Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Contact lens and toric circle lenses questions! :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
galdreamer

galdreamer

PostSubject: Contact lens and toric circle lenses questions! :)   Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 pm

So, I figure I would ask this forum first to see what answers I got and afterwords contact an optometrist if I needed to. So basically my first question, for people who wear toric lenses and have astigmatism...I'm not really sure how to read my contact lens box to figure out info for ordering online. It may be stupid but I'm pretty young so my parents basically handle all my contact care stuff. I have astigmatism and wear the 'Biofinity Toric' brand lenses (which are great btw...so much better than acuvue oasis...albeit a bit more expensive) and so yeah....I was just wondering what each thing was and where I would put in each info if I was ordering off a site.

So my left says (in order):
BC DIA PWR
8.7 14.5-2.50 / -1.25x180

And my right says:
BC DIA PWR
8.7 14.5-3.50 / -1.25x010

I've heard that over certain powers of astigmatism wearing circle lenses becomes potentially dangerous and i'd rather not risk my eye sight over some cute contact lenses. So basically my questions are...

1. What does each thing on my contact box mean, and how would I input that information if I were ordering circle lenses, like what would go where?
2. Has my astigmatism reached that danger zone? I think it's 150 or something like that...I don't know, but it's google-able.
3. If I can get circle lenses, where can I get well-priced torics? And if not that, I've heard of certain people wearing regular lenses (not torics) and they just adjusted the power to accommodate their astigmatism...is that safe? I really want the Princess Mimi Bambi lenses, but of course they aren't available in toric versions, so it'd be nice to know.

And if you do have astigmatism and wear circle lenses, please let me know of your experience with them! I know this post was long but thanks so much in advance! Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kireigals.webs.com
b2utifulmuzik

PostSubject: Re: Contact lens and toric circle lenses questions! :)   Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:02 am

I have astigmatism too. I used to wear Air Optix until my parents took me to this optometrist who suggested Acuvue Oasys. The diameter (DIA:14.5mm) is of course like the diameter of a circle that you learn in math. That tells you the size of the lens. 14.5mm is normal. The base curve (BC:8.7) is the radius of the sphere of the back of the lens. Usually it's 8.6. The power(PWR) is the one you would use if you order regular circle lens. That is the degree you need the lens to be in order to see. -1.25 (CYL) on your prescription is how bad your astigmatism is I think. The axis is the 180. I believe that is the angle the lens are supposed yo be or something. I wear circle lenses. I recommend GEO Angel series or GEO Nudy series. I have GEO Angel Violet. I did not adjust my prescription at the time. I just ordered what my power(PWR) said. They are best for astigmatism if you don't get toric. Toric is just so expensive. I don't know the answer to your second question. I just search around google for sites that sell lenses and compare the prices. Don't get anything too large or it'll irritate your eyes or it could cause something. Bring eye drops with you just in case your eyes get dry especially with anything larger than 16mm. I suggest that you start with the small sizes then gradually get larger ones to see if you think larger ones will fit in your eye. Sorry my answer was soo long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
galdreamer

galdreamer

PostSubject: Re: Contact lens and toric circle lenses questions! :)   Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh no its perfectly fine that your answer was long...my question was long! haha. Thank you so so so much for such a great answer. It was really really helpful!! I looked up the lenses and I even found a page of torics on a different site for a pretty good price. I really appreciate your help with my question.
Thanks, Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kireigals.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contact lens and toric circle lenses questions! :)   

Back to top Go down

Contact lens and toric circle lenses questions! :)
Page 1 of 1