Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Hello everyone! New here to the forums, but not new to the lifestyle! Im Mimiru of the ive-cir located in St. Louis!

We are called Wishful!

If you would like to check us out, or interested in joining or meeting up or becoming friends, you can find us on myspace currently at:

http://www.myspace.com/stlouisgalcir

We update often and the page is still young. We are not used to being online, so this is a bit new. ^.^ However since we are growing as a circle, we decided, Hey! let's go to the world wide web! So! Hello everyone!

i hope to make friends with many of you, and possibly meet with you in the future!!!

Peace all of you with love and life-long happiness!!!

Mimiru

Last edited by MimiruParaChan on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*DreemeyGal*Yuna*

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:11 am

oh dear exciting exciting

Dreemey is another St. Louis Area Gal Cir

Quite grand to see another one from the area Smile

I'm checking out your myspace nowwww

Have a splendid day
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/dreemey
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:29 am

Do your members attend miitsu's in Gal attire then? I don't understand how it can be a Gal cir if not everyone is into Gal style... just my view.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobaTea

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:52 am

I agree with hikitty.
Unless your gal meets are don strictly in gal style then I dont see how you can really call it a gal-cir...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/charmydoll/
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:35 am

I agree, a gyarusaa is a group of gyarus, the Harajuku fashions have their own groups. Feel free to mix by all means but do not call it a gyarusaa as it isn't one. It's bad enough that loads of 'gyarusaas' in the western world don't think they need to dress gyaru at attending a miitsu; but actually calling it a gyarusaa when other fashions (not even from the same district of Tokyo) are allowed in it cannot constitute a gyarusaa.

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:35 pm

But good luck getting off the ground Very Happy Seeing as you're all about bringing the different fashions under one umbrella (albeit a misnamed one) how about you call your group Diversity?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:58 pm

We do attend miitsu in gal style, but unofficial meets, those interested in other stlyes dress the way they want. Like for lives and conventions and other mixed events. We all have our favorite gal style and stick to that for our galcir events. If it is unofficial or we happen to run into each other, not all of the girls are strictly gal. I am just about always gal, having thrown away my lolita long ago (though sometimes I get desire to *blush*).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Ah see you really didn't make that clear. To me it sounded as if you were collecting together members of every jfashion style available, clumping them all together and sticking the 'gyaru-sa' label on it. Just because one thing might be called something doesn't mean it is. Now you've explained it I now understand better what you meant, however I don't see the need to advertise yourself as a gyaru-sa that includes members who are lolita and visual kei followers. You'll get penalized for it if you're not careful, Western gyaru will think you're a joke. Not that you're joking, just that you're a joke. At least you edited it out of your post. (And sorry for sounding like the biggest bitch alive, there's no excuse for it I just wanted to tell you so you could avoid pissing off some of the more influential Western gyaru that actually will get on your case about it.)

And there's nothing wrong about getting the desire to dress Lolita or even being interested in it while being Gal at the same time. Himeka is a Japanese gyaru model for Ageha magazine and she dresses both Gal and Lolita (though with gyaru hair and make-up) on her free days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Yeah, it seems that I am terrible at explaining things, apparently. To be honest, I dont really feel too welcome here. I almost regret coming here. I was hoping to make friends and meet other gyaru not from this area, but it seems that I only make enemies. I dont know what to do.

I dont have a high rate of melanin in my skin, so it is very difficult for me to get dark when I tan. I used to be really dark, but then I quit tanning to try lolita. But I missed yamanba too much. I make a lot of reference to the old, dead yamanba style because that was my love. I understand that it is dead and updated to manba now, and I adjust to that, but that doesnt mean that I dont miss it. So I sometimes have to do the old style instead. Its just a part of me.

And Im sorry my makeup isnt good enough. I have really bad memory, and I tend to forget to pack my best supply when I go to events. My makeup also looks really bad because I am so ugly pale. I am trying to tan again, but it may take a couple months. It takes at least a month to get a light, base tan. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

And I dont appreciate the google comments about my japanese either. I know more than many people think, and not just about the language. I am constantly around the language and culture because of my nihon buyou and sensei (who is qualified by the japanese government to teach japanese and english). And yes, my sensei is Japanese.

But anyway, I am sure that some of the other gyaru will be signing up, so hopefully they wont get the cussing and treatment I got. I dont want that for them.

Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmiGal

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:53 am

Call your circle "Beach Bunny"!!!!

hahaha i would make that my circles name, but I dont have one Sad

and there are no gals where i live AT ALL SadSadSad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:55 am

Am I the only one who managed to not swear in this? Well it makes a change from what I really am like XD You seem to be like me, I can't naturally tan as I burn and go freckly, also English weather is a bit pants; I suggest trying out different fake tanners until you find the right one, it's what I did and I am really glad I did, in fact whilst you do it you could post a review about it maybe? You seemed like a decent enough person, if I came across as harsh I am sorry but I always do because I like to get to the point, I do it with every single gyaru on this forum. I just thought you needed a bit of work that's all and when you read my comments don't take offence just see the things I have outlined. I am here to help not to shred you to pieces (or I'd be one of the 'saintly' few on gyaru fucks). If you have any questions feel free to ask and any gyaru that starts acting like they know everything I'll come down on and hard (I may not weigh much but I am a heavy weight champion in deflating people's egos).

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:25 am

For any comments of mine that have caused offence, I apologise. I'm getting off my high horse now. As for feeling welcome or not it's a case of like it or lump it. There's been a clash of heads on this forum which I think was uncalled for but if you are brave enough to take the shit that's been thrown and bounce back I'll support you all the way. Prove them wrong; it's more satisfying than running.

I don't tan well and I have no intention of tanning in the near future as I have no problem being pale (I actually quite like it). You seem like a decent person to me also and likewise to YanYan I will answer any question you have to the best of my ability. We can learn together; I'm not perfect at gyaru fashion so no insults on appearance from me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:17 am

Hey, everyone needs to get out what they need to say, one way or another! I am a really understanding person, and I know if something is wrong, it is wrong regardless. Like if you miss an answer on a test, just because it is marked out in purple ink instead of red, doesnt mean its right. Its still wrong. I really do appreciate comments and such, so please just say them as they come. If they make me cry, oh well, I will get back up and try a new approach. Thats just the way I am. I cant stay down for long even though I may fall. I dont like missing the big game. ^_~ So its all good.

Yeah, I burn really easily too. So I have been only going in a bed for about 10 minutes 2x a week. Now, I am FINALLY starting to see some color, so now I can go 15 in a light bed without turning pink, but I still have a long ways to go. I am going to be trying out different lotions and bronzers too so I can see what is going to be best on my sensitive skin.

That would be a really cute name! But some of the others dont like such a 'cutesy' name. Sad But looks like we may be "Stormy", "Wishful" or "PinkStarlight". We have a new girl, but she is only familiar with lolita, but she is trying to convert to gyaru. She keeps trying to do more dark looks, but we keep going "GAH!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!???" And toss at her more colorful clothing (and getting rid of her frilly petticoats in the process! @.o lol). However, she did give me this idea to try with the traditional yamanba makeup style, and I want to work with it. If anyone wouldnt be opposed to it, could I maybe someday post a pic of it in the future??? I wouldnt wear it though since it is too different for me. >.< Not for an official look or anything like that, but something to play around with?

Also, YanYan and Hikitty, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EmiGal

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:07 am

I'm glad all this is (sort-of) getting sorted out Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobaTea

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:34 am

for your "dark gal" I suggest introducing her to either VK gyaru...or rokku...

Just because you are gyrau doesnt mean you HAVE to wear bright colors. You can find gal things that fit into your comfort zone..to a certain extent anyways lol. YOur gonna have to jump outta the box sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/charmydoll/
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:26 am

BobaTea wrote:
for your "dark gal" I suggest introducing her to either VK gyaru...or rokku...

Just because you are gyrau doesnt mean you HAVE to wear bright colors. You can find gal things that fit into your comfort zone..to a certain extent anyways lol. YOur gonna have to jump outta the box sometimes.

Yeah. I will talk to her about it. She's been wearing yukata with gyaru hairstyles and make to miistu and events to compensate. I dont mind yukata, as long as the make and such is in gyaru range. And the obi is decorated cutely. I like to add little trinkets of hello kitty, bells, flowerss, pearls, lace, sparkly things, and such. And I like to fold mine in the front elaborately with cute bows. Sometimes I roll the sleeves up or pull them back a bit, and wear the eri farther (*blush*) or pull the hem up a bit higher to show more leg and wear cute tabi. I think it is soooo cute when gyaru parapara in yukata! I love watching the One More Time techpara from Gazen ParaPara/We Love Tech Para dvd.

Do you know any links to any good sites for her?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:02 am

This girl can still be Gyaru-kei without having to wear bright colours. The monotone look was very in this Spring so everything was a combination of black and white with coloured accesories/shoes/bags instead; she could try doing this look. I'm flicking through the August issue of Egg now and I can still see black and white; it never goes out of fashion. It's why we have the saying "____ is the new black." Steer her towards clothing that is predominatly black and white combined in a pattern or alternatively make a deal with her; You can wear one black item of clothing but the rest must be a different colour. This way she can wear a black top with dark blue jeans and accesorise with white or coloured jewellry, hats, shoes etc But for Sumemr you should really wear coloured clothes, you'll overheat otherwise!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:15 am

Yeah, I will do that. She's always looking up and finding hime gyaru, manba, kogal, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 am

We have officially voted on a name, and we are Wishful! =^.^=
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiigurl1233

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:46 am

omg! love the name!! kawaii
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:07 am

Thank you! ^.^ Not everyone voted though, so we ended up with a tie and had to have a tie-break vote. lol THEN one of the other members voted. But she doesnt have a myspace so I had to put the vote up under the Galsaa page name.

But it is really nice ring to it. Like a promise for the future. Something to look forward to and be excited aboutl. ^.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)   

Back to top Go down

Wishful! (Name finally chosen!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1