Forever Gyaru

A gyaru trapped in a sparkling world is forever gyaru

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Coming back to gyaru

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emiko

PostSubject: Coming back to gyaru   Mon May 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Hey gals,
I've been away for waaay too long. I'm glad to see more member on the forum. ^_^ Anyway, while I was away I got lazy and really didn't do anything gyaru. (dress/make/hair) So, I've been hoping to start up again. I've been looking on the site and on the rest of the web as well, I think I'll start with basic gyaru kei makeup and clothes unless anyone has a good idea for something else. I'm also at a complete loss as to how I want to style my hair. Just tease it to give it some volume? I'll also be working on my tan since I've become so pale over the winter.
So, any ideas?
http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/13/25/96/22/self_110.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/hanagem/index.html
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Coming back to gyaru   Tue May 11, 2010 1:03 pm

Emiko wrote:
Hey gals,
I've been away for waaay too long. I'm glad to see more member on the forum. ^_^ Anyway, while I was away I got lazy and really didn't do anything gyaru. (dress/make/hair) So, I've been hoping to start up again. I've been looking on the site and on the rest of the web as well, I think I'll start with basic gyaru kei makeup and clothes unless anyone has a good idea for something else. I'm also at a complete loss as to how I want to style my hair. Just tease it to give it some volume? I'll also be working on my tan since I've become so pale over the winter.
So, any ideas?
http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/13/25/96/22/self_110.jpg

I think basic gyaru fashion is the best way to get back into the swing of things at this point. Are there any magazines or models whose style your admire?

For hair, what about going a bit shorter and getting bangs? Bangs are really popular right now and a quick way to change up your hair. Example cut:

Would you be open to dying your hair or do you like your current color?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emiko

PostSubject: Re: Coming back to gyaru   Tue May 11, 2010 1:20 pm

I did think of cutting my bangs straight across, but much like if I went any shorter in length, it looks really stupid on me. I like the black I have now and for my hair's sake, dying it isn't a good idea right at this point in time. If I can afford it, I'd like to get black and caramel extensions. As for my inspiration, I do tend to read Egg occasionally, there really isn't one model that I like more than others inspiration-wise.
Back to top Go down
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Coming back to gyaru   Tue May 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Emiko wrote:
I did think of cutting my bangs straight across, but much like if I went any shorter in length, it looks really stupid on me. I like the black I have now and for my hair's sake, dying it isn't a good idea right at this point in time. If I can afford it, I'd like to get black and caramel extensions. As for my inspiration, I do tend to read Egg occasionally, there really isn't one model that I like more than others inspiration-wise.

Having black hair is perfectly fine, so I wouldn't be worried about that.

It sounds like you're pretty open to all types of gyaru fashions, but for the most part, what sort of fashion do you feel you look best in or like the most? Cute and casual (like Cocolulu, Blue Moon Blue, etc)? Pretty and girly (like Liza Lisa, Tralala, etc.)? Cool and edgy (Backs, Gilfy, etc.)? Sexy (MARS, Lip Service, etc.)? Figuring out you like when it comes to clothes can help you a lot when trying to style your hair. Nothing compliments your fashion more than a great hairstyle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahn ne

PostSubject: Re: Coming back to gyaru   Tue May 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Do you like to curl your hair, or would you rather it be straight? Wink
And what about the length, do you mind having it cut for a more fun look,
or would you rather keep it long, for a softer appeal?

Personally, I think you'd look better with a curl, but your length should stay! (:
Maybe a bit longer, but not too much, since you have such a nice body, covering it with hair would be a shame.
sort of like:

Also, you can go for a Ganjiro/Shiro-Gyaru look, which are GALs that are pale,
and choose not to tan their skin, if your skin color is something you wish to keep.
These GALs follow other trends also, like they could be a "hime-styled" ganjiro, etc.
But keep in mind this may be harder for western GALs.

Some examples may include:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emiko

PostSubject: Re: Coming back to gyaru   Tue May 11, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm pretty okay with both curls and straight hair. I only want a little bit of a tan for summer, it doesn't really have anything to do with being gyaru for me, just personal taste. Wink I might end up trying a few different styles when I go shopping, but some ideas of what I should look for would help. I'm usually pretty open with the fashion, but I won't go any shorter on my hair. I only cut it because of the mass amount of damage it had at the ends. T_T
Back to top Go down
Giuliam

PostSubject: Re: Coming back to gyaru   Tue May 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Emiko wrote:
I'm pretty okay with both curls and straight hair. I only want a little bit of a tan for summer, it doesn't really have anything to do with being gyaru for me, just personal taste. Wink I might end up trying a few different styles when I go shopping, but some ideas of what I should look for would help. I'm usually pretty open with the fashion, but I won't go any shorter on my hair. I only cut it because of the mass amount of damage it had at the ends. T_T

Here are some tutorials. They should all work for hair your length:

Up-do & Arrange:

Curls & Waves:

Also, maybe try a pair of clip-in bangs? You never know, it could look really cute!

Fashion-wise, if you're just going by what's trending right now, a straw boater (can can) hat, floral romper, light-colored denim jacket or button-up shirt, and gladiator sandals are all key pieces this season. Are you in the US or elsewhere? I can link you to some examples.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coming back to gyaru   

Back to top Go down

Coming back to gyaru
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1