Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Random Chat Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Random Chat Thread   Sun May 31, 2009 1:47 pm

This is a random chat thread ^_^ I thought you guys needed one........ well actually that's a lie currently I need sanity! If anyone has seen the stuff happening to the UK gals. Please give me some sanity! How's the weather where you are? It's been so~ hot here in the UK and by hot I mean 27 degrees which is hot for us ^_^ Yeah.... sucks XD What are your plans for the summer?

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
GlitterBrat

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sun May 31, 2009 2:50 pm

There is sooo much sun right now! I LOVE it! It's a miracle that the North gets any sun at all and now I can't get away from the thing! Very Happy I'm planning to spend most on the summer in Nando's. I luuuuuuve the chicken there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sun May 31, 2009 3:14 pm

i am a bit lost...^^;
are the UK gals ok?
clue m in a bit!
you need sanity? XD
ok then i will get on that~
haha! weather here
is really stormy.
i hate it so much.
i am scared to death
of loud noises...>_>;;;
but otherwise hot! =]
i am sorry to hear
that its so cold up
;O; there. no fun~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carmel

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sun May 31, 2009 8:11 pm

Wait, does the 'stuff hapening to the UK gals' have to do with the BBC article about 'ganguro' gals or something?
Sorry, I've only heard about it really -_-'
But randomness~
Oi I have three weeks of school left.
Finals my god....
I have to take a test on The Good Earth
I can't explain how awkward that's going to be (seeing how immature my class is)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 am

Here's what I know as someone who is only partially involved through the people I know;

LadyLi contacted the BBC and subsequently an online article about ganguro was written. However, the article was poorly written and filled with simple style beginner mistakes because the reporter had decided that she would do her own research and not consult LadyLi or any other people who followed the style at all. So when the article was published, other Gals naturally had things to say about it. One person in particular, Koneko of Hibiscgyaru, posted a comment on the article and LadyLi took extreme offence to it and before long they were going tooth and claw at eachother via the internet. A gyaru_fucks post was made, two threads on ricoche were created (which the moderators have now locked due to non-Gal members signing up to leave 'messages' in LadyLi's stead), KeiKei has been apologising profusely for LadyLi's behavior on the Hibiscgyaru forums (which she is now banned from) and the interview has been cancelled because the reporter in question was loving the fighting and encouraging it to get a story.

The cirs were dragged into it and while some (like me) have opted to not comment on the argument threads at all, others have gotten involved to defend themselves and it has all escalated from there. On top of that, LadyLi also has a Japanese Gal friend caleld Satomi who is one of the 'real deal' Shibuya Gals in a Galcircle and Satomi became very critical of Hibiscgyaru, effectively saying neither her or her circle would want to associate with them because of how they looked and behaved. Then the personal attacks started on Koneko and Niijii's facebook accounts by LadyLi and her outside friends.

Now what seems to have happened is that LadyLi has gathered together her Uni mates and they've gone down to London to search out Koneko and Niijii. No-one has managed to contact LadyLi since the argument started either, so no-one is sure what is going on. It's compeletely ridiculous and utterly humiliating to be associated with it. It was all one BIG misunderstanding caused by the reporter doing what reporters do, i.e. research, and getting it completely wrong.

So now you know what's happened. Because of this I, for one, am moving away from the online gyaru communities to just stay as a circle of friends off of the internet. This whole affair is incredibly embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 am

wow....i am almost ashamed to be gyaru after reading that jazz!
gals, we need to make a difference! we need to be the nice new gen gyarus~
how that sound? >w< we can represent all that is patience and understanding
for all the japanese styles out there~...even though most of
us aren't even japanese. XD lol!!! well ok then.
we can just be different is all i am saying~ also! do you know if they brought
up the gyaru cir dreemey at all? i sure hope not. ;O;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carmel

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:05 pm

Ooh, that's what happened? Thank you for explaining HiKitty!
I heard of it ad saw part of the article but truly, I had absolutely o idea what was going on (I'm kind of slow with this kind of stuff)
Now I kind of feel like the gyaru name isn't looking too good to people who have no idea what gyaru is.
Because what if all they associate us with is this incident?
Oiii...anyway.

Ahhh I'm having a math test in two days. Sad
But then only 15 days left til school is over!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:53 am

As a leader of one of the cirs involved I feel great embarrassment and shame. LadyLi has been banned from our cir because she has now taken it upon herself to go all the way down to London with a mob of people so 'put them (hibiscgyaru) in their place'. The old leader of our cir came back to help me out (as I'm in the middle of my GCSEs which are important exams that you sit at sixteen in the UK) and we're taking certain measures to repair the damage done. Please do not think badly of either cir as this only should involve two people (LadyLi and Koneko). I personally never knew LadyLi could get so violent over something so petty. LadyLi broke two of our most crucial rules in the cir:
3. Never act in a way that would endanger the cirís reputation
4. Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere in the world.
11. Always be polite

It saddens me greatly that the gyaru world can get so nasty and violent, we're not the Yakuza for crying out loud! But this whole situation made me realise what is wrong with the western community. We're too busy trying to rip each other apart or impress each other to just live gyaru. The Japanese gals don't live in such a way, they just go out and live gyaru instead of wasting time on petty communities. They also call their fellow gals 'the sisterhood' shouldn't we follow their example?

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:55 am

yan yan i must say i totally agree.
we have sights that are specifically made for
tormenting young gals.
we have to much pride to let stuff go.
and we are all to busy looking like a japan
style to notice one important detail of that
very same style. sisterhood!
just because i am not part of one cir does not
make that cir bad, in fact all others cirs
should seem good to us. they can help
support us~ we can all learn from
this. and all of us should. birds os a feather
flock together~ thats simple really!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mizukodomo14

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:00 pm

*smacks head on desk... repeatedly*
><; I'm sorry UK gals!! I hope this all gets sorted out, geeze what a mess...
yan-yan, hang in there!! Us American Gals are still sane!! (it probably helps theres few of us congregated in one spot... unless you count California and New York, or even Hawaii, but they're basically there own countries lol)

In other News: It's been rainy here in SUNNY CO!! >>; you stole our sun shine UK *shake fist* meh, out for the summer! full time baby-sitting which is exciting!! :3 by the end of the week, I'll have 100 dollars, and that's WITHOUT my other regular costumer!! *0* I'm uuber excited Very Happy that means I'll be updating my wardrobe some, I really need some overalls and possibly 1 or two new skirts :3 I do most of my shopping at thrift/ consignment stores (i'm a cheep skate lol) and I'm planing for Hello Kitty's birthday this year!! (November first- MARK IT) I'm going all out, from undies to wallet (I do almost every year haha) I just need to update it a little bit more.

I hope this was rambling/ distracting enough for you!! again, I hope this all gets settled soon, or it might spill out all over the world, and not in a good way I'm afraid ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Teitei2.devianART.com
siusiu

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:21 pm

Wow, I must say, all that business between LadyLi and Koneko is just ridiculous!
I totally agree with Hikitty, the gals in Japan treat all their friends like sisters.
It is completely and utterly stupid. And it sends a bad image to Western gyaru,
which shouldn't be happening.

I think we should all get along Smile
Thankfully, there's nothing like that going on on this forum, ahaha
Let's keep the peace gals! :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carmel

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Mizuku, the weather here is the same!
We were walking outside during gym and it just started pouring! my hair frizzed up all the way it was hilarious.

I agree with everyone! We are a sisterhood, we shouldn't be trying to rip each other into pieces. We should try to help others!
This whole thing is very ridiculous, but I do not respect hibiscgyaru or the Red Neko Gals any less either way.
Good luck sorting this all out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hello-kokoro

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Lady Li got mad at mi because she was on the livejournal community: gyaru fucks (but hey a lot of us @ our worst are on there. Im on there,haha) anyways
The interviwe thing popped up and I put my input. She's not that gal,imo. When I told her how great her gal makeup was on facebook she said it was just for halloween and she wasn't gal and then I turn around and BAM! Shes all over ricoche and what-not. I think just because you have a real gal as a friend adn you whore your name on myspace doesn't make you gal. If its not her herself that ruined it, Its her attitude: It makes her plain ugly

I think gals should really help eachother out grow and develop. No one likes a bitch at the end of the day
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/minniemanba
musicNlace

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:25 pm

I agree with all of you! Can't we all just get along? kawaii *hugs*

Western Gals have to uphold the honor of the fashion, and not let a petty skirmish tarnish our reputation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hello-kokoro

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:34 pm

poor shaka is getting bashed too now for defending fellow gyarus D;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/minniemanba
Carmel

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Aww, really? What happened?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yukarinn0207
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:54 am

why's he gettin bashed? o.o
who's he defending?

http://mixi.jp/show_profile.pl?id=16616292&from=navi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forever-gyaru.forumotion.com
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:13 pm

carrotcake2 wrote:
poor shaka is getting bashed too now for defending fellow gyarus D;
No, from what I've read he has made a few enemies, particularly on the community 'Gyaru_Secrets' for his immature and offensive remarks. He's offended a good few people and they've told him what they think. He got the fuck post because that person thought his make-up was fuck worthy, not because they particularly hated him because he was defending people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:26 pm

OMG! i feel cursed even discussing this drama~
we better be RWALLY careful gals, the last thing we
want is too become part of all this crud! O___O;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emiko

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:07 am

Is there any way we could read the article just to get a better idea of what's causing the fighting? Oh and I'm really sorry that this is all happening to you guys over there. If I could I would be over there for moral support, but I can't, so yeah...this'll have to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/hanagem/index.html
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:26 am

I can't remember where to find this article but it was BAD; the reporter got it sooo wrong. Then suddenly everyone came in with their two cents and story to tell and it just spiralled out of hand within the space of a few hours. Then because of the fighting, I think some people have taken it as a form of permission to settle old grudges and show what they really think without being bashed themselves, that's why Hibiscgyaru has gotten a lot of fuck posts recently. It's pretty bad. Then Shaka came into the argument, made one slip up comment and suddenly everyone who had a grudge and even those that were just onlookers seemed to pounce.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carmel

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:41 am

I'm pretty sure this is the article:
http://bbcyourstory.com/2009/05/28/the-ganguro/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 am

Yeah that's the one. Bad right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:53 pm

RED NEKO GALS! koneko said "red neko gals" to ladyli~
isn't that your gal cir hikitty? are you ladyli? or am i lost? ^^;
OUCH! das rough~ they are really getting mean! ;O;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:09 pm

LadyLi was the co-leader of Red Neko Gals or CH/\IMU along with myself, Red Neko Gals has now been disbanded and we have reformed under a brand new name and brand new forum. We wish to disassociate ourselves from LadyLi and our former image.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Chat Thread   

Back to top Go down

Random Chat Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next