Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Epiphany

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Epiphany   Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking. Long time ago, I used to be yamanba, then I decided to try Lolita and V-kei for a while. I will admit, I LOVED V-kei, and I always felt cute as lolita (usually gothic or sweet). But...Ive been doing some thinking.

I am much happier as gyaru. I feel more 'me'. Sure, I still have to get used to the new styles, but hey, with your help and Manami's and Junko's help and advice I can improve on that.

Lolita made me feel cute, but not in the sense as 'pretty' or 'mature' or 'developed'. I felt more like a kid than an adult. With V-kei, I felt more of a power rush that helped me push the bounderies and get past my self-consciousness and push away all those bullies. But its not really who I am.

With gyaru, I feel more mature, more like a person developing in the world. I feel pretty and confident. Im not afraid to be me, or have to act a certain way like with Lolita (pretty mannered if you ask me....compared to V-kei anyway...or manba... 👅 ). I can be who I am really and not have to think about what color the petticoat should be or if I should consider black or colorful makeup for V-kei style.

I dont really know how to explain it, but I just feel like getting some of it out and written.

However, I do love my hair since I had it cut like Maaya. ^.^ Its great for Manba syled hair because it has those layers I need. ^.^ Now if I could just get rid of the split ends and get to where I can get rid of this black.....I want to color it soooo bad!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

Well, thanks if you actually read this whole thing. I hope I dont sound soppy or corney or anything. Shoot me if I do. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sasori

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:27 am

i'm happy for you tha you find who you really are =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:32 am

I understand exactly how you feel. Before gyaru fashion I never felt safe and secure when I went out, I had no confidence or feeling of self-worth and most importantly I never felt beautiful, pretty or even cute. As soon as I started following Gal fashion I instantly began to feel more like who I was meant to be and I felt attractive and confident when I went out. I know exactly where you're coming from. Seems we've both found our niches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:04 am

i still don't feel safe or confident going out.
actually i haven't mentioned this to anyone
yet but i am thinking about giving up my
gal ways. i just don't feel strong enough to
pull it off. and i have given up fixing my hair
to look cute, cause there is so little i can do
with it now. i can't straighten it or curl it
because it hurts it to much and i want it to
grow. no types of protectants help. anyway,
i am glad you gals find you confidence here,
but i am just not sure i can find confidence in
how i look or what i ware. its so petty to be
concerned about how you look. and i will never
like the way i look anyway, so why try? why
stress over something so dumb? spend so
much money on something so trivial? those
are just my thoughts. if its fun for you girls
(which it is) go for it! there is nothing wrong
with having fun. but its just not fun to me any
more. hmm, ok well sorry to bring this up all
the sudden ^^; and on your chat thread mimiru.
my bad xD lol, ok thanks for reading gals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siusiu

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Kiri, I don't think you should give up being Gal!
There are days when I REALLY don't feel like getting pretty-ed up,
but I do it anyways!
My hair is in the EXACT same situation as yours.
If I do ANYTHING to it, it will basically die even more.
But I do it anyways... even though I REALLY shouldn't.
But anyways, if you feel that losing your Gal is the only way to be,
then I'm happy for you. Smile
... But I still don't think you should give up!

---

AS for Mimiru (lol)...
I think being gyaru is possibly the greatest decisions in my life, fashion-wise.
I went through all the phases of wanting to be something I really didn't want to achieve.
I wanted to be punk, I wanted to be lolita, I wanted to be decora, I wanted to be lolita again.
And I never really focused on any of those,
I believe gyaru is the easiest because it's so like me to wear makeup and stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:36 pm

QT kiri-panda wrote:
its so petty to be
concerned about how you look. and i will never
like the way i look anyway, so why try? why
stress over something so dumb? spend so
much money on something so trivial?

Petty? Well then why are you here wasting your clearly valuable, precious time on something you think is petty? Stressing out over something like looks is not dumb, a human makes their first impressions by how they look and no one can deny that because it's instinct that's been built in to us, the same thing that stops us eating poisonous berries. I want to look good because it makes me feel good and I couldn't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks. I do things for myself and myself only, so how is it petty? It's petty to rip others to shreds about how they look yes but to take pride in your appearance and yourself isn't. I care deeply about how I look for reasons that I really cannot even be bothered explaining to you, so call me petty and shallow but honestly you're judging people because they like to take care of their looks. I am certainly above average in intelligence, I have many talents and interests but I also happen to want to look good, it doesn't make me a petty or shallow person because I care deeply about others before myself. I spend money on looking good because there's nothing else too spend it on apart from my music books. My interests don't involve money but my fashion does. Personally I think it's petty to generalise everyone who takes care of their appearance like that, but clearly you do not seem to value that of someone who looks after their appearance because you call them 'petty'. I advise that you don't go around insulting others like that, whatever you may feel you have to consider other people's feelings and blurting out that random nonsense on a forum to do with fashion was a little more than stupid don't you think?

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:36 pm

yeah i am not sure what i should do yet,
thanks for your advice~ i will have to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 pm

yanyan i deeply apologize. i meant not to insult anyone.
i am saying it is bad to set focus and cause yourself to
stress over something like looks. i did not say anyone on
here was doing that! heavens no. my nonsense was directed
at myself, i never meant any harm toward you. goodness!
i am very sorry, but if it is fun for you, by all means go for
it. it is just not as much fun for me anymore because i freak
out, and just don't feel like i can do it anymore. so sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:51 pm

From an outsiders point of view I think that 1) Kiri worded her original post oddly and in such a way that it had several meanings and two possible subjects (that being herself or everyone who concentrated on their appearance) and 2) YanYan read into it too deeply and reacted accordingly. The 'argument' is silly and one big misunderstanding.

Now Kiri, tell me why on Earth you're feeling like you're almost 'inadequate' to even attempt to follow Gyaru style? It honestly isn't hard to do if you already have basics in hair, make-up and fashion. With your hair, I can understand why you're upset but you really only have two options; leave it completely alone to recover or cut it off and start again.

I used to straighten my hair religiously for an entire year because I didn't like my curls -- and I didn't use any protectants on it. Naturally my hair was completely charred and so I had the ends cut off and after that left it completely alone. It took about half a year before it was healthy enough to withstand occasional heat styling and now a further year on my hair is as healthy as it's ever been. You just have to give your hair time to grow. It doesn't help if you have a diet without enough protein though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:07 pm

yeah i have been letting my hair grow but that is
not the reason i don't think i should be a gal. ^^;
i am just not sure i am cut out to be a pretty style.
if i continue to be one i might just stress out more.
and i think it is dumb for me to stress over some
thing so dumb on my part! anyway, thank you gals.
i still might reconsider not really sure >_>; heh~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:14 pm

QT kiri-panda wrote:
i am just not sure i am cut out to be a pretty style.
Huh? I think I missunderstood you but are you honestly saying you think you aren't cut out to be a pretty girl??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:27 pm

well maybe thats what i am saying.
its not that i think i am totally ugly,
but i just don't have the gyaru features.
i am not really sure, hmmm. >_>;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiny-chan

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:31 pm

[@Kiri]
You know there are so many different way to get curls and other style with out heat, I mean I could not use heat on my hair I would but I can't because then I wouldn't have nice straight hair. My hair is basically dead because I have to chemically straighten it to be nice and manageable and if I didn't I would have an afro. Afro ain't so hot at times. I understand where your coming from with the hair thing because I mixed I got really course and curly hair that came from both my mom and dad but my little sister at perfectly wave hair. She has no afro at all. I think that sometimes if you just don't worry about it, if your hair isn't going the right just throw it into a ponytail and put a cute hat on and go. I'll get picture of me in my Russian hat to make you laugh. I wanted you to know that even if you don't feel like you are confidant you give off a confidant-ness in you pictures that I think makes people on this forum feel safe and gives them confidence to say I'm going to try to do what she said or work harder. The first person post I read on this forum was yours that probably the reason I joined here and that I wanted to get to know even more about gyaru. I also have a link for you on how to curl you hair with out heat. Paper Bag curls If you need to know anything about make-up or tutorials or hair or anything just ask because we all can go looking for you and give you advice we know. So please don't feel bad you look amazing in this style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cherrypopcandy.blogspot.com/
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:53 pm

thank you, really! its very nice of you!
i just don't think hair is my only problem.
but i might try that trick sometime! xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:44 pm

QT kiri-panda wrote:
well maybe thats what i am saying.
its not that i think i am totally ugly,
but i just don't have the gyaru features.
i am not really sure, hmmm. >_>;
Well, no, you don't have gyaru features -- you aren't Japanese. But neither am I and I still enjoy Gyaru style and find ways to make it work for my Caucasian face structure. You just have to learn how to alter make-up to suit your eyes ... ... other than that you don't have much trouble with 'gyaru features' surely?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:47 pm

peh~ i am not sure. i guess i just lack the attitude for gyaru.
i am very low self-esteem , and i guess thats my biggest problem.
i only feel like i can't pull it off. heh~ now thats a dumb reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:51 pm

I honestly believe there is no such thing as a gyaru attitude. Sure, great that some people are all happy, confident and out-going but it doesn't make them Gal. It's their style that makes them Gal. Trust me, Kiri -- you're not ugly from the pictures I've seen so I don't know why you're complaining. You have a really nice sense of style also. Just try and work who you are into Gyaru stylings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:46 pm

your to nice hi-kitty ^^;
humm well i will just figure
something out. >_>;
thank you for you help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 pm

QT kiri-panda wrote:
your to nice hi-kitty ^^;
humm well i will just figure
something out. >_>;
thank you for you help!

Its good to see that you are still going!

you know, all of us are here if you need help or pointers or tips or anything! Just dont give up! Dont lose confidence in yourself. Keep going. Quitters never came out with a smile on their face, but rather a disappointment later in the game. I hope that makes sense. I mean, you may quit ande at the time it seem like a good idea, but then later youre like...."Why did I do that?"

Keep doing your best, ok? We are all here for you!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:10 pm

yeah your right mimiru~
i should not give up. ^-^
you have a god point.
thanks much gals. i am
sorry to bring this up
and disturb you all. just
something in my mind for
a while. but i think i will
try a bit longer. i only
hope i can. >_>; xD ok~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:14 pm

QT kiri-panda wrote:
yeah your right mimiru~
i should not give up. ^-^
you have a good point.
thanks much gals. i am
sorry to bring this up
and disturb you all. just
something in my mind for
a while. but i think i will
try a bit longer. i only
hope i can. >_>; xD ok~

Nah! Its best to get it off your mind or you would tear yourself up eventually. >.< Rant and rave all ya want! ^.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:51 pm

you too sweet! i want to meet
up again some time~ ^O^
i still feel bad, sorry gals ;O;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Methogonzo

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:23 am

yan yan, if you "dont give a flying fuck" dont get so angry.she wasnt even judging you. kiri, when you're 16 i think everyone feels that way at times. I was never one to pay to much attention to my appearance or make up until about 16 or 17, - you've got to grow up at your own pace, so if you don't want to spend a lot of time on these things then don't, there's nothing wrong with that at all.
if you change your mind and do want to be gyaru and spend time on hair and make up then thats good too! Just do what you want.
p.s. i think you're pretty, growing up at our age is hard on our self-esteem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.last.fm/users/yamber
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:07 pm

Methogonzo wrote:
yan yan, if you "dont give a flying fuck" dont get so angry.she wasnt even judging you.

I didn't say that I don't give a flying fuck about what she said, you quoted me out of context. I advise Kiri to word things better when she writes things because how else do you expect me to take it?

QT kiri-panda wrote:

its so petty to be
concerned about how you look.

I know now that she wasn't but I re-read it many times and it came out the same exact way. By the way Kiri no one has a 'gyaru face' it's the make-up and techniques that make one look gyaru, as well as hair, skin and nails. Take the t-shirt and shorts test, if you can stand in t-shirt and shorts and look gyaru then you are gyaru. If you don't want to waste your time on it then no amount of 'compliments' or suggestions from every gal on this forum can change your mind, only you know what you want. If you wanted to be involved in gyaru you would be because where there's a will there's a way, you don't need heat to style your hair at all, it just involves using more intelligence.

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Now, now, let's not go dragging this up again. Let's let sleeping dogs lie, eh?

YanYan wrote:
it just involves using more intelligence.
I think a better way to put that would be 'using more ingenuity'. You don't need to be intelligent to style hair, just creative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   

Back to top Go down

Epiphany
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next