Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

what's IN right now and this season?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chococcino

PostSubject: what's IN right now and this season?   Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:11 pm

so what is trendy in gal fashion now? =))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mizukodomo14

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:17 pm

well, from what I've seen, Boho-gyaru for spring has become more popular
as well as some flowery prints+ pleather combos
animal print was in vogue for a while
there's quite a following of Nicole Ricchi, which I'm not fond of
ummm... short hair seems to be back in vouge too, and I'm not complaining, cause my hair can't grow xD
I'll get some photos of scans later, but that's what I've found :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Teitei2.devianART.com
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:23 pm

I'd suggest checking here:

http://universal-doll.com/

Mitsu has made plenty of posts about new spring trends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mizukodomo14

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:53 pm

http://ggggal.tumblr.com/

she also updates every day, every 4+ hours or so, so check her out as well :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Teitei2.devianART.com
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:06 am

To be honest, clothes don't make a real difference to gyaru, they generally tend to follow what's in fashion like any other girls in any other country.

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:07 pm

YanYan wrote:
To be honest, clothes don't make a real difference to gyaru, they generally tend to follow what's in fashion like any other girls in any other country.

LOL, am I reading this right? Since when do clothes not make a difference to gyaru?! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siusiu

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:31 pm

Giuliam wrote:
YanYan wrote:

LOL, am I reading this right? Since when do clothes not make a difference to gyaru?! XD

I think what she meant is that gals don't care what's trendy outside of their personal style. Like how just because Cowgirl/Western style is really trendy right now, it doesn't mean that a girl who's always worn Rock-kei is going to switch to being a Cowgirl just because it's trendy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YanYan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm

Giuliam wrote:
YanYan wrote:

A sports kit like this is very typical gyaru not!

Yet they still look gyaru, why? Because it's all about the hair and make-up, to be honest from what I've seen gyaru clothes are no different fro western clothes and as shown in the picture clothes make little difference if your hair and ake-up is done correctly. I don't appreciate you mocking me.

And don't play cheap with your heart. Don't make a bet if you can't write the check
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ameblo.jp/toyo-koyo/
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm

Excuse my brain fart at the time, but I wasn't mocking you. I honestly didn't understand what you wrote.

I agree with you somewhat, but at the same time, I think clothing does matter. The individual items themselves might not have to be distinctive—like a boyfriend blazer, a pair of denim shorts, a tank top, etc.—but they need to be styled or coordinated in a way that is gyaru and fits current gyaru trends. Take the recent scarf boom. You could use any scarf you wanted, but wearing it around your head and in a bow is the gyaru way of styling it.

If I saw a gal with perfect hair and make but walking around in an old lady's outfit, I'd think "Her hair and make are nice...except what's up with her clothes?" Saying that hair and makeup can make up for a bad outfit is stretching it, in my opinion. Yes, hair and make both help, but they're only part of the equation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chococcino

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 pm

i think that if someone of those sports-gals walks at the street or shopping center, i would think that she hasn't just money for nice clothes and she is wannabe who only have gyary make-up and hair... it's ok look like that if you are going to a run or gym or something like that... but real gyaru dress like gyaru. those girls are just borning. imo.

=))

Last edited by chococcino on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:00 am

chococcino wrote:
i think that if someone of those sports-gals walks at the street or shopping center, i would think that she hasn't just money for nice clothes and she is wannabe who only have gyary make-up and hair... itäs ok look like that if you are going to a run or gym or something like that... but real gyaru dress like gyaru. those girls are just borning. imo.

=))
She was just making a point, I believe.
Those gals were in their P.E. class, I'm pretty sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what's IN right now and this season?   

Back to top Go down

what's IN right now and this season?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1