Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

England

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sasori

PostSubject: England   Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:55 am

i'm going to england with my birthday~
but does anyone know the BEST ans reasonable shopping places?
i know london but...newcastle or..?

and if you know some good shops please let me know!
england sounds so expensive ;_; (because pond is higher than euro ;_Wink but my dad doesn't allow me to go to america ;p and i have already been to paris 2 times before
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: England   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 am

Do you have your destination in England decided already? Otherwise we can't offer any advice because you might have to travel a looong way which is just so expensive. Also what time are you planning on coming? Try and avoid the snow if you can; we have, like, no grit left in the country and we're having to ship it in from overseas, so roads that aren't main roads are absolutely treacherous. I was watching on the news yesterday how people were crawling across roads because the ice was so bad they couldn't stand xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sasori

PostSubject: Re: England   Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 am

well, i think feb. 12 till 15. just a small weekend ~
and i don't know the destination..which is better; london or newcastle? everybody i asked in rl says london but i also heard newcastle is big. i never been to england before -ashamed-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sasori

PostSubject: Re: England   Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:19 am

grit=the salt they put on the roads right?
in holland we have none left either lol! we had to ask germany for some xP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: England   Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:00 am

sasori wrote:
grit=the salt they put on the roads right?
Correct Smile

Also as someone who's been to both London and Newcastle (albeit only once and very briefly to Newcastle) I would recommend visiting London as it'll give you a much fuller experience of England and you have all the tourist hotspots to visit if you so wish. The shopping there is good too, naturally. I've been I think five times now and I've loved every visit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sasori

PostSubject: Re: England   Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:42 am

then i'm going to choose london! thanks for you're help.
i hope it's better shopping then in paris, because the 2 times i went there everything is too dang expensive and we only bought things from zara and h&m but we have those in holland too lol!
and i love to visit topshop lol. (i have to save my money though) =_=
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: England   Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Newcastle is a bit boring (no offence to my geordie mates lols) the main places to shop in England (which is still a big place it takes me like 5 hours to get to London by car) are: Manchester (my local haunt), Leeds, York, Birmingham and in London there's everywhere, Oxford Street and Regent Street; Portobello Road and Notting Hill; the King's Road in Chelsea; Carnaby Street; Covent Garden, Bond Street; Knightsbridge; Soho and Chinatown; Islington and Camden. By the way go to the Rainforest Cafe it's ace. It's highly expensive in England, taxes are pretty high at the moment as well. Bring an umbrella to England, if you're going to London be prepared to spend a hell of a lot of money. Also not everyone speaks like good Queen Elizabeth II so be prepared for some pretty weird accents.

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Hikitty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: England   Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:33 pm

YanYan wrote:
Also not everyone speaks like good Queen Elizabeth II so be prepared for some pretty weird accents.
Like dear YanYan here when she gets angry xD Its amazing how 'H & T' can just be dropped from the language at any one point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: England   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Otherwise I am perfectly posh, according to my boyfriend I speak the modern version of the Queen's English lols but when I do get angry I go in to full Yorkshire dialect, I'm pretty good at impersonating other accents though lols

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
sasori

PostSubject: Re: England   Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:34 am

YanYan wrote:
Newcastle is a bit boring (no offence to my geordie mates lols) the main places to shop in England (which is still a big place it takes me like 5 hours to get to London by car) are: Manchester (my local haunt), Leeds, York, Birmingham and in London there's everywhere, Oxford Street and Regent Street; Portobello Road and Notting Hill; the King's Road in Chelsea; Carnaby Street; Covent Garden, Bond Street; Knightsbridge; Soho and Chinatown; Islington and Camden. By the way go to the Rainforest Cafe it's ace. It's highly expensive in England, taxes are pretty high at the moment as well. Bring an umbrella to England, if you're going to London be prepared to spend a hell of a lot of money. Also not everyone speaks like good Queen Elizabeth II so be prepared for some pretty weird accents.
thankyou for you're advise. =)
ahh expensive .__. holland is also so yeah XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England   

Back to top Go down

England
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1