Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Advice for removing black hair colour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BommieDollie

PostSubject: Advice for removing black hair colour   Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:00 pm

I have been dying my hair permanent black for what seems like almost two years now. But now i'm kinda sick of it. My natural colour is a browny blonde colour which i haven't seen in 6 years due to dying other colours before black. Today i used a box of Colour B4 Hair Remover and although i wasn't devastated i wasn't particularly impressed either. My hair still seems to be pretty dark with a brown tint to it and my roots are very light. I still have another box of this left to use but i'm curious as to whether it will do much more?

I was wondering if you gals have any home remedy tips for getting rid of VERY dark permanent hair colour. I did a little bit of research and the Vitamin C and shampoo mix seems to be a favourite but i still don't know if there's much point trying this on dark hair? Even if i have to use lots of different methods for a while to get it light again, i don't care, i can't afford to get it done at the hairdresser, and i'm not bleaching it.

Before: http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
After: http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Thanks very much for any advice you can give, i'm kinda in the shit with this one. Angry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YellowTreesAtMidnite

PostSubject: Re: Advice for removing black hair colour   Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 pm

I am really not sure. But if push comes to shove and you do decide to use bleach, do it it stages.

Venus A on youtube gives great ideas for hair care. Her hair went from a dark dark brown to a bleach blond, and her hair is healthy. Look it up Very Happy

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup

PostSubject: Re: Advice for removing black hair colour   Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 am

Whatever you do! DO NOT turn to putting lemon juice in your hair!! The lemon juice dries it out and since your hair is darker then how it used to be, it WILL turn your hair orange! Trust me i tried it and my hair looked like Ronald Mcdonald on crack -_-
These are the remedies i found for you!
Shampoo your hair with a clarifying shampoo mixed with about a tablespoon of baking soda...it will make a kind of paste...apply it like you always do shampoo, work it in and suds it up...leave on for 10 minutes, rinse. Condition well with a good moisturizing conditioner as it will leave it feeling stiff if you don't. This will not work overnight but will slowly fade the color. Do this a couple times a week.
Try LíOrealís Color Zap for a quick at-home reversal of your color blunder. This easy-to-use kit works after one application, gently removing dye from your hair while leaving your natural hair color intact and ready to re-color. This product works even on permanent hair dye.
Clarifying shampoos not doing it for you? Try using Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo. This shampoo has long been known for its ability to strip color from hair. If you really need to fade your too-dark hair quickly, try shampooing with Head and Shoulders until your hair fades to the desired shade.

I've actually have had experiences with the 3rd method. I had dyed my tips black (and i mean BUH-LACK). It was permanent so my sister told me it will stay on there for a while, so i was happy. At the time, my mom had bought Head & Shoulders shampoo and conditioner because my sister was having trouble with dandruff. So that means we all had to use the shampoo. I used it and about a 3-6 weeks later my black tips vanished :O I was so mad! But yea, that was my experience with Head & Shoulders ^-^

Good luck with your hair! Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BommieDollie

PostSubject: Re: Advice for removing black hair colour   Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:52 am

Buttercup wrote:
Whatever you do! DO NOT turn to putting lemon juice in your hair!! The lemon juice dries it out and since your hair is darker then how it used to be, it WILL turn your hair orange! Trust me i tried it and my hair looked like Ronald Mcdonald on crack -_-
These are the remedies i found for you!
Shampoo your hair with a clarifying shampoo mixed with about a tablespoon of baking soda...it will make a kind of paste...apply it like you always do shampoo, work it in and suds it up...leave on for 10 minutes, rinse. Condition well with a good moisturizing conditioner as it will leave it feeling stiff if you don't. This will not work overnight but will slowly fade the color. Do this a couple times a week.
Try LíOrealís Color Zap for a quick at-home reversal of your color blunder. This easy-to-use kit works after one application, gently removing dye from your hair while leaving your natural hair color intact and ready to re-color. This product works even on permanent hair dye.
Clarifying shampoos not doing it for you? Try using Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo. This shampoo has long been known for its ability to strip color from hair. If you really need to fade your too-dark hair quickly, try shampooing with Head and Shoulders until your hair fades to the desired shade.

I've actually have had experiences with the 3rd method. I had dyed my tips black (and i mean BUH-LACK). It was permanent so my sister told me it will stay on there for a while, so i was happy. At the time, my mom had bought Head & Shoulders shampoo and conditioner because my sister was having trouble with dandruff. So that means we all had to use the shampoo. I used it and about a 3-6 weeks later my black tips vanished :O I was so mad! But yea, that was my experience with Head & Shoulders ^-^

Good luck with your hair! Wave

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for removing black hair colour   

Back to top Go down

Advice for removing black hair colour
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1