair accessories a lot, such as bows an mini-crowns wave

I'm proud black-haired gal! (now with cute blue highlights) Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://piecesofkiwi.blogspot.com
snatzn

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:12 pm

I dyed my hair yesterday. I worried about it becouse I thougt that black hair is not THAT gyaru. Panicked
Now I found this Thread and becalmed Wave

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/snatzn
KaoriValentina

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:59 pm

it's fine ^^ I have black hair also and i'm planing on doing a split dye (one side black and one side Blue/Pink)
Aslong as it's styled correctly, it's fine ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lila

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:42 am

Black... In my opinion. Brown hair looks much hmm subtly.
But in fact, natural color of asians is black Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hellokittyluv

PostSubject: I have black hair   Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Meh 2 Meh 2 Meh 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?   

Back to top Go down

Is it okay for gyaru to have black hair?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1