Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Any of you gals get strange looks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rin-kun

PostSubject: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:14 pm

So I was wondering if you gals get weird looks when you walk down the street?
Whether it be from admiration, disgust, curioisty whatever...
Do you get people staring? I know it depends heavily on your country and the extremity of your gyaru style, but i'd still like to know xD

As for me, in london i don't get that many stares, but then again i am not extreme gyaru or remotely gyaru enough to be recognised as one.
In the country I am currently in (Which is not engalnd xD) I do get a lot of stares/ I think this is because i dress in a way which is japanese inspired and people aren't used to that O_O

(Omg the other day, one man was staring so much, he was walkign in front of me, looking behind at me, and nearly bumped into a whole big box of eggs!! xDDD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pink♥Dolly♥

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Haha I get this ^^ It's why I'm so shy why it comes to my style because I understand that there are people who are not so accepting. I know at college if I go full on I get a few stares but it's not too bad because I'm training to be a beauty therapist there are a lot of other girls expressing their beauty so I've seen girls with more "unusual" style than me. In central london no one really cares because there are all kinds of crazy styles, I saw a guy with a typewriter around his neck a couple of days ago O_O I try not to care about what people think anyway, it's my life, my choice and I'll only see those people for like a second anyway, I know they're just jealous Wink Still I do dress down if I'm going to the super market or something haha Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rin-kun

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Pink♥Dolly♥ wrote:
Haha I get this ^^ It's why I'm so shy why it comes to my style because I understand that there are people who are not so accepting. I know at college if I go full on I get a few stares but it's not too bad because I'm training to be a beauty therapist there are a lot of other girls expressing their beauty so I've seen girls with more "unusual" style than me. In central london no one really cares because there are all kinds of crazy styles, I saw a guy with a typewriter around his neck a couple of days ago O_O I try not to care about what people think anyway, it's my life, my choice and I'll only see those people for like a second anyway, I know they're just jealous Wink Still I do dress down if I'm going to the super market or something haha Razz

Haha yeah i know what you mean, and woah thats strange! Yeah in central london, esp around chinatown its a bit like being in harajuku sometimes, (well....semi close to it anyways xD close as england will get) ehhh~ i understand you shouldnt stop being whatevre style you are into because people are staring but i understand also that what other people think of you WILL get to you so yeah, its hard xDD

yeah of course O_O when i go to the supermarket or to the post office or whatever, i'll dress "normally" xDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:00 am

Here in Finland I get looks where-ever I go, but you get used to it! In Finland ppl are already really shy and try to avoid everything "different", they don't want to "confuse people". Once I visited supermarket to buy just groceries one little girl said to her mama: "look mom, that girl looks like an anime character", it was quite funny until her mom started to stare at me eh... she looked me like "I wish my daughter would never look like that" Meh It's so hilarious in here. I lived in bigger city before where I didn't get so many "looks", but here, where I live now is quite small and everyone knows everybody, so I'm like a local sightseeing lol. A stranger. I'm just laughing at it wave

In Beijing people were more "open", and I used to be "big-eyed-american-girl" ("美国女人有大眼"), which was a huge courtesy. People had their own styles and anybody wasn't laughing or looking at weirdly. Girls in the subways was really jealous but never said anything rude, just came to say "you have nice hair" or so, just straightly told about what they was jealous, but prettily! I wonder why people in the North Europe are so shy and don't accept that people have different styles? I mean I haven't met never so open-minded people than in Beijing! Asians looks this kind of styles more open-minded than western people, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://piecesofkiwi.blogspot.com
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 am

I get harassed. It's annoying and can get intimidating at times, but I've come to accept it as an unfortunate fact of life. I don't even dress provocatively, and only wear short dresses when I go clubbing in a group (where I'm never bothered, woot!).

However all the harassment happens in towns, when I go to the city to visit my boyfriend I'm completely ignored. I think people in large conurbations are used to being in close contact with many people at all times, so they learn not to really "see" you. Towns and smaller though, the people are used to seeing people and paying attention, so its easier to spot something out of the norm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 am

Hikitty wrote:
I think people in large conurbations are used to being in close contact with many people at all times, so they learn not to really "see" you. Towns and smaller though, the people are used to seeing people and paying attention, so its easier to spot something out of the norm.

I agree! I think many ppl are little afraid of "difference" in small towns because they used to "their ways" Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://piecesofkiwi.blogspot.com
Pink♥Dolly♥

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Yes yes I'm aware of this, when I go to greece people are a bit like "what are you wearing?" or "your make up is very unusual" etc but I really don't care what they say, I've had some girls compliment it, I've had some make catty comments about how I'm "trying too hard to be japanese" but it's my choice and it makes me happy so that's all that matters to me. I'm very sorry you are getting harassed Hikitty, I hate it when people see it right to bother you just because you look different!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:20 am

Hey don't apologise -- you're not the one harassing me! haha It just annoys me how guys on the street see a girl they find attractive and decide that screaming their opinion about the girl's body at them is not only okay, but a compliment that should be graciously accepted. But it's not. It's humiliating and unwelcome. And aren't they furious if you ignore them; how dare I ignore their opinions of my body! Obviously I'm a frigid bitch who's actually hideously ugly. Funny how they 180 like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xSarahMizanin

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:41 am

I get SO many stares because of the blue in my hair now, lmfao.
And I was beeped at by a car full of guys a while back.. it was so embarrassing. ;___;

I live in such a small town I guess they've just never seen it before. It was worse when I was V-Kei - they'd call me an 'emo' or 'greebo' and I even had one girl try to spit on me once because I said something back to her. xD
It's a little unnerving and I do have confidence troubles, but I still go out wearing what I want because it's MY body and I'll do what I like with it. But it's funny how I can dress with so much confidence, however when it comes to meeting new people or any type of social situation I go all shy. :')
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gavriela

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 am

Since I live in Singapore I didnt get that stare to be honest, cuz here especially in town area many girls wear like ulzzang and gyaru.

But If I was in Indonesia..... let's said.... majority stares at me with a weird look! Furious to be honest probably the way I dress and the blonde wig is pretty much unacceptable, probably not unacceptable but they're not really familiar with that.... but I don't care, I enjoy my gyaru style. Oh please
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://silver-katze.blogspot.com
Hana_chan

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:33 pm

I get such harrassment by people on the street! They stare, sometimes stage whisper nasty comments etc.
It doesn't happen often so I don't mind as much, I do get a lot of people coming up to me asking why I'm dressed like that, some even ask for photos but I mainly just get stares and I've grown slightly oblivious to them now so it doesn't bother me anymore...
Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okajunichi

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:58 pm

hahaha.. i live in california.. san francisco and i dont get strange looks
but when i went to the philippines i got strange looks
im not even full gyaru.. im just semi-gyaru too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rizzuzu

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:00 am

I live on a small island in the middle of Norway where people dress very casually, so I do get some stares when I dress my best.. I am still in the 'beginner-phase' and I mostly just dress up in the weekends for now, because my job ain't really fit for gyaru.. But it's only 'till February..!
Anyway, I don't really mind the staring, because I love seeing peoples expressions x'D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aya

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:02 am

I usually have stares even if i'm not wearing gyaru stuff, but that's mostly because my hair is blond. I don't get as many stare when my hair is brown D: lolll
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://keepitcute.tumblr.com/
Tirin

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Aya wrote:
I usually have stares even if i'm not wearing gyaru stuff, but that's mostly because my hair is blond. I don't get as many stare when my hair is brown D: lolll

I get a lot of attention too, because I'm platinum blonde - even though I live in Sweden!! haha xD

but I think that people wouldn't be gyaru if they didn't like the attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beautybytirin.blogspot.com/
Aya

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Tirin wrote:
Aya wrote:

I get a lot of attention too, because I'm platinum blonde - even though I live in Sweden!! haha xD

Haha touché!! Smile We all love that attention don't we? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://keepitcute.tumblr.com/
Kotohime

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:41 am

Tirin wrote:

Haha this Thumbs up

I used to dress in other so-called "alternative" fashions before, though I never really understood the surprised looks

But it's the kind of comments that hurts, like when people make fun at the hair and make-up you spent HOURS doing Meh
or when they say something like "ewww gross", "look at the amount of make-up this girl wears!", "look at this slut"

That kind of stuff hurts Meh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yukarinn0207
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:43 pm

It depends on what type of gal I'm wearing.

If I'm wearing Agejo or something It's usually just those immature guys who make comments Angry

But If I'm doing something else it's usually those annoying little white girls who wear the stupid headbands around their bangs, hollister shirts, shorts and their stupid flip flops or ugs depending if it's cold outside LOL usually just snickers from those annoying girls. Furious

http://mixi.jp/show_profile.pl?id=16616292&from=navi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forever-gyaru.forumotion.com
hellokittyluv

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:56 pm

yukarinn0207 wrote:
It depends on what type of gal I'm wearing.

If I'm wearing Agejo or something It's usually just those immature guys who make comments Angry

But If I'm doing something else it's usually those annoying little white girls who wear the stupid headbands around their bangs, hollister shirts, shorts and their stupid flip flops or ugs depending if it's cold outside LOL usually just snickers from those annoying girls. Furious
oh my god same here they look at me and there like" you wear extensions and false eyelashes?"
and i say Oh please "its better then stuffing my bra"(cause they do)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:26 am

^I completely agree with you guys! I don't get it too often anymore, but when I first started being gyaru girls would give me death glares and say horrible things Question Others said things like it didn't match my personality or something because I'm pretty much known as that "quiet girl" but they didn't even know me in the first place. But oh well, I've learned to embrace myself and if my circle lens scare them then so be it!! Angry Gyaru Power! lol Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iammanydreams.blogspot.com/
Amy-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:33 am

I walked around with a friend, also gyaru. We cross some school kids there and one boy began to laugh and said to his friend “look at her (me), she have so big eyes”. Hrm. But it doesn’t matter, they were just 8 years old I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BommieDollie

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 am

Not really, although i don't know why it doesn't happen more often really. I got looks quite a lot and a beep from a car for wearing my suspender style tights once but that was it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lemonediscream

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Yeah, I've learned not to look at people. Very Happy If I wear lashes, some women look at me like a trash, some guys look at me like a.. hoe? Or something. I also get some kind looks from both genders, that's nice.
Once a girl in my school looked at me and said something like "eeewww gross" when I had heavier make up.. But I guess it can't be helped, people are people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://recordedbutterfly.blogspot.com
rin-kun

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:51 am

oh wow i never knew this was going to be so popular XDD
well, i for one, do get stares but i think thats more to do with the length of my hair.
Im not gyaru because i like the attention, im gyaru because i like the look XD
and im not even semi gyaru, im like gyaru-inspi XDDD
i think that in a way this is good, because if you lived in a place where there was all gyarus, you wouldn't feel so...gyaru? idk, you#d feel normal xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:43 am

I've also gotten stares from people but usually it's a quick glimpse and then they just forget what they saw.
Don't really care or mind ^^
Best times are when I'm in Central London with my other Gyaru friends and the looks we get are epic XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   

Back to top Go down

Any of you gals get strange looks?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next