Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ahn ne

PostSubject: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 pm

I just want to know your opinion;

I'm just curious. (:

Last edited by ahn ne on Thu May 26, 2011 6:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:43 pm

omg girl i love your make up first off!
second off you have got the HAWTEST hair
since hikitty! xD lmbo!!! and you are just
over all a beautiful lady! perfect completion
cutest nose! ^^; and very pretty!!! =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:29 am

Can an English gyaru comment perhaps? lol I'm not bothered by American gyaru, we're all Western gyaru afterall.

I must say I love your eye make-up, however it'd look better with some fake eyelashes (same thing I say to everything involving eyes sweatdrop ). If I may recommend a brand? I'm not sure if they sell in America, but Girls Aloud - a UK female pop group - recently designed their own brand of fake eyelashes and Cheryl Cole's are to die for. The glue is fantastic also.

@kiri - You're too cute haha I've changed my hair though, and improved upon it. So I might have to post it again to show you lol I've gone for a darker blonde now, instead of my usual golden one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:53 pm

Awh, thanks, guys. *blush~~ <3

@kiri: Awhh, that means a lot, thanks. (:
Really? o_o <333 I've never thought my nose was cute, so that's nice to hear. Embarassed

@HiKitty: Oh, I'll see if they have those eyelashes here--that would be awesome! &Thanks for the suggestion; I really should collect a lot more falsh lashes. They're so elegant! ://DD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:50 pm

They can be as elegant as they can be trashy haha Use them wisely. I'm glad to offer advice and suggestions to anyone that needs or asks for them. So you're welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:54 pm

Hahaha, that reminds me of the first time I ever put on false lashes.
I looked like such a tramp. O___O;

It was scary. >w<
And I was like, "why don't I look like herrrrr!! ;~;"
Hahaa, ohhhhh back in the day~ :3

(Like no more than a year ago, actually) o____o xD

But yeah... Very Happy
Do you have a favorite mascara/style of lashes.

Like thick ones, or spereated thin ones, ect. Very Happy w00t!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 pm

To show you my preferred style, I'll show you these pictures (which are also the brand I was recommending to you) Very Happy

The lashes in the middle and the ones on the far right (Cheryl's) are the style I like, with big, pointy clumps almost like a star, if that makes any sense at all. I don't like natural looking ones because I'm trying to enhance my natural lashes which. are. natural. Why would I want to buy what are essentially my own lashes?! No, for me they have to be noticeably fake to even be considered haha

And my God, the first time I wore falsies was waaay back in December of last year and my friend had to put them on for me!! XD Such a loser, I know. But now I'm fine and perfectly adept at putting them on, cleaning them and trimming them. I can usually make a pair last for two months before they become too ratty and weak to wear. It's good value for money.

(In case you can't tell, you've managed to inadvertently carry on a conversation about one of my favourite subjects haha I can discuss false eyelashes for a loooong time.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:58 pm

Oh, gosh! Very Happy
Those lashes look great! <3

I see what you mean, like think, bold, "star" lashes. That's what I'm gonna call them from now on too, haa haa. I'll be talking to my friends and mention "star lashes" and they will be like, "whut?" Very Happy

I like the one next to the far right, if they were a bit longer.
Maybe like the top one in this picture:

(:
Hahaa, I should have had my friend do it, honestly.
When I did mine, they were kinda crooked, and messed up.
Then I started watching youtube videos and discovered Michelle Phan,
and now I'm a lot better! I love her. <3 lols

2 months?! Mine only last, like... >>;
For three different uses.

I'm totally looking this up in all my covineient store (I spelled that so wrong)... ><
How often do you wear these lashes with in the two months? (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiny-chan

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:54 pm

How you fake eyelashes last depends on how you keep them and if you put mascara on them with you put them on and if you keep them clean. There's this make artist that keep his from months but most times he buys cheap pairs for whatever and uses them for a while and then all his expensive ones he keeps really well. I wonder if I can find the lash thing again.... -is off to search-

I'm fine with western gyaru's, I don't know many but the ones I do know are the ones I have met here on Forever Gyaru. Though I find that its sometimes hard being a western because you want to be the best at this style you can be and that some can be so hard and nick-pick each other and not really help. But that why I like Forever Gyaru because everyone is nice and all they are doing are trying to help you get better, they want to see you achieve this and most do but some can be mean and a bit cliche.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cherrypopcandy.blogspot.com/
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:22 am

My lashes last a long time because I firstly don't use mascara on them and secondly I'm always careful when I take them off to store them safely. After each use I use my tweezers to gently pull the glue and eyeliner off of the lash bone. In the two months I use them before changing I'll wear them most days with the exceptions of Sundays because I never even get out of my pyjamas on Sunday lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:54 pm

heheh your welcome hikitty and kurakura~ ^////^
but its all true~ and please do show my hikitty~ =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Really? Very Happy
Thanks, guyyysssss~ w00t!

I am so excited now.
Wait... >///<

Do you guys put mascara on your eyelashes before applying the false ones?
...Or do you just add the false ones and leave it at that? xDDD;

*lameness. <3
The first one, actually (now that I think about it)
I have seen plenty of times on videos and intrustions and stuff. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiny-chan

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 pm

I apply mascara and then curl my lashes all the way to the tip. Then while the mascara dries I apply glue to the falsies and then apply and curl the lashes together to the tip.
Back to top Go down
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:35 pm

i put them on and the join them together with the mascara~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chiyo

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:20 am

Sometimes, gyaru makeup looks odd on American gyaru because of the different facial structures...but mostly, they look fine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cursedbyjohnny.blogspot.com/
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 am

To become good at any style you must know what looks right on your face and adapt it accordingly. It's like in manba; knowing where to put the different colours and what shapes suits your cheeks is very important. It's the same with whatever you put on, for example, hairstyles and clothes.

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 am

--kurakura wrote:
Do you guys put mascara on your eyelashes before applying the false ones?
...Or do you just add the false ones and leave it at that? xDDD
For me I use my usual two mascara's on my top lashes and then use my eyelash curlers while the mascara is still wet to give them a curve. And yeah, I know it's bad of me and that I'm supposed to curl them before putting on mascara, but I never got the hand of it, so sue. After my mascara is done (as well as eyeliner/eyeshadow) I'll stick on my lashes and then use my fingers to press them into my natural ones a little. I don't use any mascara on them after that.

To complete the look I'll put mascara on my bottom lashes which are long enough to not look overshadowed by my top lashes but still not thick enough for me to be happy with. I'm searching for some bottom lashes now. If you don't put even a little mascara on yoru lashes before putting on false ones they'll look odd. Even if you have been blessed with long, curved eyelashes they wont be as solidly black as false ones so you need the colour. If you don't have the curve, then you'll have two sets of eyelashes haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:31 pm

You guys are awesome! Very Happy

Tiny-chan:
That seems to be the best way to do it, according to all these magazines piling next to me. xDD
Thank youuu~ :3

Kiri:
Lawl, what kind of false lashes do you use? :C

Chiyo:
Thanks, yeah. I get youuu~~
My face is really long, in comparison to the people that I hang out with. So I think it looks a little silly, because most asians have a rounder, smaller, cuter face--and mine is very American. Very Happy

Yanyan:
Yeah, I use different shade of eyeshadow to shape my face, so that my nose takes a better shape to my face, and my face seems a bit rounder. I really should, however, grow my bangs out, so my face doesn't seem so long. (And to hide my flaws that hide on my forehead Shocked )... >>;
Thank you for the advice, though--it means a lot! Smile

HiKitty:
Finally! Some one else! I always curl my lashes wet. When they're dry, it does nothing. My lashes are really short, so if I curl them when they're wet, they push up more, and then I aply one more coat of mascara. Very Happy
Sadly, the other day, I was running around my house in boots, and I stepped on my lash curler. The curler was a cheap one or two dollar one, so it bent up and I was so sad. ;~; (I don't know how it even got on the floor, though... it should have been in the bathroom, in my makeup cabnit).

"Press them into the lashes" ...Very Happy
Like... :/
Softly with your fingers, or with a eyelash comb? xD
(that sounds like a really good idea, is why I ask).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiny-chan

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:53 pm

What Hikitty is saying is she trying to get the band/bone to match up with the natural line of her eyelashes. Which makes them blend in more, you can use your fingers I use a back of a round make up brush and roll it across the lid. Also if you want you natural eyelashes to blend in more do not use a eyelash comb try to see if you can find a mascara wand that has nothing on it or save an old one and clean it out with you make up remover or soft baby soap.

Have any of you thought about getting a heated eyelash curler? I heard that they work really well.
Back to top Go down
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:59 pm

Oh, thank you! >w<

Actually, my grandmother told me about that (heated eyelash curler), and she says it's really good! And her eyelashes are so fabulous! w00t!

xD
I really wanted to try one! Very Happy
It sounds/seems/looks really believable!

Unlike the vibration wand, or the wand that goes in a circle. >>;
Those seem like they'd tear out your lashes. ;~;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tiny-chan

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:04 pm

I'm thinking about getting my mom one because her eyelashes stick straight out and have no curl. The vibration wand makes me laugh I've seen so many crack ups about it.
Back to top Go down
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:30 am

Tiny-Chan wrote:
Have any of you thought about getting a heated eyelash curler? I heard that they work really well.
I just put my normal curlers (they're metal mind) in between my straighteners for a few minutes so they soak up the heat. Then I wave them about a bit because they're a centigrade off being on fire and then use them on dry lashes. Otherwise I just do them cold on wet ones. I don't notice much difference to be honest.

And yeah, what Tiny-chan said. I use my fingers to press the lashbone into my natural lashes and then I pinch the fake lashes into the tops of my normal ones to help cement them on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bogoshipo

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:32 pm

lol >_<! i feel so late~ kura kura You're so pretty!! >_<! I love your hair! haha :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/bogoshipo
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Yey, I feel so smart and information filled nowww~ :3
Thank you so much, guys~ Embarassed

Awwwwwwww,
Thank you Para~ (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chelseadoll

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Chiyo wrote:
Sometimes, gyaru makeup looks odd on American gyaru because of the different facial structures...but mostly, they look fine!

agreed. Some of my friends get freaked out when I wear circle lenses with my gal makeup Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/Chelbunny
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D   

Back to top Go down

How do you guys feel about American gyarus? :D
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next