Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Costume dye gone awry!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadyBee

PostSubject: Costume dye gone awry!    Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:06 am

I bleached my hair about a week and a half ago and sprayed it black for cosplay today. When I went to wash it out, about 80% came out, but the leftovers made my hair an olive-ish ugly greenish-blondish, so, I do not really know what to do about this because it has never happened before! It was cheap colour, so I am thinking it will fade; do you gals have any suggestion on how to get rid of this? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taylalatbh

PostSubject: Re: Costume dye gone awry!    Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:44 pm

I would say just keep washing it. Otherwise your next choice would be to dye it again. But if you're going to be using bleach again then you're just asking for your hair to break off and fall out.

Bleaching your hair is very stressful for your hair. Especially if there was hair dye on there before. If the dye doesn't come out after a few more washes, your next options are either to bleach it again (which is VERY damaging, I can't stress this enough) or to dye it again with a darker colour, to cover the old colour.

If you need any more advise please let me know, I'm pretty good with hair dyes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://helloandkawaii.blogspot.com
raspberrypie

PostSubject: Re: Costume dye gone awry!    Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:31 am

You could try washing your hair with deap cleansing shampoo. It will help with getting rid of the nasty shade. Nodding I think you could find some from a supermarket even, but hairdresser sure has. (I know from experience that deep cleansing can fade some of color dyed with permanent dyes too Horrified )

Also, maybe after washing hair with deep cleanse (and the shade still is there) you could try covering that shade with the dyes that last for 24 washes or so. They don't have any bleaching stuffs in them so they won't really damage your hair but will help cover the unwanted shade of... greyish green? I know my friends use them to turn light yellowish-blonde into platinum. Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Costume dye gone awry!    

Back to top Go down

Costume dye gone awry!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1