Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Any of you gals get strange looks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yua

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:22 am

Tirin wrote:

but I think that people wouldn't be gyaru if they didn't like the attention.

^^^This.
I like standing out, I will admit, I can be shy about it, I get nervous, but I love it at the same time. It's weird lol. Sweat drop
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TiesOfAffection.blogspot.com
Nneka~Kawaii

PostSubject: weirdddd   Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:34 am

Panicked here in nc when i go out i get starez and i always feel very very paranoid becuz the ppl here are either haters or perverts or like normal just very curious about the style and then theres the ignorant ppl that has no life and its so bad to where they decide to laugh and pick only becuase they have nothing better to do Angry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yua

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Awww, c'mon girls!

Takes those looks as enforcement for how special and beautiful you are. Thumbs up
The bitches that go on about how much make up you wear are just envious of how you dare to put make-up on and they don't.
The guys that yell /whistle after you, KNOW you'd otherwise NEVER give them attention! So they act like that to get it.
And the old ones are just old and ignorant and are still stuck in their time of glory 100 years ago!

So girls, keep your head high and smile back at those glares and stares! Show how confident and beautiful you are! That's what gyaru is all about; being confident and not putting up with the crap of people and daring to be unique and not conformist to what real beauty is supposed to be according to boring people! Angry
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TiesOfAffection.blogspot.com
Gal-chan

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:08 pm

You are so inspiring Yua! I am so shy but I love Gyaru, and your words give me the courage to start my look anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YellowTreesAtMidnite

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Since I live in alaska...... styles like gyaru is outlandish and not really accepted! All of my friends though got used to it because im a Japan junkie and they know it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:37 am

Yeah, I've definitely got alot of them. I live in Singapore, and Singaporeans tend to stare alot at whatever thats not common. And most girls here just go out in tanktops, shorts, flipflops and thats it because the weather is so hot here. To be honest almost everytime, I don't know if its the problem with my hair/makeup etc. but yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ichigoo112

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Nneka~Kawaii wrote:
Panicked here in nc when i go out i get starez and i always feel very very paranoid becuz the ppl here are either haters or perverts or like normal just very curious about the style and then theres the ignorant ppl that has no life and its so bad to where they decide to laugh and pick only becuase they have nothing better to do Angry

OMG! i live in nc too! i think its easy to get looks here cuz even if your in one of the cities like raleigh, everyone here is a hick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yumigalcupcake

PostSubject: uurg   Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:22 am

Yeah, I've gotten looks while in the mall, well there are no gyaru people around where i live!!! I get people looking at my eyes cuz of circle lenses and sometimes even whisper that I look high or that I'm weird, it's pretty annoying because I hate when people make me feel uncomfortable that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yumigalcupcake.blogspot.com
LadyBee

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:35 pm

People stare at me all the time for my hair and I actually have people ask me how I do it sometimes (when it is rainbow, mostly!) and more recently I will get strange looks for what I assume is the gyaru makeup (lots of white! XD) But I have kind of learned to ignore it because I have had unnaturally coloured hair for three years now so I am used to it.

I live in the South in the US and the girls are very "traditional" so they think that it is like "you are like me or you are wrong." It is why I really dislike a lot of the girls at my school -- there are no gyarus here! >.> And I guess boys are so used to seeing those girls with the "like me or wrong" philosophy because I even get weird looks from boys sometimes.

In public guys seem to like my hair, but it kind of freaks me out because usually they are older guys (older as in early/mid-twenties -- I am sixteen! Panicked )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xcrimsonstarx

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:46 am

I've never noticed any stares or anything, I live about 20 mins from Manchester city centre and I see A LOT worse fashions, each to their own but I always think 'how can you stare at me when you're leaving your house in pyjamas' I probably get most looks when I'm in lolita or visual kei but I used to get nasty comments when I dress goth years ago. I never notice comments/looks anymore, I try and ignore it. I wish there were gyaru round where I live so we could meet and go shopping! I seem to be the only one atm!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GyaruNeko

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:24 am

I used to dress in full-on gothic lolita, that got me a lot of stares...but now I have turned Gyaru. (competely different look I must say...) and I don't get weird looks as often but still sometimes.

I live in Melbourne, Australia. I suppose when I dress up I mostly go out to Asian clubs, so I fit in but I can't get in to some clubs with Gyaru outfits, so I don't dress up as much as I'd like to.. when I go out shopping or something if I feel like it I will dress Gyaru but not as full-on as when I did in Japan.

I would normally wear something like this...

but sometimes I go a bit more hard core if I feel like it! ususally when I wear darker shibuya style with heavy make up...yeah I get the stares lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=702920907&ref=tn_tnmn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any of you gals get strange looks?   

Back to top Go down

Any of you gals get strange looks?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2