Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru
 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 I can count to ten!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YellowTreesAtMidnite

avatar

Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-11
Location : Alaska

PostSubject: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:58 pm

So I have been learning Japanese for a long time, and I just learned how to count to ten. Count to ten! In my three years of Japanese why is that the last thing they teach me? Question
Ichi
Ni
San
Yon
Go
Roku
Nana
Hachi
(Some spelling that sounds like Q)
(Some spelling that sounds like Jew)

Yay!! Thats up to ten! So what I really want to know is, do you know any Japanese?

Post some easy things you learned down below!! Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pinkBubbles~



Posts : 146
Join date : 2012-06-14
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:23 pm

YellowTreesAtMidnite wrote:
So I have been learning Japanese for a long time, and I just learned how to count to ten. Count to ten! In my three years of Japanese why is that the last thing they teach me? Question
Ichi
Ni
San
Yon
Go
Roku
Nana
Hachi
(Some spelling that sounds like Q)
(Some spelling that sounds like Jew)

Yay!! Thats up to ten! So what I really want to know is, do you know any Japanese?

Post some easy things you learned down below!! Wave

the spelling to jew made me laugh XD
i know only basic sentences like :
i love you
i hate you
my name is
who are you ?
you are kawaii
and some words ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LovelyLittleDolls



Posts : 126
Join date : 2012-07-05
Age : 20
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 pm

YellowTreesAtMidnite wrote:
So I have been learning Japanese for a long time, and I just learned how to count to ten. Count to ten! In my three years of Japanese why is that the last thing they teach me? Question
Ichi
Ni
San
Yon
Go
Roku
Nana
Hachi
(Some spelling that sounds like Q)
(Some spelling that sounds like Jew)

Yay!! Thats up to ten! So what I really want to know is, do you know any Japanese?

Post some easy things you learned down below!! Wave

If you can count to ten in Japanese then you can definitely count to 100 ^_^

I just started learning Japanese really.. I recently finished with hiragana which was actually very easy to memorize. Though I'm currently having a hard time with katakana Tears I don't know why they look like sticks to me lol and I just can't memorize them and get them in my head. It's really bugging me out Meh
So for now I'm sorta avoiding memorizing katakana and memorizing some kanji (which is also surprisingly pretty easy since I know Chinese).
I get scolded a lot by my Japanese teacher for always avoiding katakana XDD But she's really nice..so I don't mind haha.

PS: also I thought it was ichi, ni, san, SHI, go, roku, SHICHI, hachi, kyuu, juu. Panicked
Oh well since you probably studied Japanese longer than me I'm probably wrong lol xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyBee

avatar

Posts : 354
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 21
Location : Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Yep, I am learning Japanese, too! I just got Japanese for Dummies, but I have a friend who speaks it native and she has been teaching me stuff, so I memorized hiragana and katakana (and like...three kanji XD), I can count to 100, I know the days of the week, the months, dates, time, pronouns, a lot of animals for some reason, some general phrases, weather, etc...

(If anyone watches Hetalia, I finally understand "Kumajirou!" XD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pinkBubbles~



Posts : 146
Join date : 2012-06-14
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm

i am so jealous all of you ><" i don't have time for japanese [ that sucks ]
i have private english teacher and she is really hard teacher Tears
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyBee

avatar

Posts : 354
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 21
Location : Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:43 pm

gisellaaa wrote:
YellowTreesAtMidnite wrote:
So I have been learning Japanese for a long time, and I just learned how to count to ten. Count to ten! In my three years of Japanese why is that the last thing they teach me? Question
Ichi
Ni
San
Yon
Go
Roku
Nana
Hachi
(Some spelling that sounds like Q)
(Some spelling that sounds like Jew)

Yay!! Thats up to ten! So what I really want to know is, do you know any Japanese?

Post some easy things you learned down below!! Wave

PS: also I thought it was ichi, ni, san, SHI, go, roku, SHICHI, hachi, kyuu, juu. Panicked
Oh well since you probably studied Japanese longer than me I'm probably wrong lol xD

If you are just counting ichi-ni-san-shi, etc, then it is shi, but after 10 you start using yon for numbers like 14, 24, etc...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YellowTreesAtMidnite

avatar

Posts : 155
Join date : 2012-01-11
Location : Alaska

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Quote :
PS: also I thought it was ichi, ni, san, SHI, go, roku, SHICHI, hachi, kyuu, juu. Panicked
Oh well since you probably studied Japanese longer than me I'm probably wrong lol xD

It depend on what type of writing you pick.

Quote :
the spelling to jew made me laugh XD

Hilarious right!!

Quote :
Though I'm currently having a hard time with katakana Tears

Dahhhh that sucks! Do you know how bad I am with that! Its a lost cause.

Quote :
i am so jealous all of you ><" i don't have time for japanese [ that sucks ]
i have private english teacher and she is really hard teacher

Ohhh you should meet my Latin/Greek teacher! He is going to kill me, and I have took that class for nine years!! Well I mostly get C+ so I can't blame him... I started learning on my own time because I suck at Greek and didn't have time. (With Latin I rock!) I like old old ancient Latin and Greek so I don't even know why we learn it if no person speaks it!

Anyways, try that to start! just grab a phrase book! After that I started taking classes at the collage because I they don't offer it in high school.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LovelyLittleDolls



Posts : 126
Join date : 2012-07-05
Age : 20
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:44 am

LadyBee wrote:
gisellaaa wrote:
YellowTreesAtMidnite wrote:
So I have been learning Japanese for a long time, and I just learned how to count to ten. Count to ten! In my three years of Japanese why is that the last thing they teach me? Question
Ichi
Ni
San
Yon
Go
Roku
Nana
Hachi
(Some spelling that sounds like Q)
(Some spelling that sounds like Jew)

Yay!! Thats up to ten! So what I really want to know is, do you know any Japanese?

Post some easy things you learned down below!! Wave

PS: also I thought it was ichi, ni, san, SHI, go, roku, SHICHI, hachi, kyuu, juu. Panicked
Oh well since you probably studied Japanese longer than me I'm probably wrong lol xD

If you are just counting ichi-ni-san-shi, etc, then it is shi, but after 10 you start using yon for numbers like 14, 24, etc...

Oh okay well thank you! I just learned that now Very Happy


YellowTreesAtMidnite wrote:
Quote :
PS: also I thought it was ichi, ni, san, SHI, go, roku, SHICHI, hachi, kyuu, juu. Panicked
Oh well since you probably studied Japanese longer than me I'm probably wrong lol xD

It depend on what type of writing you pick.

Quote :
Though I'm currently having a hard time with katakana Tears

Dahhhh that sucks! Do you know how bad I am with that! Its a lost cause.


Okay well I think I'm getting the hang of counting in Japanese. Just needs a lil' bit more practice Smile
I think I'm in the same situation with you for katakana. I just can't get them in my head at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyouko31

avatar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2012-06-07
Age : 21
Location : Slidell, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:42 am

100 is hyaku and 1000 is sen. So 1,199 would be sen-hyaku-kyuu-jyuu-kyuu. I actually taught myself Japanese because I watch soooo~ much anime. Sadly, I'm a little on the weird side when I talk Japanese. My friends all say I have the perfect accent, but for I,me,my,mine I use Ore(Yeah. The very masculine I =_=) And I am a girl. And for You, I use omae and end most of my sentences in yo.... OTL
P.S. I am actually a very girly-girl just for some reason, when I speak Japanese, these pronouns come out without me really thinking about it....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LovelyLittleDolls



Posts : 126
Join date : 2012-07-05
Age : 20
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:47 am

Kyouko31 wrote:
100 is hyaku and 1000 is sen. So 1,199 would be sen-hyaku-kyuu-jyuu-kyuu. I actually taught myself Japanese because I watch soooo~ much anime. Sadly, I'm a little on the weird side when I talk Japanese. My friends all say I have the perfect accent, but for I,me,my,mine I use Ore(Yeah. The very masculine I =_=) And I am a girl. And for You, I use omae and end most of my sentences in yo.... OTL
P.S. I am actually a very girly-girl just for some reason, when I speak Japanese, these pronouns come out without me really thinking about it....

Haha I used to say ore too but my Japanese guy friend told me that I talk like a boy a lot so I stopped saying ore >_<;
Now I say atashi since it's more girly/softer sounding~ Especially since I've started to watch Japanese dramas I've become very girly LOL
I say omae for 'you' too! Wave but if it's someone older (like my sensei~ lol my japanese teacher insists i call her that) or someone that I've just met or when I'm in a formal situation I say anata.
I usually end my sentence in 'ne' but sometimes I omit ne completely if I'm not close with the person
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyBee

avatar

Posts : 354
Join date : 2012-04-04
Age : 21
Location : Mississippi

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 pm

gisellaaa wrote:
Kyouko31 wrote:
100 is hyaku and 1000 is sen. So 1,199 would be sen-hyaku-kyuu-jyuu-kyuu. I actually taught myself Japanese because I watch soooo~ much anime. Sadly, I'm a little on the weird side when I talk Japanese. My friends all say I have the perfect accent, but for I,me,my,mine I use Ore(Yeah. The very masculine I =_=) And I am a girl. And for You, I use omae and end most of my sentences in yo.... OTL
P.S. I am actually a very girly-girl just for some reason, when I speak Japanese, these pronouns come out without me really thinking about it....

Haha I used to say ore too but my Japanese guy friend told me that I talk like a boy a lot so I stopped saying ore >_<;
Now I say atashi since it's more girly/softer sounding~ Especially since I've started to watch Japanese dramas I've become very girly LOL
I say omae for 'you' too! Wave but if it's someone older (like my sensei~ lol my japanese teacher insists i call her that) or someone that I've just met or when I'm in a formal situation I say anata.
I usually end my sentence in 'ne' but sometimes I omit ne completely if I'm not close with the person

I said "ore" once because I misunderstood, and my Japanese friend looks at me like, "Wtf did you say?" And then she explained that, girls do not do that... XD The gender pronoun thing is really what kills me! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LovelyLittleDolls



Posts : 126
Join date : 2012-07-05
Age : 20
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:56 pm

LadyBee wrote:
gisellaaa wrote:
Kyouko31 wrote:
100 is hyaku and 1000 is sen. So 1,199 would be sen-hyaku-kyuu-jyuu-kyuu. I actually taught myself Japanese because I watch soooo~ much anime. Sadly, I'm a little on the weird side when I talk Japanese. My friends all say I have the perfect accent, but for I,me,my,mine I use Ore(Yeah. The very masculine I =_=) And I am a girl. And for You, I use omae and end most of my sentences in yo.... OTL
P.S. I am actually a very girly-girl just for some reason, when I speak Japanese, these pronouns come out without me really thinking about it....

Haha I used to say ore too but my Japanese guy friend told me that I talk like a boy a lot so I stopped saying ore >_<;
Now I say atashi since it's more girly/softer sounding~ Especially since I've started to watch Japanese dramas I've become very girly LOL
I say omae for 'you' too! Wave but if it's someone older (like my sensei~ lol my japanese teacher insists i call her that) or someone that I've just met or when I'm in a formal situation I say anata.
I usually end my sentence in 'ne' but sometimes I omit ne completely if I'm not close with the person

I said "ore" once because I misunderstood, and my Japanese friend looks at me like, "Wtf did you say?" And then she explained that, girls do not do that... XD The gender pronoun thing is really what kills me! XD

Haha I totally don't understand the gender thing either xD But that's what makes Japan such an interesting place!
It's funny how the girls and boys talk differently. In my country (I'm Indonesian) lol we don't have that kind of gender thing (unless you count old ancient dialects). So it's interesting.
But I have a question though? The standard way of saying 'I' would be Watashi, and 'ore' is more used casually for boys, and 'atashi' for girls. But what about 'kocchi'? I heard that it was another way to say 'I'?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I can count to ten!!   

Back to top Go down
 
I can count to ten!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» No post count/Disabling post count on a particular forum
» reset posts count to 0
» Post Count editing.
» how-do-i-make-a-forum-area-not-count-towards-post-count
» Count to 10,000

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forever Gyaru :: Casual :: General Discussion-
Jump to: