Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

My last Gyaru make-up attempt...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LovelyLittleDolls

PostSubject: My last Gyaru make-up attempt...   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi everyone,
This is my last Gyaru make-up attempt and the reason for that is that because it doesn't suit me at all.
I've tried it dozens of times, but I hate how it looks on me. But I love how it looks on the models.

For example, when I try to recreate the looks and the outfits (I'm more into Otona Gyaru style, a blend between the cute modern style of Tsubasa Masuwaka's to Ena Matsumoto's chic and urban fashion), it doesn't look good on me. No matter if it looks good on the model and even if the outfits are 100% copied from the model herself (i.e. using authentic Japanese brands, finding a replica of it, etc.), it still doesn't look good on me.  Tears

It just doesn't match me.

The make-up looks too heavy and mature for me (my face looks weird with heavy make-up) and the outfits can sometimes be weird looking on me too (yup I have a weird body). It looks great on the models, but it looks like crap on me.

So I'm sorry to announce that no, I will not be following the Gyaru style anymore. Although, I'll always love and appreciate the style and it will always have a special part in me.

There are a lot of you here who rocks the style but it just doesn't suit me.
So I'm really sorry to have to announce this.

So what am I going to do next?
I'm still definitely going to be into Japanese fashion & beauty, my style will be more of a modern general Japanese fashion (like in the magazines of JJ, non-no, CanCam and Seventeen Japan). I'll probably still follow the Otona Gyaru style, and maybe have my own Otona Gyaru inspired style.

Am I still going to be in the Gyaru Community?
Well I was never really a big part of the Gaijin Gyaru community, but I am somewhat active in Forever Gyaru. Yes, I'll still be active in this forum but I won't be posting as much.

So here is my last Gyaru make-up attempt. Who knows, maybe when I'm older I'll follow the style and maybe I would have 'grown into' it by that time. But for now, no more gyaru for me.

Also, all criticism and comments would be nice to hear!  Wave

So thank you all for being extremely supportive and helpful to me. You all have become like one big family to me, and what I love about the Gyaru community is our constant support of each other.

Okay so here is my last and final attempt at Gyaru =make-up!  Meh 2

(PS. Sorry for the awkward faces and shitty webcam quality. I tried to put emphasis on the eye make and my webcam is - as of always - shitty).

My Eyemake Wave :

So, what do you think?  wave
Again, thanks again everyone for your support - I honestly appreciated it. So sorry having to announce this, but I had a really fun time talking and befriending some of y'all!

Last edited by LovelyLittleDolls on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyBee

PostSubject: Re: My last Gyaru make-up attempt...   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:29 pm

I think it looks adorable on you, but I'm glad your moving on to a style that you feel suits you better Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miwa1538

PostSubject: Re: My last Gyaru make-up attempt...   Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Your eye makeup is awesome dear! >.<

I'm so sorry of your decision. But fashion isn't about 'What I want to wear' but 'What I'm comfy to wear'. So as long as you're happy with it, that's you to go with it~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/rebiaiber
LovelyLittleDolls

PostSubject: Re: My last Gyaru make-up attempt...   Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:12 am

LadyBee wrote:
I think it looks adorable on you, but I'm glad your moving on to a style that you feel suits you better Smile

Well, thank you! And yes, I'll definitely miss my Gyaru days, but sometimes you just grow out of a style Wave

miwa1538 wrote:

I'm so sorry of your decision. But fashion isn't about 'What I want to wear' but 'What I'm comfy to wear'. So as long as you're happy with it, that's you to go with it~

Aww, thank you! I'm glad you think so. Wave
Yes, I understand that and that's another reason why I've decided to 'graduate' out of Gyaru style.

(PS. It's nice to see another fellow Indonesian here, LOL).

Last edited by gisellaaa on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miwa1538

PostSubject: Re: My last Gyaru make-up attempt...   Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 am

gisellaaa wrote:

miwa1538 wrote:

Aww, thank you! I'm glad you think so. Wave
Yes, I understand that and that's another reason why I've decided to 'graduate' out of Gyaru style.

(PS. It's nice to see another fellow Indonesian here, LOL).

Because I understand your feeling dear XDD more or less, so. I was graduated too from a certain style and moved into gyaru style.

Change is very nice, without losing the true oneself right. So there you go~ Semangat~ XD

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/rebiaiber
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My last Gyaru make-up attempt...   

Back to top Go down

My last Gyaru make-up attempt...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1