Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

What got you into gyaru?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LovelyLittleDolls

PostSubject: What got you into gyaru?   Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:07 am

Hi there everyone! I'm just wondering what got you into gyaru in the first place...and why...and how you feel about it now.

I got into gyaru mainly because I was interested in Japanese culture, (though not through anime or manga, to be honest i've always disliked them heheh but that's just my opinion).

I was interested in Japanese culture because:
1. I used to like listening to K-Pop and watching Korean dramas, and from there I started to listen to J-Pop and Japanese dramas (dunno why, just for no reason. I just wanted to watch and listen to a wider genre). Then I started to follow Japanese fashion style and language.
2. At the time I wasn't dating my boyfriend yet, so I had a huge crush on him that's been developing for 2 years and he just so happens to be Japanese lol so you can guess from here.

From then on my immense interest in Japan grew. I loved it and I still do. I find it so fascinating and just so...cool basically haha. I discovered gyaru from a famous Japanese singer- Kana Nishino (西野カナ). I don't know if any of you listen to her but I really like her songs Wave I've always noticed that her eyes looked so big and lovely. She basically looks like a human doll and I wanted to follow her style. Then I discover gyaru. At first I always thought gyaru as sort of ganguro and manba so I wasn't really into it since it was not my style. But I realized that there are other types of gyarus as well. Before gyaru I was a fail mainstream wannabe hipster lol.

To be honest I've been following gyaru for about 10 months. Just following and learning make up tips and tricks. I had no idea where to buy lashes or circle lenses or any of the make up needed to gal Tears So I started by shopping for more of a sweet Japanese-style clothes (like clothes that are really cute with pink bows and girly stuff, though nothing lolita). After that (around 4 months after my initial interest in gyaru) I finally got the guts to wear circle lenses. My make up was very simple, it was designed towards having 'big dolly eyes' (minus the lashes). Then eventually I added the lashes on! But I don't wear them every day just to special events (or maybe when I want to camwhore lol). Usually I just do my normal everyday make with more less eyeshadow, more mascara.

And how do I feel about it now? I love it! The gyaru style I follow is similar to the ones in Popteen now (very girly with hints of a vintage style) I love the dolly-ness the pretty frills and bows. I think gyaru is a style that really suits me well. Everyone always tell me 'wow you look like a living doll!' or 'what big eyes you have!'. I love it to death and I think I finally find a style that really suits me. But sometimes being gyaru I feel that it's over the top somtimes. When I tell people about gyaru they automatically assume that gyaru is all just 'fake' (fake nails, fake lashes, fake eyes, fake hair sometimes, etc.). I have to agree with this to some extent. I know some of you may not agree but this is just my personal opinion. When I follow gyaru style I have to remind myself to stay true to myself (cheesy I know) and not get lost in the so-called 'fakery'. My boyfriend likes my gyaru style and he thinks I look nice in it actually. He's completely fine with me being (or at least trying) to be a gyaru. But he always tells me, "You look pretty as a gyaru, but you look pretty too without the make up and clothes. Either way you're still pretty!" Meh 2

So in conclusion I love the gyaru style and fashion, especially with the big eyes. It's absolutely adorable. But I don't dress as a gyaru everyday too. So no, I'm not a 'hardcore gyaru', I think it's too much for an everyday basis for me and my lifestyle (and also the fact that I'm too lazy hahah), but I know some of you gals here can pull it off everyday and I respect those of you who can a lot!

Sorry for blabbing so much Wave I thought I'd just share my thoughts on gyaru
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What got you into gyaru?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forever Gyaru :: Casual :: General Discussion-
Jump to: