Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Trendy Gyaru

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BobaTea

PostSubject: Trendy Gyaru   Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Ok so ladies I just wanted to make sure everyone understands that clothes are a major part of being gyaru,yes?
Its not only about wearing things that you like but things that are trendy and in fashion! Espically according to the particular style you are doing. Granted there are no such things as "gyaru brand clothes" in my opinion there are style typical things that gyarus should/or do wear.

For example though I love animal print it is no longer TRENDY to wear animal print as major parts of your clothing. Accessories...and nail decorations are fine though.
haha Im guilty of not wearing trendy things as can be seen in my profile pic and some forum posts.

THIS IS FROM UNIVERSAL DOLL the link can be found inmy "where to look post"

Tips for certain styles:

Hime: Keep sporting your bow accessories and branch out and buy a monotone dress and try Deylye's girly items, pair it with your hime accessories.
Trend to try: monotone

Adult: Pucci, Chain Bags and Logo items are great for you.
Trend to try: Adult rock one-piece

Girly: Marine and chain bags, bow accessories and larger jewelry pieces will help your look come together.
Trend to try: fitted cropped jackets

Traditional: Girlz you traditional, buy your hot pants asap then pair them with a logo shirt! Trend to try: Body-con grown up style on top (corset style, jacket, fitted bust)

Rock: Chain bags in a vibrant color, leather jackets, and comic prints. When going for pastel try acid washed pastels in denim instead.
Trend to try: Funky leggings and stockings

Ame-kaji: Don't load up too much on monotone, stick to bright print tops paired with torn/distressed shorts.
Trend to try: Bright heels with short socks paired rolled-up boyfriend jeans, casual top, and a trucker hat

Electro/Haadi: Load up on the hot accessories such as bright bags, heels and buttons. Pair them with monotone. Also try a matching jacket/shorts set in a crazy print.
Trend to try: Work black into your look to create a bolder statement

I know that not everyone will share my views and im completely ok with that ^-^. I really hope I didnt step on anyones toes because im not trying to do that. I just thought I'd share some info.

and here is a pic of a trend im in love with
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/charmydoll/
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:42 pm

tanks much!~ i will take these into account!~ ^-^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ren❤

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Yes yes this is so true! I usually read japanese fashion magazines like popteen or ageha to keep up with the trends,
but lets face it, those magazines arent eactly cheap or easy to find..
So thanks for the site, it's really helpful and gives the "main idea" or whats in style kawaii
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
BobaTea

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Ren-Hime wrote:
Yes yes this is so true! I usually read japanese fashion magazines like popteen or ageha to keep up with the trends,
but lets face it, those magazines arent eactly cheap or easy to find..
So thanks for the site, it's really helpful and gives the "main idea" or whats in style kawaii
lol I know I wish I could buy some mags.
I actually knew of a site that shipped out ageha and scawaii...and other japanese fashion mags. I lost the link though. -.-
the best you can do is look at scans to keep in touch!
I really like the writer of this site she tends to have a lot of helpful information.
Back to top Go down
Carmel

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Yea. I loved this blog on the summer styles!

And was the website you were looking for this one?

http://www.royalquartz.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keitiichan

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:21 am

You can download scans of the magazines at Ricoche.net
Smile
You just have to sign up for the free account.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hello-kokoro

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:46 pm

is the free blog free ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/minniemanba
loveloveclutch

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:05 am

Thanks for making this topic Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chaudalyn

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Are there any new updates?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.chaudie.net
BobaTea

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:46 pm

chaudalyn wrote:
Are there any new updates?

You mean like new fall trends? If you need some i could provide some links. I will try to make a small topic on up coming trends.
Back to top Go down
chaudalyn

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:59 pm

That would be nice. I would greatly appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.chaudie.net
yukarinn0207
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:00 am

awww thanks koko hun
so much help
You seriously need to come down to STL
We'd make best frindzzz
lol

http://mixi.jp/show_profile.pl?id=16616292&from=navi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forever-gyaru.forumotion.com
BomberGal

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:15 pm

I think its important to remember though...

That its not only about FOLLOWING trends... You've got to be able to go against the grain to SET them too.

You can see it in the mags too... The models who go against the grain a bit are more visible, they stand out amongst the others. For example... Egg's Kanako has always been a favorite of mine. Her different make and hair style and almost tom-boyish look really makes her stand out above some of the more carbon-copy models.

I admire that. I have no admiration for simply following trends though. It shows a lack of thought in the matter. Implying you like the notoriety of the styles, but not the styles themselves. And where is the fun in that? I don't care how insanely popular some trend is. If I don't like it, I wont waste my time and money on it. If I do like it, great. Otherwise, I'll do my own thing. And who knows... It might catch on. After all, thats how new trends start to begin with.

Its also important to remember that trends arent really universal. Something new and fresh in Japan could be old as dirt and out of style here. Something old and out in Japan could be fresh and new here. If being TRENDY is the key, its unfortunately not going to be all about following Japanese trends. Some of it would need to be sacrificed for local trends.

Wearing what you love really has an impact on how people see the outfit too. If you're wearing something you aren't thrilled about... You wont be the only one to notice. So while, yeah... I think its good to keep an eye on the trends... I think its a waste of time and money to follow them loyally or put too much value on them. Use them as ideas, not as the rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiny-chan

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:29 pm

But you also have to remember that Kanako is following the older brother style which for girls is a more tomboyish look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cherrypopcandy.blogspot.com/
BobaTea

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:52 am

BomberGal wrote:
I think its important to remember though...

That its not only about FOLLOWING trends... You've got to be able to go against the grain to SET them too.

You can see it in the mags too... The models who go against the grain a bit are more visible, they stand out amongst the others. For example... Egg's Kanako has always been a favorite of mine. Her different make and hair style and almost tom-boyish look really makes her stand out above some of the more carbon-copy models.

I admire that. I have no admiration for simply following trends though. It shows a lack of thought in the matter. Implying you like the notoriety of the styles, but not the styles themselves. And where is the fun in that? I don't care how insanely popular some trend is. If I don't like it, I wont waste my time and money on it. If I do like it, great. Otherwise, I'll do my own thing. And who knows... It might catch on. After all, thats how new trends start to begin with.

Its also important to remember that trends arent really universal. Something new and fresh in Japan could be old as dirt and out of style here. Something old and out in Japan could be fresh and new here. If being TRENDY is the key, its unfortunately not going to be all about following Japanese trends. Some of it would need to be sacrificed for local trends.

Wearing what you love really has an impact on how people see the outfit too. If you're wearing something you aren't thrilled about... You wont be the only one to notice. So while, yeah... I think its good to keep an eye on the trends... I think its a waste of time and money to follow them loyally or put too much value on them. Use them as ideas, not as the rule.
Kanako does follow an older boy style...so actually yes as a FEMALE she does a style that isnt usual but if she were a male then...shed be following the common male trends.
I completely agree that gyaru is about being innovative with style, though you have to realize that some gals need these beginner guide lines before they throw on something and call themselves gyaru.
Its all a matter of preference I think, as well as what style you choose. Manba and Banba have the most room to go all out crazy whiel still; being considered as having gal coordinates. While himes or ageho's(forgive me if this isnt the right term ladies) follow a more or less cookie cutter mold. In these cases following newer trends is vital.
Back to top Go down
SimplyRei

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Quote :
lol I know I wish I could buy some mags.
I actually knew of a site that shipped out ageha and scawaii...and other japanese fashion mags. I lost the link though. -.-
the best you can do is look at scans to keep in touch!
I really like the writer of this site she tends to have a lot of helpful information.

They have some that you can buy individually (or you could subscribe) at www.jbox.com
(but that's just if you're like me and you want the actual hard copy of them instead of just other people's scans).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trendy Gyaru   

Back to top Go down

Trendy Gyaru
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1