Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

sharing some of my hair knowledge ^.^

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ichigoo112

PostSubject: sharing some of my hair knowledge ^.^   Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi! I'm new to this site and i've seen a lot of posts asking questions about firzzy hair, short hair, and the like. Weeeeell..... i happen to be a complete nerd and know a bunch of random crap that might just come in handy lawlz ^w^ So here it is!

Frizzy hair: you want to find a conditioner with a lot of smoothing qualities. i find that there are a lot of really expensive ones that do what i want, but the price gets my parents nickers in a bind! *n* so i did some research and found that there are a lot of good products that you can find in the drugstore for around 2-5 dollars! garnier fructis is a really good example. for my conditioner, i use renpure organics. if you have light coloured hair you want to be careful because some of these smoothing conditioners have a lot of oil in them. if youre blonde i would not recommend using pantene. i used one of their conditioners and it turned my hair(which is blonde btw ^w^) brown for like 4 months!!! it wuz so horrible it made me look so funny! another great conditioner to use is anything for dyed hair (especially if your hair is dyed Razz).
another thing you want to look at is household products. there are a lot of things you can find in your kitchen that will keep your hair silky smooth and shiny too! My absolute number 1???? mayonaise. yeah i know icky. but in reality, there is a lot of natural oils in mayonaise that keep hair calm if used monthly or on a regular basis. what i do is i take a shower and before i shampoo, i put in mayonaise for about10 minutes(you can leave it in longer if you want, 10 minutes just works for me). after 10 minutes i rinse it out and shampoo it. if you shampoo it after it gets rid of that icky mayonaise smell that you abviuosly dont want in your hair Razz. i then condition like normal and ta daaa! pretty shiny hair! i do this once a month but dont just do it as i do it. play around with it and find out how often it will work for you.
another household item i find that works really well is honey. if you have dyed hair this will also help preserve the colour. i dont use this more than once a year so i would look at a youtube tutorial to see how to use it.

please ask questions! i know i only posted about frizzy hair but i'll wait until i get questions about other types of hair before i go empty my brain out for no reason ^.^ hope this helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BommieDollie

PostSubject: Re: sharing some of my hair knowledge ^.^   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:57 am

Try using paragraphs because i am dyslexic and i can't read a single word of this Eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ichigoo112

PostSubject: Re: sharing some of my hair knowledge ^.^   Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Omg I'm so sorry! I'll try to figure out how to edit it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yumigalcupcake

PostSubject: Re: sharing some of my hair knowledge ^.^   Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:36 am

OMG! Angry I thought the mayonnaise thing was great myself and no one ever listened to me when they complained about frizzy hair! I used to do it a lot, but then I stopped because my hair started getting really oily! I've heard about maple syrup as well as honey, never tried though because of the stickiness Meh It's good to hear about natural remedies!! Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yumigalcupcake.blogspot.com
Gal-chan

PostSubject: Re: sharing some of my hair knowledge ^.^   Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:03 pm

What about thin straight hair? It gets tangled instantly and looks awful. Also I can't curl it because it falls out and even so much as pulling my hair back with anything puts a HUGE dint in it and makes my hair so greasy within an hour it looks like I haven't showered in 3 days. Any type of product has the same effect because it weighs my hair down and makes it look dirty. I just leave it down all the time and plan on giving up and buying a wig!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedMary

PostSubject: Re: sharing some of my hair knowledge ^.^   Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:43 am

Gal-chan wrote:
What about thin straight hair?

Mine is very fine and straight. If I'm at work all day I'll throw it up in chopsticks. By the time I get off I have some nice soft curls. If I put some hair spray or mousse on them while taking them down they'll last longer.

Another thing that has worked well for me is pin curls. Twist your hair up in buns all over your head and pin it in place. I leave this overnight (I usually shower right before doing this and wait until my hair is mostly dry but still a little damp before putting it up). This takes more work but is fabulous.

I stray away from hair bands because of the awful kinks they leave on your ends. Chopsticks/hairsticks are excellent because they don't ruin your ends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sharing some of my hair knowledge ^.^   

Back to top Go down

sharing some of my hair knowledge ^.^
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1