Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Utada Hikaru This Is The One (2009 English Studio Album)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Utada Hikaru This Is The One (2009 English Studio Album)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:02 pm

This Is the One (album)

Released: March 14, 2009
Recorded: 2007 - 2009
Genre: R&B, pop
Label: Island
Producer: Stargate, Christopher "Tricky" Stewart

This Is the One is the upcoming album by Japanese-American pop singer Hikaru Utada. This will be Utada's third English language album and her eighth studio album overall. The album was originally set to be released in Japan on March 4, 2009; however, the album was pushed back to March 14, 2009. The album will be released on March 24, 2009 in the United States. Utada, however, has questioned her and Island Records' ability to release it as early as has been announced.

Background

On October 23, 2007, Utada wrote a message on her Japanese blog stating that she was working on her next English album.

Recording
Utada worked with various other artists on several tracks, including the Stargate produced "Apple and Cinnamon" and sometime later at least one other currently unknown track produced by Christopher "Tricky" Stewart. On January 9, her subject-exclusive blog indicated that she was nearing completion of the album, and said of the work involved, "If this were a live show, I’m at the painful part about 2 songs before the break for the encore." She also stated that, upon completion of the album production, she would post her first new English blog message of the year. Official Japanese and English press releases posted online January 22 confirmed that Utada had worked with famed producers Stargate as well as C. “Tricky” Stewart, and that the album's recording had taken place in New York, Atlanta, and Tokyo, and 10 songs were written (by her) for the project. In a blog post dated January 31st, Utada mentioned that she had on that day decided on the sequence of songs and that the album was soon to be mastered. She also wrote that the title would soon be announced. In a recent issue of WHAT'S IN? Japanese Magazine, two more track titles were revealed (Poppin' and Automatic Part II) and other significant tidbits of information regarding the upcoming release, with a highlight in Utada having reportedly only been in the studio with Stargate for roughly one hour, with most everything else regarding the album's production being done transferring data from Japan back to New York or Norway. Utada's Japanese Site revealed the official tracklisting and cover art for what is at least the final Japanese version of the album, along with a new profile picture.

Confirmed Tracks

The album will feature at least 10 songs written by Utada. 6 songs produced by Stargate, and 4 songs produced by Tricky Stewart.

* Come Back To Me: This song was released as the album's first single, and was produced by Stargate.[10] The song has been described as a 'slower, R&B mid-tempo ballad'. Utada wrote "Come Back To Me" in order to say "Hey, look! I can write this Pop of a Pop song."
* Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence – FYI: According to Utada's myspace page, this song includes samples from experimental pianist Ryuichi Sakamoto and references to the film "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence". Also, she recalls this song as a central moment in determining her final vision of the album. "I recorded the demo in December of 2007," she says, "but it was a difficult song, and I wasn’t satisfied with it — I had to try to get to the bottom of it. And then just a few months ago, I suddenly came up with the right lyrics, changed the melody in places, and it made sense." Stargate are apparently the ones who initially asked Utada to listen to the Sakamoto Ryuichi song “Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence,” proclaiming they had a good idea for a track.
* Me Muero: This song was described as "flirty" and "sophisticated", and is also Utada's personal favorite track on the album. Me Muero translates to "I die" or "I'm dying" in Spanish. It is said to have a Latin flavor. Produced by Stargate.
* Apple & Cinnamon: Described as "breezy", Utada recalls that this song came almost too easily to her. Produced by Stargate. It's been described as a mid-tempo track about men and women.
* On And On: This is a track produced by Tricky Stewart. A fun track; has the phrase "gay parade".
* Taking My Money Back
* Poppin': Originally called 'The Austin Powers' Song'.
* Automatic Part II: This was the last track to receive a title. The song is said to act as a way of connecting the album together as a whole. It is sort of a mash-up between the music of Utada and “Utada Hikaru,” as a way of showing fans that the two really are born of the same person.

Track Listings

1. "Come Back to Me"
2. "Me Muero"
3. "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI"
4. "Apple and Cinnamon"
5. "Taking My Money Back"
6. "This One (Crying Like a Child)"
7. "Automatic Part II"
8. "Dirty Desire"
9. "Poppin'"
10. "On and On"

Japanese Bonus Tracks
11. "Come Back To Me (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Radio Edit)"
12. "Come Back To Me (Quentin Harris Radio Edit)"

Release Dates
March 14, 2009 Japan
March 24, 2009 United States

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/

Utada Hikaru This Is The One (2009 English Studio Album)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1