Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LovelyLittleDolls

PostSubject: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Has anyone have any ugly duckling to beautiful swan transformation? If you have please post pics and explain your story hehe Wave

I guess I should start by posting mine. But I think I went more from ugly duckling to average looking swan LOL

This is me somewhere near the end of 2009 (and yes that is Selena Gomez, but that's another story):

Obviously I look very young here. I was very chubby and I still had some of my baby fat. I haven't started wearing make-up and circle lenses and I haven't got retainers for my teeth so it's still crooked. I think this is the ugliest point in my life haha. I was also still very childish and tomboyish here. I still wore the clothes my mother chose LOL.

This is me after I moved to Indonesia somewhere around April 2011 (I'm the one in the middle):

I dyed my hair a orangey brown (I hated the color personally, it was the hair stylist's fault). After dying my hair it turned into a frizzy fuzzball. I damaged it (I regret dyeing it now) and it was terrible. I also started wearing make up (but no circle lenses). I wore powder, little mascara, and lip balm. But I started getting acne problems due to puberty *facepalm* My fashion style also started being a little more mainstream (almost hipstery).

And now this is me last week, nearly 3 years later since the first picture (sorry the most recent pic I have is a blurry iTouch photo):

I started wearing circle lenses, I dyed my hair a dark brown, grew it out, straightened it out by using anti-frizz hair products, and perfected my make-up and fashion choice. I'm more girly now. I'm interested in gyaru. My skin cleared up due to my regime of using skin-care products, my skin has a nice pale healthy glow since I started to eat more healthily. I lost a lot of my baby fat (but I'm still chubby and fat haha). I think I look pretty good now (or at least pretty average). Everyone tells me that I look so different. Wave It's true- I do feel different, but in a good way. my behavior is also more mature and I am more open to different perspectives now. I think that I finally transform into an average swan (lol not yet quite beautiful) but I think I look better than I have ever been in years.

EDIT: This picture I took this morning haha.

ANOTHER EDIT: This is me as of November - December 2012.

So what's your ugly duckling to beautiful swan transformation? Meh 2 I'd love to hear other people's story!

Last edited by gisellaaa on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyBee

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:54 pm

I too have only gone from ugly duckling to so-so swan (but compared to the first picture of me I'M A BEAUTY QUEEN XD)

This was me about...er, I wanna say circa 2006? Basically, my mom was still picking out my clothes and I was in about 5th grade, so of course I didn't wear makeup or anything, and...my hair kind of did that style by itself. (Ah, how I do miss the days when I could get up, just brush my hair and teeth and go to school!)

One year later...

(Still only about 11 in that picture, so I didn't wear makeup...)

When I started wearing glasses. And I basically wore only t-shirts, hoodies, and skinny jeans...so...pretty bland, to be honest XD

About a year later...

The main part of my VK stage. (I miss that hair very much!)

My first try at gal! It was fairly pathetic.

Current me! :3

(Sorry for this majour spam of ugly pictures XD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LovelyLittleDolls

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:22 am

LadyBee wrote:
I too have only gone from ugly duckling to so-so swan (but compared to the first picture of me I'M A BEAUTY QUEEN XD)

This was me about...er, I wanna say circa 2006? Basically, my mom was still picking out my clothes and I was in about 5th grade, so of course I didn't wear makeup or anything, and...my hair kind of did that style by itself. (Ah, how I do miss the days when I could get up, just brush my hair and teeth and go to school!)

One year later...

(Still only about 11 in that picture, so I didn't wear makeup...)

When I started wearing glasses. And I basically wore only t-shirts, hoodies, and skinny jeans...so...pretty bland, to be honest XD

About a year later...

The main part of my VK stage. (I miss that hair very much!)

My first try at gal! It was fairly pathetic.

Current me! :3

(Sorry for this majour spam of ugly pictures XD)

Ahh yes I 100% agree with you!
Back then no one really cared how everyone else looked like xD So I could just get up, brush my teeth, brush my hair (occasionally LOL), and just go to school. Life was definitely easier then~

BTW I think you look great in all of the pictures! Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyBee

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:44 am

gisellaaa wrote:
Ahh yes I 100% agree with you!
Back then no one really cared how everyone else looked like xD So I could just get up, brush my teeth, brush my hair (occasionally LOL), and just go to school. Life was definitely easier then~

BTW I think you look great in all of the pictures! Wave

Haha, yes, what a shame indeed! And now getting ready is like an hour and a half-long affair Meh 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chertel

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:08 am

honestly, i dont have like any pics of me from back in the day. the only old ones i have are from my emo stage so i guess the story starts from there....

srry if the pics r big...too lazy to make them smaller.yeah i had really bad acne back then so i had to edit my photos and make them all bright so u wouldnt see them

in early 2009 i got my first popteen mag and honestly thats whats really changed it all. i was gradually changing in this is me in 10th grade and i wore falsies every now n then. i like my bangs xD

this pic is from last summer but i pretty much look the same. i dyed my hair at the end of 2009 to a dark brown and then eventually my hair colour went lighter and lighter and i also bought my first circle lens early 2010

now at school i wear falsies everyday, but contacts only on late start days. yeah i like gyaru me way better than emo me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LovelyLittleDolls

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:22 am

Wow! We all look so different (in a good way) Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
noitsnot

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:01 am

Last edited by noitsnot on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeachyShrooms

PostSubject: Heyyy   Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Omgoodness you're all so pretty!! Like even before~
That's basically how I was tho like tomboy to emoish then gal &I love it :3

I'll be back and post my pics when I'm at home on my laptop tho Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:26 am

realy ugly and fat, with 15 years.. it was a terrible time for me Tears but, I wasn´t interested in make up, style or anything.. I was realy like a tomboy xD and it takes many time to find my style.

12 years later..this pic is 2 days old... thanks god Bow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiwiihewitt

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:06 pm

Well, we all change with time.. we mostly do to improve! *u* You all are so pretty!

Here's mine [I really was an ugly duckling] Crying :

I'm the one on the left, this was 2009

A year after

End of 2011

Today, I don't think I'm a beautiful swan... but we are getting there ^^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:44 am

@kiwiihewitt: In my mind you´re a really pretty swan your transformation is amazing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiwiihewitt

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Avi-chan wrote:
@kiwiihewitt: In my mind you´re a really pretty swan your transformation is amazing

aww thanks so much Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerisacake

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:39 pm

you're all so beautiful! here is mine:

2008 - mid 2010 - yesterday! used to wear very light eye makeup and no lenses. also my hair was much shorter and is now brown (:

Last edited by brbshopping on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jerisacake.tumblr.com.au/
LadyBee

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:10 pm

brbshopping wrote:
you're all so beautiful! here is mine:

mid 2010 - yesterday! used to wear very light eye makeup and no lenses. also my hair was much shorter and is now brown (:

You have such pretty lips!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerisacake

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:03 pm

LadyBee wrote:
You have such pretty lips!

thank you so much!! Kiss-kiss
Back to top Go down
Avi-chan

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:50 am

@brbshopping: you never was an ugly duckling!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerisacake

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:24 am

Avi-chan wrote:
@brbshopping: you never was an ugly duckling!

LOL thank you, neither were you! so pretty Smile

i added another one from 08 to show more difference!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?   

Back to top Go down

Ugly duckling to Beautiful Swan transformation?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1