Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Poser??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YellowTreesAtMidnite

PostSubject: Poser??   Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Im going to Japan.... and im white... do you think i will be viewed as a poser for being white and being gyaru? Horrified

Also..... if you know Japanese do you think i have the language down pretty well?

私は日本に行くことに興奮してんだけど、私は難問であることが心配です[/font]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BommieDollie

PostSubject: Re: Poser??   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:54 am

From what i've learned from others, there will always be some people that look down on you for it, and others that welcome foreigners. But i imagine it's the same most places you go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chertel

PostSubject: Re: Poser??   Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:21 pm

hmmm...im not so sure.

im sure some people might think its 'poser' but only if you don't do the look right(ya know, same with that whole emo/scene thing. if you dont do it right you look poser)

so be sure to get the look down! ;P

but then again....

japanese people arent gonna go up to you and say what they think if they dont like you or watever. its not like in america if you dress weird or something you actually hear ppl saying wtf and stuff.

idk. just dont worry about anything. you'll be fine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tirin

PostSubject: Re: Poser??   Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:00 am

I think people there will like the fact that you have a japanese fashion style! They will probably think it's cute and all that Smile Although I think most of them won't really care.. Japanese tend to keep to themselves when it comes to foreigners (from what I noticed when I was there with my Japanese class in high school, lol).

Maybe some gyaru in Shibuya would stare, and think of you as a poser, OR they could be impressed, who knows! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beautybytirin.blogspot.com/
NYGyaru

PostSubject: Re: Poser??   Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:22 am

I can speak from my experience wearing kimono [which is much 'stranger' for a foreigner to be wearing] when I've been over there. If you do the style well, you're going to get a lot of attention. The attention will be mostly positive and curiosity. I get impressed looks, people coming up to me wanting to look me over, etc. Then there's the curiosity "How did you learn?", "Why?". So be prepared for that.
As I said, if you do it right, you won't get looked at funny. You do it slightly off, get ready for the strange looks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YellowTreesAtMidnite

PostSubject: Re: Poser??   Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks so much guys! >.< Im still nervous but your comments helped a lot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poser??   

Back to top Go down

Poser??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1