Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Confidence form Gyaru?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GlitterBrat

PostSubject: Confidence form Gyaru?   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:42 pm

I dunno if this seems a bit strange to ask but have any of you managed to gain confidence from previous body hangups since discovering gyaru style? I'm interested to know, even if it's a tiny thing.
For example, Since realising that lots of Gyaru models have crooked teeth, I've stopped being so embarrassed by the fact that my teeth aren't totally straight. (crooked on the bottom and one top inscisor sticks out)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Confidence form Gyaru?   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:44 pm

no i don't think i have ^^;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiny-chan

PostSubject: Re: Confidence form Gyaru?   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:55 pm

I have to agree that my confidence has change since I started dressing Gyaru. I have tried lots of different styles and all of them didn't work, I was punk, emo, v-kei, decora and I got a bit of confidence from it but most of those style deal with have pale skin and I ain't no pale skin person. I'm not dark but I'm not pale either so I didn't go outside and all these things. When I was first introduced to Gyaru it was Yamanba and Ganguro, but started to see some of the other sub-styles in it and enjoyed it but would never admitted. I enjoy the fact that these girls are so proud of themselves and that they dress how they want, their teeth aren't perfect and its not like models in America where everything about you has to be perfect. Gyaru has changed my life it makes me happy and want to try new things and show off my body that I use to hate. I know a lot of people see it too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cherrypopcandy.blogspot.com/
MimiruParaChan

PostSubject: Re: Confidence form Gyaru?   Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:11 am

I have to admit, that mine has changed too. I used to be hard into V-kei and Lolita (gothic and sweet), but I never really felt 'whole'. I guess I felt more like role-playing. With Visual Kei, I was more myself, and it did give me this sort of 'power-rush', but I didnt really feel like I had gained anything else. Lolita requires a whole bunch of mannerisms than other styles, and it made me feel 'cute' but not anything else. Then my friend Manami-san introduced me to Gyaru several years ago. She was Yamanba (this was that time period), and she talked to me a lot about it. So, she said 'Go get dressed in this style and we will go out today!" And I was kinda weirded out by her enthusiasm. lol But I did. And Ive been hooked. Then, two years later Junko-chan (who also did yamanba [she didnt like the new 'manba' appearing. Said they were not 'classy' enough]) came into my life and kinda sealed the deal. I will admit, I did go back to V-kei recently to see if there was anything for me there. But there wasnt. There is something about gyaru that just brings out 'me', that allows me to feel comfortable showing up in public.

I think I strayed away from the topic....but...I have noticed that with gyaru (manba or gyaru-kei), I am more confident in my body and face. I dont think of myself as 'ugly' anymore. Though, I would like to lose this butt and these thighs, but I am much better than ever. With lolita, you hid those. So maybe I guess I was using lolita to 'hide' more, maybe. Hide what I was afraid to show. But I dont do that with gyaru. And I like that. I can be flashy and eyecatching while still being modest and stylish. Hard to do that with V-kei and Lolita withought people thinking you are part of a play. >.< *groan* Not all gyaru are perfect, but they dont care. It isnt about being perfect, its about being fashionable and out-there (depending on style).

I owe Manami-san and Junko-chan a whole lots of thanks. ARIGATO GOZAIMASHITA!!!!

I guess I havent made much sense here....but I think I got some of it out... sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiayo

PostSubject: Re: Confidence form Gyaru?   Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:55 pm

Totally. I feel happy now. But my style is not ''whole'', not yet. Soon inuff it will b.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xblowfishx

PostSubject: Re: Confidence form Gyaru?   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:41 pm

I started to appreciate my tan alot more, i mean i've always have liked my tan, my family, who are traditional asians to the maxx, worship pale skin. When I was younger i was dark and i mean DARK and my grandma especially hated my skin tone and it made me wish all day, errr day that I was born pale. But whatever the case, I now love my tan, I really can't imagine myself with a pale skin tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiyo

PostSubject: Re: Confidence form Gyaru?   Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:10 pm

GlitterBrat wrote:
I dunno if this seems a bit strange to ask but have any of you managed to gain confidence from previous body hangups since discovering gyaru style? I'm interested to know, even if it's a tiny thing.
For example, Since realising that lots of Gyaru models have crooked teeth, I've stopped being so embarrassed by the fact that my teeth aren't totally straight. (crooked on the bottom and one top inscisor sticks out)
My inscisors stick out too! After seeing Suzu's (popteen model) teeth, I feel so much better about smiling!;p
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cursedbyjohnny.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confidence form Gyaru?   

Back to top Go down

Confidence form Gyaru?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1