Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

How many of you wear your wigs out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skye

PostSubject: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

How many of you wear your wigs out on normal days, and how often do you get "caught"?
As in, how many times have people said "I like your wig" or Asked if it was a wig?

(: I'm still self conscious about wearing mine out really.So Just curious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aya

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:44 pm

I never wore a wig honestly... But usually I can tell if they are wearing one pretty easily if the wig is not a nice quality Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://keepitcute.tumblr.com/
Skye

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Yeah I can tell instantly that its a wig even if its good quality but-
Once you start owning wigs it makes it even easier. I've been told a lot of people don't notice but I'm still biting my lip going "hm"
I think they work better at night or inside compare to out in the sun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panchii

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:45 am

I make my own temporary wigs, and I used to wear mine out daily lol. But because I'm half black, most people generally just tended to assume it was weave more than anything. It was easier for me to get away with it, because obviously a lot of women with Afro hair tend to use extensisons/ weaves etc. When I felt conscious about it though, I always wore it with a hat or a head wrap or chunky headband to kind of shift the focus a little.

I always used to be scared it would blow off in the wind LOL! I'm still conscious of that with hair extensions, I get so paranoid haha.

Are you wigs human hair or synthetic?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skye

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:26 pm

panchii wrote:
I make my own temporary wigs, and I used to wear mine out daily lol. But because I'm half black, most people generally just tended to assume it was weave more than anything. It was easier for me to get away with it, because obviously a lot of women with Afro hair tend to use extensisons/ weaves etc. When I felt conscious about it though, I always wore it with a hat or a head wrap or chunky headband to kind of shift the focus a little.

I always used to be scared it would blow off in the wind LOL! I'm still conscious of that with hair extensions, I get so paranoid haha.

Are you wigs human hair or synthetic?

Yeah I had this discussion with an african american girl, I was like You're lucky you get away with ALL those things. People are like "It's easier" and people don't think even twice about it, hell they don't even think about it.
And us pale girls, we get looked like "Are you a freak?"

It's like... COME ON, seriously? I hate the world sometimes. You're truly lucky you get away with it, I wore it out once and I got a few odd looks. No one said anything but I was still like "awkward"

It's synthetic, I'd make a human hair one but I don't feel like putting that much money down for a wig right now.
;\ I know a lot of people get away with wigs but I am still beyond self conscious (I always wear hats too..)
LOL WIND? That's so silly xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixieromamba91

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:30 pm

I wear my wigs out as much as I can. I tend to spend a good amount of money on my wigs so I rarely get asked if it is a wig. Usually, it's, "How'd you get your hair like that?" and I'll say it's a wig and people get super surprised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000004810839
Skye

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:12 pm

pixieromamba91 wrote:
I wear my wigs out as much as I can. I tend to spend a good amount of money on my wigs so I rarely get asked if it is a wig. Usually, it's, "How'd you get your hair like that?" and I'll say it's a wig and people get super surprised.

Yeah but even some of the really expensive wigs are obviously wigs.
SO I will harass you, where do you get yours? :]
OR what ones do you have?
(In less you have them made/make them yourself or local wig store)

ANy online specific sites? I have SEEN tons- but even if they look good in pictures... that doesn't mean they are in person.
Especially since the one in pictures is always, ALWAYS better quality then the one they are selling! Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skye

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:21 pm

By the way I get all my wigs from Gothic Lolita Wigs- because I had bad experience with other buyers online and they looked horrible! SO :S

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixieromamba91

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:13 am

Skyenique wrote:
By the way I get all my wigs from Gothic Lolita Wigs- because I had bad experience with other buyers online and they looked horrible! SO :S

Haha, I get harassed by my BF all the time about my wigs so I'm use to it. But that site is terrible. I hate Gothic Lolita Wigs. I usually get them from a really nice seller on Ebay.
http://stores.ebay.com/outdooronsale365shommefashion/pages/wigs/_i.html?_mode=preview
And I get the really good ones from here. Cyperous is usually super expensive though, but they are amazing.
http://cyperous.com/english/index.html
I do get some from local stores that are in the ghetto, which have the best quality for a decent price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1000004810839
Skye

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:15 pm

pixieromamba91 wrote:
Skyenique wrote:

Haha, I get harassed by my BF all the time about my wigs so I'm use to it. But that site is terrible. I hate Gothic Lolita Wigs. I usually get them from a really nice seller on Ebay.
http://stores.ebay.com/outdooronsale365shommefashion/pages/wigs/_i.html?_mode=preview
And I get the really good ones from here. Cyperous is usually super expensive though, but they are amazing.
I do get some from local stores that are in the ghetto, which have the best quality for a decent price.

Yeah its a 50/50 they have some awesome wigs, and some terrible wigs.
I've gotten few good ones which are more good for when I decide to do pictures (I enjoy photoshoping and such so its fun to play with)

LOL that sucks, I am sorry! He shouldn't torment you Sad But at least you've gotten used to it and do what you want.
I have this small luck where my boyfriend actually enjoys my wigs, he even wanted some for fun.
Time to time he'll be like "WHERE THAT ONE" because he enjoys how fun it is.
Yeah Cyperous can be expensive but worth it for the right wig.
Thanks for giving me the link I'll check that ebay seller out, You never know which are good or which are bad till someone tells you or you try it. :S

Yeah, but like I said the wigs made for women of color- always have more of a good natural look to them compare to others.

Just edited this to say I've looked at that seller before- haha! I am glad they are good then.
Are any of the wigs (one with parting) good from that seller?
I really wanna find a decent parted wig that looks natural! I've seen some other sites with the parting and also the darker roots for natural look!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skye

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:19 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390349559863&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_6520wt_1165 This is one of the wigs I looked at a few weeks ago.

The issue is it says 26$ then goes to the page and says 199$
?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixieromamba91

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:20 am

Skyenique wrote:
pixieromamba91 wrote:
Skyenique wrote:

I've gotten few good ones which are more good for when I decide to do pictures (I enjoy photoshoping and such so its fun to play with)

LOL that sucks, I am sorry! He shouldn't torment you Sad But at least you've gotten used to it and do what you want.
I have this small luck where my boyfriend actually enjoys my wigs, he even wanted some for fun.
Thanks for giving me the link I'll check that ebay seller out, You never know which are good or which are bad till someone tells you or you try it. :S

Yeah, but like I said the wigs made for women of color- always have more of a good natural look to them compare to others.

Just edited this to say I've looked at that seller before- haha! I am glad they are good then.
I really wanna find a decent parted wig that looks natural! I've seen some other sites with the parting and also the darker roots for natural look!

The parted wigs are pretty good, and looked very natural on me, but it all actually depends on the color you get. I know you can't really see the part on the lighter colored wigs, so I usually go with the dark brown or black so the part can be seen. As for that issue with the pricing, I've never seen that happen before honestly. Maybe you should contact the seller and ask them what's up with the price to see if that's correct or not. :/
Back to top Go down
Skye

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:36 pm

pixieromamba91 wrote:
Skyenique wrote:
pixieromamba91 wrote:
Skyenique wrote:

The parted wigs are pretty good, and looked very natural on me, but it all actually depends on the color you get. I know you can't really see the part on the lighter colored wigs, so I usually go with the dark brown or black so the part can be seen. As for that issue with the pricing, I've never seen that happen before honestly. Maybe you should contact the seller and ask them what's up with the price to see if that's correct or not. :/

Yeah I have noticed that as well, and skin tops (at least good ones) are hard to find a lot of places... And I don't prefer just a parting with no skin. (: Skin can look fake or real, just by chance..
And yeah I contacted the member already, just waiting!
I've been thinking about making one of those half Wigs where theres a cut out of the scalp area and make the roots a blackish and all the rest a fun color.. but allas finding the right materials is difficult when human hair is expensive and the rest looks fake. I guess 50/50 human hair fake may work.
Sorry I AM RAMBLING.
Thanks for your help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pixieromamba91

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:48 am

Haha it's ok. No problem though. Happy to help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many of you wear your wigs out?   

Back to top Go down

How many of you wear your wigs out?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1