Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

" Tribute to gyaru gals who also dress punk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
"Dea" "Dia"

PostSubject: " Tribute to gyaru gals who also dress punk   Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 pm

KAnko kawabata

kaoru Watanabe

Other gals who dress with a punk rock edge...

This is a style that i like alot and as a gal i kno that its best to do what you like and follow your own rules because at the end of the day pepole are just gonna want to be like you.

And also lately i've been hearing alot of girls saying you cant be this style and follow gyaru style ... or you cant dress this "way" say "punk"
it all just very annoying b/c no one has the power to tell another who to be, yet pepole try all the time to tell others how to dress and what you must look like.
AS a gal who follows banba style and also likes punk/rocker style i mixed to two whenever i feel like.
I do as i please with what i wear not in offense to anyone but just to be me.
My point is these days anyone can follow gyaru styles b/c the style has branched to have so many sub- catogories that it doesnt matter what color your skin is ppl dont have to tan to be a gyaru.

It doesnt matter what style you wear as long as your glamorus you own your style and your "wild and sexy" your a gal... and i feel like noone can tell someone there not a gal b/c of how they look. if they try to there ridiculous :suspect: :no: Shocked

I've had plenty of ppl who claim to be gals telling me i cannot be a gyaru cuz i,m to dark :?:

and that i cant dress punk and be a gyaru Shocked

and have short hair and be a gyaru Shocked

honeslty i dont like when ppl say i cant wear cloths or style my hair the way i like b/c its not gyaru style.
I dont like it but i,m not gonna sweat it cuz i do what i want anyway....
anyway and there are many gals who are like me in style and arent the typical gyaru but are very famous gals ;]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace/theonewhoblossums.com  and facebook : rodia pigfo
Ren❤

PostSubject: Re: " Tribute to gyaru gals who also dress punk   Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 pm

I agree. Gyaru is a lot about appearance, but not COMPLETELY about appearances.
There are so many different styles of gyaru that it is impossible to have just one gyaru figure.
It's also an attitude, and a lifestyle. It's to be fashionable, confident, and never scared of taking risks or standing out.
So don't be intimidated by what people say, but keep your head up and your style hot, and it's all good Smile

P.S. I love the styles in those pictures ~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=name&
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: " Tribute to gyaru gals who also dress punk   Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Unless the reference is really subtle, I can't really see much "punk" in any of those pictures. Though not famous models, I think these girls are better examples:

People saying a girl can't be gyaru because she's black or has short hair is just BS. But combining styles is something different entirely. Personally, I don't like the idea of people trying to combine gyaru with other styles like punk and lolita. Why? Because it usually doesn't look all that great. More often than not, you end up with a mishmash of hair, make, and clothes that don't even look gyaru anymore.

At least in my opinion, gal is a complete package of hair, make, and clothes that looks best when worn together. I don't know about the gals in Japan, but the majority of the Westerners I've seen purposely trying to combine gyaru with another style are doing it as an excuse. For these girls, doing hair, make, or clothing like you'd see in a gyaru magazine is too hard, so they just fall back on something that they know is easier. There's no reason for that. Practice and learn.

If you're a fashionable person and good at styling yourself, you can absolutely make gyaru work for you and your personal tastes. It just takes some thought and effort. Most people say they identify gals most readily by their hair, make, and even nails, and I agree. Those things should be pretty spot-on and by the book, while clothing can take certain elements from other styles. I think the best way to do this is with accessories, like shoes, bags, hosiery, and jewelry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
きり~
Admin

PostSubject: Re: " Tribute to gyaru gals who also dress punk   Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:27 pm

WARNING:
thats mostly haaady or ame-cashi. i don't suggest punk for gals at all.
then it goes lolli or decora, and you really want to keep harajuku styles
and shibuya styles as far apart as possible. or gyarus will rag on you~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carmel

PostSubject: Re: " Tribute to gyaru gals who also dress punk   Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Personally, I think the queen of mixing styles with gyaru is nonoka.
Yes, her style at a glance may not look very 'gal' but upon really looking at her, she has all the basics down (ie: hair, make, nails, well coordinated outfits, popular trends)
she just uses popular gyaru trends and makes them the style she likes
Yes, she is a 'goth' gyaru but i think she rocks it

I think if you like 'punk' style, haaady and rock styles are a good way to dress and do your make
Sakurina sometimes mixes rock style with agejo (more so in her blog than in ageha, though)
Aina Tanaka, Romihi, Kanako and countless other models will mix rock with their styles
Also, there are plenty of street snaps of girls who do so as well

The important thing i think is that you can mix styles if you want
I mean, most gyaru styles that are popular today were born from gals wanting to mix styles
So as long as you don't look like a hot mess, i don't see anyone stopping you
gyaru is about INDIVIDUALITY, and not sticking with what everyone wants from you
this is how the style was born
and it is how the style is!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
"Dea" "Dia"

PostSubject: Thanks   Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Thanks you guys, for responding to my message b/c this was a issue that i was having with other gals once i came upon gal styles.... but its no longer an issue i realized that knowing who oneself is and doing what you like is the best choice any indiviual can make.

I also wanna just say thank you to all who posted more pics of gals who really mix the punk and gyaru fashion together.

For the longest time i was debating whether or not it''ll be a good idea for me to cut my hair.

Now that i went along got my hair cut already... i feel good and yes my hair is borderline punk/ rock edge type hair cut with blonde highligths and my style has always been very edgy.... I am just glad to hear from other gals who understand what i am trying to say and agree with me. So Thankyou

Also i just like to say that Nonoka is one of my favorite models as well i just couldn't find any pictures of her to put on this page... so thankyou for putting her pics on here she is so stylish and goth/gyaru.. she mixes the style very well

P.S i will most likely post sum pics of my new hair cut on a new forum so look out for it i love to hear opinions i dont mind critisim unless its plain ignorant or rude.. but most gals on here are pretty cool so i dont think i hav a problem ... luv ya'll and thanks w00t! kawaii

Last edited by "Dea" "Dia" on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace/theonewhoblossums.com  and facebook : rodia pigfo
"Dea" "Dia"

PostSubject: Re: " Tribute to gyaru gals who also dress punk   Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:28 pm

きり~ wrote:
WARNING:
thats mostly haaady or ame-cashi. i don't suggest punk for gals at all.
then it goes lolli or decora, and you really want to keep harajuku styles
and shibuya styles as far apart as possible. or gyarus will rag on you~!

Okay I can see where you are coming from, with the styles i posted really not being punk however there are sum very subtle mixtures of punk in there style at least thats my opinion anyway... I dont think gals will rag on anyone who mixes punk/ and gyaru style... unless they do it really badly however most gals today from what i've seen do mix punk with their gal style, and its cute... the pictures above this message proves it ;]
Also umm i kno for a fact that lolli styles are mixed with gal styles ...its called hime-gyaru, so maybe you need to do more resreach
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: " Tribute to gyaru gals who also dress punk   

Back to top Go down

" Tribute to gyaru gals who also dress punk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1