Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Can someone explain why kpop companies enforce dating bans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BommieDollie

PostSubject: Can someone explain why kpop companies enforce dating bans?   Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:53 pm

For example, recently 2NE1's Sandara and Bom were released from the dating ban and are free to see whoever they want. Do companies do this to make the singers focus on their work? Or is it for other reasons?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NYGyaru

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain why kpop companies enforce dating bans?   Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:33 am

My guess is that the idea is there in order to keep the group together as long as possible. So there aren't any 'outside influences' trying to change the artists mind about their career (so there isn't any pressure for marriage, children, etc).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petitefeet

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain why kpop companies enforce dating bans?   Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Maybe the labels think that it will kill the group's appeal. Depending on their fanbase, a fan seeing their idol dating someone could make the group less appealing. If they see them as less appealing, they will be less likely to continue to support the band (through buying merchandise). Less support = less money.

I'm not sure if that's right, but it makes sense to me from a business standpoint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chocolatetrout.blogspot.com
ichigoo112

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain why kpop companies enforce dating bans?   Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:46 pm

i think it could be possible that the company doesnt really care if they date, but if the idol gets spotted with a "lover" they get twice the attention because its forbidden. i'm probably wrong but it would be cool if that was why. conspiracy..... ;P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain why kpop companies enforce dating bans?   

Back to top Go down

Can someone explain why kpop companies enforce dating bans?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1