Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Bunny rescue!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tirin

PostSubject: Bunny rescue!   Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:53 am

This bunny is pretty much all I think about these days, lol... But anyway, I'm getting a bunny in May! I'm not sure if it's a boy or a girl, but I'm going to call it Charlie Very Happy Those of you who follow my blog know this - sorry for being to obsessed about it, hahaha. But for all of you who don't read my blog, I'm telling you here!

Charlie is a rescue, s/he was bred only to be fed to a snake, so my boyfriend and I decided to buy her (screw it, I'm calling Charlie a girl for now) and save her life! I mean, how can you feed this to a snake?!

So adorable!! She's an all white Lionheaded/Polish rabbit mix, with beautiful blue eyes!

Does anyone in this forum have a bunny? I would love getting a few tips since this is my first one! Obviously I have read about them a lot, but what is there to think about that books and websites don't tell? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beautybytirin.blogspot.com/
YellowTreesAtMidnite

PostSubject: Re: Bunny rescue!   Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:02 pm

So fluffiness and cute!! You are a true savior and role model Smile To bunnies anyways!! I think Charlie is a boy FYI...... Im a crazy weirdo though so don't listen to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HaileeMarie

PostSubject: Re: Bunny rescue!   Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:10 pm

I love bunnies! I used to raise them for years! (For showing, not snake food)
So I think I may be of some help. Happy
Okay, so first, please please please do not keep your bunny in a cage 24/7.
They like to roam, so you're going to need to"bunnyproof" at lease one room where you live.
Bunnyproofing consist of making sure there's no holes your bunnys' head can fit into, and making sure all the cords are taped to the walls and out of reach of the bunny.
Secondly, rabbit pellets should not be the only thing on the menu.
Veggies, and timothy (or alfalfa) hay are good for bunnies.
But from my experience, they really like sweet things. Such as yogurt chips, dried fruits, and my bunnies personal favorite, dried bananas.
Third, bunnies need things to chew on, or else they can get teeth problems. They sell wood block at pet store, or even walmart for them to munch on. Also, you're going to have to give your bunny fresh water EVERY DAY.
Yes, I know that sounds annoying. But the water and get dirty and make the bunny sick.
My last tip is that bunnies like to keep cool. So make sure that wherever you keep your bunny, it wont over heat.
Also, I know this is quite obvious, but clean up after your bunny. I've seen people just neglect the cleaning, and then the bunny poo gets maggots, and the bunnies get fly strike. It's an awful thing, really.
Anyways, that's about it. I hope I helped, and if you have any more questions about bunnies, feel free to ask me. I'm sort of a self-proclaimed expert. kawaii
Haha. Good luck, and enjoy your new furry friend! <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tirin

PostSubject: Re: Bunny rescue!   Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:28 am

@YellowTreesAtMidnite: It might be a boy, but I sort of hope it's a girl, because if it is, I get to keep one of her sisters as well! And that way I can save two of the bunnies! Very Happy I would love to save them all, but honestly, that guy would just keep breeding new ones... and I don't have the money or room for that many bunnies ><

@HaileeMarie: Haha well I'm glad you have experience! I have read soooo much about bunnies now so I think I know most of it (but you can always learn more, right? xD)! Charlie will be an outdoor bunny, living on our fairly large balcony. The cage is protected from direct sunligt, wind, and rain.

I'm a bit of a health freak when it comes to my pets, so I don't want to give Charlie too much of the good stuff... Of course her main food will be hay, and she will get a pit of pellets everyday. As candy, I'm making dry fruit and vegetables, and I'm going to give her one of those balls with a small hole in that candy comes out from when the bunny rolls the ball xD

I will take her/him out AT LEAST one hour everyday to play and cuddle (probably a lot more than just an hour though - look at her/him! wave )

This is the cage she is getting:

I was told it's not high enough according to Swedish law ("luckily" I live in Denmark), but since it's a tiny rabbit, and it's shorter than the cage is high when it stands up, it shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise I will just have to get her/him a new cage in the future!

And I warn you - I might just message you if I need help with some Charlie-related stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://beautybytirin.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bunny rescue!   

Back to top Go down

Bunny rescue!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1