Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

EGG/ Gal magazine album??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mizukodomo14

PostSubject: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Wed May 06, 2009 4:52 pm

I know we have a gallery, but I think it'd be nice to devote one part of it just to magazines like EGG, since not everyone is going to want/have the time to put into finding the magazines and the updates, I think if every time someone comes across a new one, they should put it here :3 makes life easier yea? and it would also help keep people up to date with the newest trends in the Gal world :3
but idk, what do you think?
too much effort? not enough room/ time ect. ect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Teitei2.devianART.com
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Thu May 07, 2009 2:33 pm

You mean Japanese magazines? Mainly the ones that cater to young women and teenage girls. Hmmm, good idea but during this recession I'd be extra careful with copyright material. If you don't want to put effort in to researching your style then why even bother? The top gals do their own research and form their own ideas. You cannot really expect any kind of respect in the community otherwise. I am sorry but finding magazine downloads or any downloads is really easy. If you're too lazy to do that then how do you put effort and work in to your style? Let people find their own stuff or subscribe to ricoche.net

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Mizukodomo14

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Thu May 07, 2009 4:18 pm

hmmm I didn't think about it that way.
I was just thinking about that for people w/ a time crunch
but I guess your right
I often think I put too much effort into it, but then I think again... not really lol :3
a/w thanx for the impute! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BobaTea

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Thu May 07, 2009 5:07 pm

YanYan wrote:
You mean Japanese magazines? Mainly the ones that cater to young women and teenage girls. Hmmm, good idea but during this recession I'd be extra careful with copyright material. If you don't want to put effort in to researching your style then why even bother? The top gals do their own research and form their own ideas. You cannot really expect any kind of respect in the community otherwise. I am sorry but finding magazine downloads or any downloads is really easy. If you're too lazy to do that then how do you put effort and work in to your style? Let people find their own stuff or subscribe to ricoche.net
I personally find this statement to be a bit harsh.
i know of many gyaru who cant afford or dont have a debit/credit card to buy magazines such as ranzuki, egg,scawaii...etc.
I know when I first started the style I didnt know what to look up because I had no clue what was right from left when it came to gal style. thankfully there where those sites who had magazines scans so that I had inpspiration for make-up and clothes.
In order to become an esbalished gyaru and start setting your own trneds you have to take lessons from those who came before!
As far as respect goes i've never heard of anyone being disrespected because they used a fashion mag for inspiration.
i agree that if thats all the gal or gyaru-o ever does then..that isnt so great but isnt that whay gyaru is...following the latest trends?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/charmydoll/
BobaTea

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Thu May 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Mizukodomo14 wrote:
hmmm I didn't think about it that way.
I was just thinking about that for people w/ a time crunch
but I guess your right
I often think I put too much effort into it, but then I think again... not really lol :3
a/w thanx for the impute! Very Happy
mizuko check out gogogyaru on myspace if you really need scans
or
gal factory.
Check out my post"where to look" it has a lot of helpful locatons for gal stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/charmydoll/
Mizukodomo14

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Thu May 07, 2009 5:40 pm

I actually know where to find such magazines and what not- but I thought maybe I could post them here if that was alright, and if one of the mods could start a gallery that'd be great but meh.
Back to top Go down
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Fri May 08, 2009 9:34 am

BobaTea wrote:
I personally find this statement to be a bit harsh.
i know of many gyaru who cant afford or dont have a debit/credit card to buy magazines such as ranzuki, egg,scawaii...etc.
I know when I first started the style I didnt know what to look up because I had no clue what was right from left when it came to gal style. thankfully there where those sites who had magazines scans so that I had inpspiration for make-up and clothes.
In order to become an esbalished gyaru and start setting your own trneds you have to take lessons from those who came before!
As far as respect goes i've never heard of anyone being disrespected because they used a fashion mag for inspiration.
i agree that if thats all the gal or gyaru-o ever does then..that isnt so great but isnt that whay gyaru is...following the latest trends?

A bit harsh? I think you took what I meant in the wrong way. I never said buy the magazines because I know people don't have means of buying them in most circumstances. I was saying it's easy to download the files off the internet plus do you want this forum taking down for hosting copyright infringed images? Post links to downloads don't have an album otherwise the forum can be taken down by the providers. I didn't mean inspiration I meant when people copy the outfits exactly, inspiration + your own initiative is fine but copying outfits literally is just bad. Also I know far too many gals who go 'if it is not exactly in a magazine you cannot wear it' which is why I don't think people should rely too heavily on magazines, after all this is a street fashion. Relying too heavily on magazines to the point that if the precise outfit or object isn't in there doesn't show true style. But don't forget about hosting copyright material.

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Fri May 08, 2009 11:49 am

YanYan makes a good point about hosting the magazine scans in the forum's gallery; Ricoche now has to have subscribers who pay a fee to view and download their magazine scans. Otherwise, they'd have been in a lot of trouble. So, I think that you should have a 'Magazine Scans' section and then post topics with download links eg. Egg April 2009 Issue or Ageha February 2008 Issue etc etc That way you'll avoid the copyright infringement and people who are uncertain of where to download the scans will be able to easily find them.

And I partly agree with YanYan about following magazines to the letter but also partly don't. You have to follow the general trend, obviously; Marine style seems to be in according to Egg magazine although it's getting kind of old in England now lol But if you copy the outfits exactly well, you'll look good, don't get me wrong, but people will be able to tell that you copied and it's better to be just that bit original anyway.

And yeah, there aren't rules for Gyaru style, there are guidelines. Some Western Gals seem to make up these rules and stick to them as if they were the only truth in the World. But back on topic, no, don't host them in the gallery, instead, host the links. Don't put the forum at risk Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hello-kokoro

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Fri May 08, 2009 7:46 pm

yanyan makes a good point but she needs to doa little research on the legal def of infringment and the rights and free royalties the public eye of interwebz have .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/minniemanba
Chertel

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   Fri May 08, 2009 8:11 pm

http://cherrypop.over-blog.com/

^ the site i use that updates on some magizine and fashions ect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EGG/ Gal magazine album??   

Back to top Go down

EGG/ Gal magazine album??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1