Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Curvy Troubles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Curvy Troubles   Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:08 pm

I wasnt sure where to put this but...

I was wondering, if there are any great tips for really curvy s? Many of the gyaru styles Im afraid to try because of my weight and curves, and it is desperately hard to lose weight when you have curves. Most eastern gyarus are really tiny and so name-brand gyaru clothing is hard to come by in larger sizes. *groan*

Do any of you happen to have any great exercise, diet or clothing tips?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiny-chan

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Thrift Stores are your bestfriend.
Some of the things you can find in there are amazing.
But if you are looking for something specific take a picture of it and go to thrift stores, walmart, those types of places to see if you can find a piece of clothing close to the picture.
Customize your clothes.
If you want to work out then go for it.
I've been planning on doing the Wii fit to warm up.
The go for a jog up to my school with water and my boots(put them on when I get to the field) run around the field three times. Stretch the do some sprinting drills, Lunges, squats, high knees, butt kicks to the half line. Go to the hill and do hills 10 times(1 hill = going down and then back up).
When I finished I'll do my 8 minutes of sit ups. (Normal, Left plank, v-sits, right plank, crunchs, leg lifts, Abdominal twists.) You do each one for 30 seconds with 30 second breaks in between. One more sprint drill and the walk home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cherrypopcandy.blogspot.com/
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:33 pm

i run a mile every few days. plus i have summer gym. and i swim allot.
it helps me out some! eating tips. just plain don't eat if your not hungry
and stop when you are full. gluttony is the number one thing to drop!!!
only snack if it is on something healthy. treat yourself now and then, but
to too often. check out what foods how many you need: mypyramid.com
sorry if this is not what you are looking for. just thought it might help ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobaTea

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:05 pm

first you need to decide how your body is shaped...
for example a pear wher eyour smaller ontop and bigger on the bottom

a coke bottle...

etc

at that point just find clothes that fits your shape!
And find inspo from gal mags or reagular mags...
Dont worry about your weight. the western gyaru community doesnt all have stick figure model types. But we survive and look fab anyway! And the best thing you can do for yourself to lose weight is to not starve or deprive yourself of things you like but jsut cut back ont eh amount of food you eat. As well as cutting back on things loaded with sugars..carbs. If you stop eating a lot of bread and drinking a bunch of soda it really helps.

Kiri! you are SO freakin tiny girl. >0< *smacks your head* you should feel sexy and gal
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/charmydoll/
hello-kokoro

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:57 pm

I have this probleeem and its all over -_______________-;
not fair.

I can tetll you what to avoid

-highwaisted pants and waide waist belts do more harm than good
-pedal pushes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/minniemanba
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:04 pm

carrotcake2 wrote:
I have this probleeem and its all over -_______________-;
not fair.

I can tetll you what to avoid

-highwaisted pants and waide waist belts do more harm than good
-pedal pushes

What are pedal pushes??? OH!!! That exercise thing right? *rofl at self ignorance*

I dont like anything high!!! It reminds me of that show with Earkel or however you spell his name....Eeew... lol

I dont like anything too low though because Im not too comfortable with my weight. I have a bit of a tummy, but my waist is wide....*groan*

Curves...suck....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hello-kokoro

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 pm

trueee dat
thats why dresses make me look prego sometimes DX

no pedal pushes are sort of like capri pants.

Yoga poses(most ones that require you on the floor,do sun salutation) and lunges if you hold them corrrectly burn a lot of fat.

do you have a livejournal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/minniemanba
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:14 pm

carrotcake2 wrote:
trueee dat
thats why dresses make me look prego sometimes DX

no pedal pushes are sort of like capri pants.

Yoga poses(most ones that require you on the floor,do sun salutation) and lunges if you hold them corrrectly burn a lot of fat.

do you have a livejournal?

Ok, I will have to do that. I used to be in Tae Kwon Do, but I had to stop going cause sensei raised prices. I couldnt afford. All that lovely muscle turned to fat!!! *wail*

I dont have one yet....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:25 am

BobaTea wrote:
first you need to decide how your body is shaped...
for example a pear wher eyour smaller ontop and bigger on the bottom

a coke bottle...

etc

at that point just find clothes that fits your shape!
And find inspo from gal mags or reagular mags...
Dont worry about your weight. the western gyaru community doesnt all have stick figure model types. But we survive and look fab anyway! And the best thing you can do for yourself to lose weight is to not starve or deprive yourself of things you like but jsut cut back ont eh amount of food you eat. As well as cutting back on things loaded with sugars..carbs. If you stop eating a lot of bread and drinking a bunch of soda it really helps.

Kiri! you are SO freakin tiny girl. >0< *smacks your head* you should feel sexy and gal

ow! >=D my head hurts!
^^;
lol your silly boba. >/////////<
thanks though~
i just like to be careful!
thats all. ^-^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:46 am

Man I wish I had curves (is flat-chested) but I can understand why having them might make gyaru style seem intimidating (may have no boobs but has hips and ass, worst luck). The best thing to do is to do what the others are saying, cut down on snacks and eat healthy. Aerobic exercise is very good for toning your body but a word of warning; NEVER do intensive spot training on any one part of your body, specifically your stomach.

The muscle will build up underneath the fat layer and so instead of working away that fat you will tone and build up underneath it. This actually forces your fat out further, so you end up with a bigger waistline but a stronger stomach. You need a combination of diet and exercise for it to work. Also typically it takes six months for any of your efforts to visibly show although the scales might show signs sooner (up if you're muscle training and toning, down if you're just dieting). Good luck everyone and remember if you diet, do it safely! (and research those 'miracle diets' before you try them, they're mostly completely fake.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:09 am

That is of course if you purely do sit-ups to tone your stomach as I've used many other stomach exercises and have toned and gotten smaller. I suggest you invest in an exercise video as it's fun and gives you an all over workout. As long as you eat healthily and exercise plenty then you'll be fine.

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
minxie_minnie

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:02 am

:affraid: curves dont suck! its definately about working with what youve got.
wearing the right style to flatter youre shape etc, obviously if your diet isnt healthy its good to change that and maybe a result of that will be shaping up but honestly there will always be someone to compare yourself to so its pointless trying to be the same as someone else.
just be sure to set yourself a realistic goal if you definately want to change Surprised
speaking from experience here ive just learnt to love my curves
though i do wii fit and running just to make sure im healthy haha kawaii
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=578420610&
sasori

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:17 am

try biking everyday and everyday new route? then you see different things everytime, and enjoy yourself and if you do that a hour a day and healthy eating it will come off fast i think.
im kinda busy with eating less too, im not obsese or something, but since i started the pill i gained weight BLEH!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiWiMUSUME<3

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:03 am

First off, curves are totally awesome. EVERYONE loves them, legit. Especially guys :]. Intensive training on one area is absolutely awful though. A great way to tone and make muscles lean without bulking up would def be yoga. And its super duper relaxing so it can help you clear your mind. Plus, gyaru tend to be skinny (like most oriental women (hope I'm not being rude D:)) but I've seen some women who have curvier bodies and they're completely fine with it and still have a total kick ass style. Find clothes that fit you, not the other way around. (You know what I mean >>;Wink so don't worry about all that crap. Really, you're beautiful the way you are 8D!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:10 am

Asian women have a smaller bone structure so if anyone tries to aim for their weight when they're not Asian to begin with it'll only end in tears. It's why you have to take the models in magazines with a pinch of salt. It's also a little hurtful to say that every guy loves curves because not everyone has them. Makes it sound like just because I don't have boobs means any guy will pass me up in favour of a butt ugly girl as long as she has a huge chest.

Although what people have been saying about finding clothes to fit your figure is true; clothes can make or break you and only very few people can still look good wearing a bin bag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiWiMUSUME<3

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:12 am

I know exactly what you're saying but everyone seems to think that you NEED to be skinny in order to be pretty making curvy people feel not so pretty. Which isn't true at all :[. I don't want to offend anyone so no matter what size you are, you're gorg. :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:23 am

KiWiMUSUME<3 wrote:
First off, curves are totally awesome. EVERYONE loves them, legit. Especially guys

I hate it when people say stuff like this and also "Real women have curves". Well sorry for actually being naturally slim, small chested, having small hips and hardly having a bum! You know it makes me feel shit! It makes it sound like just because I wasn't blessed with big boobs or a bum that guys won't give me a look! I do feel though more and more that 'curvy' is just a politically correct way of saying overweight. Being overweight and underweight is unhealthy, to me curves are boobs and hips, not rolls. If you're a healthy weight and happy with your body then don't make others feel worse by saying "Curvy women are better" and if people aren't happy with their bodies then they should bloody do something about it! Eat healthier, tone up but the fact is naturally slender girls can't get bigger boobs unless they loaded.

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:27 am

Skinny people get the same pressure to be beautiful as Curvy people. For me with no curves I have to be skinny otherwise I'd just be shapeless and unattractive Neutral I understand that overweight girls get the piss taken out of them all the time but then at the other end of the spectrum if you don't have curves people always seem to think that you should 'get them' -- as if it's that easy. The only way I'm getting boobs is when I get my boobjob mwahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiWiMUSUME<3

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:24 pm

I agree completely with both of you. I know the pressure both people, curvy and skinny have. But I think if you're skinny or fat, curvy or flat, whatever it may be, just be comfortable with who you are. You know what I mean? And just because someone doesn't have big boobs doesn't mean they won't get guys ;-;. My friend thinks that and its not true at all D:. And no matter what body type you have, as long as you love it, that confidence will shine through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sasori

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:27 pm

well..im actually happy with having no curves, im not flat but normal XDDD
i would hate it too have a fat butt or too large boobies ~
everyone is beautifull hahaah!

(except rihanna or MJ)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiWiMUSUME<3

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Hahaha yeah. Around here, if you're not totally bone thin skinny, you're not pretty. So it affects the heavier people and makes them feel bad. And I just want them to know that they're beautiful too, you know? I think that everyone should appreciate their body coz its so unique and no one else has one like them. :]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:36 pm

If you know how to work your figure then you'll be sexy no matter what Wink I personally don't mind being flat chested too much because I can fit into Japanese brands a lot easier when I get my hands on them lol But then at the same time I can't wear certain tops because even if they're my size they can only be worn by people with boobs, so it ends up looking indecent on me. I end up having to go down a size to make it fit my chest but then that means it's tight around the shoulders and waist so it's not worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiWiMUSUME<3

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:39 pm

Ugh I hate that. My boobs are too big to fit into anything. (okay I'm over exaggerating a bit) but sometimes it gets soososo annoying when I'm dress shopping ><;; I find like the cutest dress ever, but I can't zipper it past my boobs ;~;. It just gets so agitating sometimes. xD. And I totally agree with working your figure thing lol. No confidence is bad :[!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sasori

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:42 pm

i wear size XS/S >< thats 34/36 that's a normal size i guess?
im okai with my upper body, but my legs T_T two years ago i also was on my bicecyle 2 hours a day to school, and now i have MUSCLE and i hate it!!
that's what im trying to get rid of ~
it's my under legs my upper are ok too =p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiWiMUSUME<3

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Oh god. LEGS. My worst nightmare. I HATEEEEEE my legs. My legs are muscular too. Considering the fact that I used to play soccer and so from all the running, I gained A LOT of muscle. I mean they're not awful, just not where I'd like them to be. I wish I was like.. an xs XD. Oh well. Here comes more walking!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curvy Troubles   

Back to top Go down

Curvy Troubles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next