Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Foundation for oily skin? Helppppp!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadyBee

PostSubject: Foundation for oily skin? Helppppp!   Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:45 pm

For almost four years, I've been wearing only concealer but that's getting kind of pricey. My skin is super oily, so foundation either, A, goes on incredibly soupy and stays that way, or B, slides right off. I have to use so much powder that it's either soupy or cakey >.>

Any of you gals have this problem and know of a good foundation? My sister swears by MAC's foundation, but MAC is even more expensive than just continuing my concealer-only lifestyle. Suggestions? :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pootboot

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for oily skin? Helppppp!   Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Um, well there's an old drag trick where before you put on your foundation you brush on a layer of milk of magnesia on before putting on your foundation. It's pretty common and some people swear by it: here it is on makeup alley I don't 100% condone it though because it is not meant for the skin, I suggest doing some research on it if you're interested. Some other products that might work for you is make up setting spray or primer.

A good cheap foundation for oily skin is Revlon Colourstay for oily/combination skin, it is kind of runny though. Besides that I was thinking of some other foundations but I think they are also in the MAC price range, they are really thick though basically the consistency of concealer, because of that, they will also last you a really long time:

Kat Von D Foundation
Kryolan Foundation (or paint stick)
RMCA foundation (you can buy a sample online here for 4 dollars) and even that'll probably last you a while.
Vichy Dermablend

Also I don't mean to pry, but I'm wondering are you doing any skin care regimen or cleansing before you put on your make up? I'm just wondering how it can be soupy from the very beginning.  Question 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyBee

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for oily skin? Helppppp!   Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:03 pm

I posted this a year ago so I do not really have this problem too often anymore!  Meh 2 But thank you for your reply!

The old formulation of ColourStay was what I used to use, but...well, even the oily/combo version now is worse than it used to be. (As you mentioned, runny!) I have recently started using Wet 'n Wild's coverall cream...super cheap but the best foundation I have used to so far.

As far as skin care directly before I put my makeup on, I wash my face and use a toning moisturizer underneath my makeup. With the Colourstay, though, my problem was that right when I would put it on, it would just kind of...sit there. Not much coverage, and if you used a drop too much, it was just an oil slick! >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xNativeBarbiex

PostSubject: oily makeup    Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:29 am

I used to have the same problem but then i found out revlon's colorstay foundation has oil in it and alcohol whick causes it to sink in the pores and oxidize while become very oily like.YUCK! I as well swear by milk of magnesia. It works well but just make sure zo get the original kind with no sugar and flavoring .i had to stop using it for a while though because eversince I turned 19, my skin has changed dramatically. Its now overly sensitive to many things now and i cant even drink milk unless it soy.smh Eh? sorry bout blabbing on haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for oily skin? Helppppp!   

Back to top Go down

Foundation for oily skin? Helppppp!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1