Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Hong Kong gyarus?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Koyuki

PostSubject: Hong Kong gyarus?   Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm new here and from Hong Kong!

Anyone from Hong Kong as well?
I'm dying to go meet up with some fellow gyarus, haha!

Blog(for contact details and stuff): pierrotsdoll.tumblr.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pierrotsdoll.tumblr.com
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:34 am

omg finally another gyaru in hk!
I thought I was the only English speaking one haha Smile
Nice to meet you, I'll go check out your blog!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 am

AHHHH~~
This is so amazing xD I never thought anyone else would come post here!
Checked out your blog! xD you're so cute
haha.
I had a few gyaru friends in Hong Kong before, but they moved overseas for schooling Sad

Syuri/Jasmine: Youtube: syurisyndrome
and
Tsubasa/Nana/Fiona: dollyerotica (tumblr)

xD hope more hong kong gyarus come over~ haha
Back to top Go down
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:58 am

You're really cute! I'm also a (n00b) cosplayer. I went to the convention this year, did you?

Are you from international school? I try to wear gyaru to school but it's so hard T^T

Lol my gyaru friends also moved overseas for study, so I don't really know any others here.
I hope more HK gyaru will join us too :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Yup! I go to shatin college Smile
I went to the anime convention as miku, in seifuku! hhaha
I also went to comic world as ranka lee? haha

I know! It is pretty hard to go gyaru in school (waking up early, getting weird comments, etc) but I try casual gyaru, and still put on all my makeup?

xD

I hope more people join us~~
Back to top Go down
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:04 am

I'm planning a Miku Project Diva costume for the winter con Smile

I want to wear my false eyelashes to school but even the most natural ones get stares Panicked

Where are your favourite places to buy gyaru clothes and makeup?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:01 am

ohhh~ I still have no idea what to do for the winter con, but I want to be Sion from No.6... but I might also try a Mikuo cosplay, haha.

haha. I know~
There was a period of time where I would wear full makeup and clothing gyaru to school,
but I got so many weird stares or weird questions, so I just changed back. It also got annoying when some of my closer friends started 'mothering' me, telling me how bad it is for me to be slapping so much makeup on my face? In truth, I don't really put on loads of makeup, I just used things that give a better color payoff...

ohh~ clothes I get from really random places. From mong kok to central Very Happy I kind of like things from chapel right now.
I really like Nonoka Iwata and Sakurina's darker style so normally I get things from Local Hong Kong designers and Japanese brands. Smile
I shop for japanese makeup like Canmake, Diamond Lash and Dolly Wink in Log-on, but I buy most of my makeup from MAC, Shu uemura, Paul and Joe and Anna Sui :') I'm a huge spender, haha.
Back to top Go down
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:21 am

Lol most of my classmates are the conservative type, and my local friends are even more so O.O

My mum is the one who tells me off Crying I don't think it's that bad, as long as you remove the makeup well~
It's kind of hard to try and stand out without other people thinking that you're weird in Hong Kong, I wish it was more different. I mean in Japan, gyaru don't really get stared at at all! >3<

Hehe I get most things from MK and kwai fong mall because it's really worth it! Dresses for <$50 and they're pretty good quality Smile I really like your hair in your avatar ^^ I'm gonna try get extensions like that Very Happy I have stuff from chapel too (the TST branch) Razz
Kind of annoyed that Dolly Wink lashes got more expensive - they used to be $95 for 2 pairs (which is already a lot compared to the other brands) but now they're $105/$110 Tears
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:51 am

haha. well... urm. actually, you'd probably get stares even if you're in japan?
There are quite a lot of conservative people in japan, so... maybe in places like harajuku and shibuya would be better, but... well, other places aren't that happy with gyarus prancing about either ;A;~

my hair in my current avatar is actually a wig Smile
I got it off yahoo bidding, from a wig shop called biscuits.

well.... I think yen got more expensive, so it's only natural that dolly wink got more expensive :'>
but it is a little unreasonable orz.

If you want to get extensions, I really suggest real human hair extensions! They're more natural, so I wear them almost everyday, haha. I love my long hair. Real human hair lets you style them, color them, do whatever with them~~
It does get really stuffy sometimes. x'D

I think human hair extensions are pretty expensive though? The removable ones.
Back to top Go down
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:14 am

Thanks for the advice! I know, but I found it slightly strange because the other Japanese cosmetics stayed the same price apart from Dolly Wink. I tried to find some similar looking lashes but I think I'll just have to splurge and buy them in the end T^T

The removable ones are about $100-$200 in some shops that I looked at, do you think they are more worth it or should I go with a wig? :S You have so much hair experience compared to me haha >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:22 am

well.
A wig would be cheaper, and much more easy to style, but it's not going to look natural?
I often refrain from wearing wigs to school because people keep pulling on it and asking mean questions >: (
I do have... quite a lot of wigs, because you can have different styles Smile for example, if you're not planning to bleach your hair, you can still have blonde hair with a wig? ^^

I think I got about 10 removable extensions real hair for 1000 or something? I know it's a bit pricey, but it does last for really long! If you want it to fit your hair color completely, you should probably take the extensions to your hair stylist and dye them along with your hair? haha
and when you clip them in, you can flat iron or curl them together with your real hair to make it look natural!
Back to top Go down
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:18 am

Koyuki wrote:
well.
A wig would be cheaper, and much more easy to style, but it's not going to look natural?
I often refrain from wearing wigs to school because people keep pulling on it and asking mean questions >: (
I do have... quite a lot of wigs, because you can have different styles Smile for example, if you're not planning to bleach your hair, you can still have blonde hair with a wig? ^^

I think I got about 10 removable extensions real hair for 1000 or something? I know it's a bit pricey, but it does last for really long! If you want it to fit your hair color completely, you should probably take the extensions to your hair stylist and dye them along with your hair? haha
and when you clip them in, you can flat iron or curl them together with your real hair to make it look natural!

This is a bit late, but thanks so much for your advice!! I went out and bought my extensions today finally Smile Since it's public holiday and I wanted a break from IB T^T
Argh I know what you mean... I cosplayed at school once and everyone was annoying me about my Miku wig! D:

I got a clip on sheet extension of real human hair for $95, hope it's not too bad quality >.< It looks really natural as well.

Btw, who are your favourite gyaru models? Which style do you prefer? :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:16 am

:O $95? from where!? thats really gooood~ (I'm guessing mong kok xD)
haha. I need new extensions xD

My favoriote gyaru is Iwata Nonoka Smile I also like Masuwaka Tsubasa and Sakurina's darker style!
I prefer darker gyaru punk styles, but I try a lot of styles as well?
I liked hime gyaru before, but I feel too fat to be wearing pinks and whites, haha. I love lace and flowery patterns though!
I'm really loving dolly and mori kei mixed with gyaru right now Smile It give a very pretty and natural feel to it? It feels easier to handle, haha.
How bout you? Smile
ever thought of bleaching your hair btw?
Back to top Go down
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:39 am

Yup you're right, I got it from MK in one of the small malls Razz
When I wore them, my neck was so hot! Autumn really needs to come faster here.
I used to like lolita and himegyaru a few years ago, but I felt that personally I wouldn't wear it here in HK. Now I prefer mode gyaru for the winter, because there's lots of darker colours for layering! I also like ame-kaji because it suits my age wave
My favourite models are Mizukitty, Suzuki Nana and Kotobuki Rui. You look like Mizukitty in your current avatar Very Happy I really love the natural eyemake and chestnut curls :3
I don't think I'll ever bleach my hair because my hair is quite thin and I'm scared that it would get very damaged and fall out D: Are you considering bleaching? Bleach blonde hair is really pretty though! I think XiaXue (Wendy Cheng) looked good with light hair. I'm thinking about dyeing it a milk tea brown after I finish IB and graduate haha Smile
Which circle lens do you normally use? ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:12 pm

haha. if you have thin hair, it would probably break more easily... my hair isn't exactly tough, but I wouldn't call it thin or breakable
I've actually bleached my hair a light brown before, but I was too lazy to keep it at that time, so I kinda just let it grow and chopped it off? Very Happy
If you bleach your hair a milk tea brown, than you'd probably need to re-bleach it every month or two months? I think I'll try bleach it blonde at least once in my life, but maybe when my mom won't nag me too much about it, haha.

I normally use these Taiwan lenses called Camax Color. 14mm and 42% water content. They're super comfy, I think they look really bright and cute? I tried Royal Vision's Macaroon color contacts before and they weren't too bad? The Macaroon ones are a really pretty color though!
I've been really loving purple and pink contact lens right now~
I think circle lens are the one gyaru thing that I don't get nagged about too much, so I like wearing them a lot! \(^_^)/

IB is so tiring... with all the CAS majors I have to do... ._. Sometimes I wake up in the morning a little too late and I don't get to put my makeup on... /regrets for the entire day
Back to top Go down
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:36 am

I think you would look good with lighter hair Smile Haha I'm pretty lazy at kepping my hair healthy too. And I'm following your Tumblr, so hopefully I'll see pictures of you with bleach blonde hair when you get it someday ^^ Hmm I tried searching for Camax Colour Circle Lens but I didn't find anything. Is it a very local brand? Yup I saw the Macaroon Colour Contacts too! I think the colour is natural but still in really pretty shades. Recently I've been in love with the GEO Xtra LoveLove Pink circle lens - they're so cute! With the little hearts in the design.

Which IB subjects do you take? I've just started Year 12 so I don't have that much CAS to finish Razz But then the IAs are pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:55 am

Camax Colour Circle Lens are a taiwan brand Smile I got them from my cosplay shop on the 15 floor of sino centre ^^
Thats normally where I get all my contacts, haha

I think I might get a blonde wig for the time being, but I probably won't have the money of time for Blonde hair /just/ yet ^^; I do think that I want my hair lighter though... maybe bleach it a light brown again and keep it properly this time? haha. no idea. I'm thinking of just dying it for now, though.

ohh~ The GEO lens looks cute! are they comfy?

I'm in yr 12 too lol. Art, Bio and Eng Lit as my highers. Japanese, Psychology and Maths as standard.
I'm trying to finish most of my CAS in year 12 and I already have half the minors done and 3 majors that I'm doing? Razz
I think the IAs are ok lah. I'm working on my Biology IA right now, actually, haha.
I personally think that IB is less challenging than what people let on... it's tiring, but certainly not /that/ difficult. haha hows IB for you? xD
Back to top Go down
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:44 pm

I've never been to the 15th floor so I'll go check it out :3
Haha I think if you dye your hair light, you should wait until Winter is over, then it would look more stylish Razz You look really good with the hair colour in your avatar anyway!

Sadly, I can't find those exact GEO Love Lens but in general, I would say that GEO circle lenses are really comfy (easy to put in and wear for 5-ish hrs without your eyes feeling dry).

Lol I've decided on 4 out of 6 of my CAS minors, I only have 1 confirmed major so far D:
I wish I could get all my CAS over with, but this year CAS has to be done over a period of 18 months >Neutral Which means it would go into Yr 13 as well... My HLs are Physics, Chemistry and Maths. SL Econ, English Lang & Lit and French. Physics IAs are killing me with the endless pages of calculations lol XD I can't find enough time to blog or do proper make up except for the weekends!

Do you have other friends/classmates in Hong Kong who are into Gyaru?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:56 am

Sadly, I have no friends that are in Hong Kong and are gyarus.... they do come to Hong Kong and we hang out sometimes... but... yeh.
I have japanese friends that like anime and manga... and they satisfy that kind of anime/manga cravings, but.... sigh. I would love some cute gyaru to pop into my school and become best friends with me >.>

I lost my contact lens box (URGH) so now I can't wear contacts :'< hate it when that happens. my eyes look so small when I don't wear contacts.... ah well.
Back to top Go down
Carol_Cheng

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 am

Hi gals ^0^
I will visit HK next week, Can some of you tell me some good places to buy makeup dress and circle lens which is not abnormal expensive?
And sorry for my bad english wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orkut.com/Main#Profile?uid=7700478109454330021
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:14 am

Hello!
For circles lens, I suggest a place called sino centre.
You can get GEO and most other big brands there! All relatively cheap.
For my favorite lens, they're on the 15th floor of sino centre! There is a cosplay shop there, but they sell a sent to beautiful lens!

For clothing... well. Mong Kok will be a nice place to start looking, and if you want cheap clothing, Xin Zhi Chen will be a good place to start looking!

I actually have a holiday next week... so if you aren't too shy, I could take you around? :'>

(contacts: pierrotsdoll.tumblr.com)
Back to top Go down
xBellax

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 am

I couldn't agree more ^^

Sino Centre would be 信和中心 and the cheap mall in Mong Kok is 新の城 Smile

You could also visit Kwai Fong if you don't mind going a little further
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol_Cheng

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:46 am

Thanks fot the informations girls^o^ this is a big help to me cuz i realy dont know Hk very well >.<'
Koyuki I saw your tumblr you are realy so cute *w*
add me on msn? carol_cheng @live.hk
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.orkut.com/Main#Profile?uid=7700478109454330021
Koyuki

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:06 am

oh. I'm sorry. I don't use msn anymore.... do you have facebook?
do you mind adding me?

facebook.com/profile.php?id=1048116181

Back to top Go down
penalup

PostSubject: I'm in Hong Kong too!   Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:12 am

Hi! I'm so surprised to see this thread!
Wave
I'm a Hong Kong gyaru too! I moved to HK two years ago, from Canada! I moved here with my bf. He grew up in HK. I can't speak any Cantonese tho...right now I live in Kennedy Town Smile

It's so awesome to see other girls from HK who love gyaru too!!
nice to meet you! wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong gyarus?   

Back to top Go down

Hong Kong gyarus?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next